PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect Sneak Peak

JKTrix
10-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I swear, every time I see new footage of this game it gets me so excited to play it.

After 'Halo 3' Comes The Cinematic 'Mass Effect' | Game News Story | Multiplayer Gaming | MTV News (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1570741/20070927/id_0.jhtml)

MTV has an article up about how the game uses prominent Machinima creators to aide in creating true 'digital actors', and you can see how convincing and intense this scene in particular is. Watch the video. Beyond the intense situation at the end, just look at how the characters act during the dialogue. Even ignoring the pretty decent voices, the gestures and facial mannerisms are engaging--something most other games only attempt to accomplish in cinematic FMV cutscenes. Conversations are actually interesting to watch.

I recall learning about the 'Wrex' character (the big Krogan/lizard dude) beforehand. He's one of the characters that you could play through the game without ever meeting. You can imagine how this scene would have played out without having him in your party, and what a significantly different feel it would have.

Mass Effect has been cemented as my most highly anticipated game of this year since E3. I cannot wait.

Dragonsoul
10-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Yea Mass Effect is gonna be great but I thought that Halo 3 was more anticipated than Mass Effect?

I've played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 a little bit, and it's good. It's the same company, Bioware. I think Mass Effect is going to be 50-70 hours long right?

Rostum
10-04-2007, 04:40 AM
It looks nice, but that voice acting and editing was terrible.

Edit: I guess it's not too bad, they could have edited it a bit better.

Edit2: Oh wait, I didn't see him selecting responses, yeah it's pretty decent.

Markus. D
10-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Yea Mass Effect is gonna be great but I thought that Halo 3 was more anticipated than Mass Effect?

I've played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 a little bit, and it's good. It's the same company, Bioware. I think Mass Effect is going to be 50-70 hours long right?

A game could run for 918430950 hours and still suck.

Mass Effect looks neat :3! In other news n-n