PDA

View Full Version : "How did he survive?" joke game (spoilers)

Sefie1999AD
10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't remember if it was a video or a picture, but it was something that had Cloud saying to Rufus, "But you died! Your whole office exploded!" or something like that, and then Rufus responding, "I dodged." That was quite funny. Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to create some humoristic explanations to how Rufus is still alive in FFVII AC.

Xurts
10-04-2007, 11:16 PM
I think this topic should also include explanations for how Cloud survived a direct shot to the face.

JackNapier
10-04-2007, 11:20 PM
The Rufus you see throughout the game isn't actually Rufus. It's a doll controlled by the real Rufus who is a homeless man in Sector 3.

Seal Evil
10-05-2007, 12:47 AM
I think this topic should also include explanations for how Cloud survived a direct shot to the face.
He is made of steel. :cool:

Proxy
10-07-2007, 06:33 AM
I guess he had a mocking muffler, KE, Safety Wall and fire resist armor?
{/ro nerd}

Dr. Acula
10-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Rufus can do Great Gospel.

Masamunemaster
10-08-2007, 06:43 AM

The bullet was afraid to touch him and moved out of the way(chuck norris joke)

Light Mage
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
None of the bullets used by anyone in FFVII/AC seem to be projectile pieces of metal, they're probably just "things" that reduce HP.

After all, it's not like the guns ever need to be filled with ammo. ;)

Tallulah
10-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Rufus was too hawt to die! :love: Sorry, I have a thing for redheads... :D

And as for Cloud surviving the bullets... rubber bullets

JackNapier
10-08-2007, 09:42 PM

..Rufus is blonde. :confused:

Masamunemaster
10-09-2007, 12:35 AM
None of the bullets used by anyone in FFVII/AC seem to be projectile pieces of metal, they're probably just "things" that reduce HP.

Rufus' weapon had a real bullet duh

I can't even say the walker texas ranger on here on here now what has the world become

Ouch!
10-09-2007, 12:55 AM
That's part of the White Lies false subtitles that came out about a week after the movie came out in Japan and was subsequently spread across the interwebs.

Incidentally, it also involves a conversation between Cloud and Sephiroth about tea and lemon scones.

Mercen-X
10-09-2007, 06:56 PM

He's not a natural blonde. Rufus did die in the ShinRa building. Spiritually.
He survived by sheltering himself within the large remains of his father which he never bothered to have removed from his office.

Cloud's sunglasses come equipped with the Protect spell always in place.

ReloadPsi
10-09-2007, 08:38 PM

At the exact moment when the trigger was pulled, Cloud was driving in front of a plot hole. The bullet went into the plot hole and was never seen again. At that exact moment, Cloud bumped into the other side of said plot hole (the bottom, which of course is solid), knocking his glasses off. Also, a three-bullet burst from a high-calibur assault rifle only deals four points of damage in FF7, so a single shot from a semi-automatic pistol (when it's not flying into a floating plot hole) will do even less.

As for Rufus surviving? Phoenix Down. He was only caught in an explosion, not stabbed with an obscenely large sword like Aeris: As we see in battle, grenades do 120 damage while Sephiroth's sword deals over 3000. Outside of battle, the proportional damage is pretty much the same. Keep in mind also that Rufus was hit by Diamond Flash, an attack that reduces the victim's HP by a percentage and induces Silence, so either way, he couldn't have died.

Omni-Odin
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
That last comment was probably the best explanation I've ever seen to why Rufus survived.

Necronopticous
10-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Directed by Tetsuya Nomura

Tifa2007
10-11-2007, 12:20 AM
True.

Seal Evil
10-11-2007, 12:12 PM

He's definitely not in the game! Lol. And as for AC, I'd say he was strawberry blonde.

Cloud is blonde.

Loony BoB
10-11-2007, 12:19 PM
That's part of the White Lies false subtitles that came out about a week after the movie came out in Japan and was subsequently spread across the interwebs.

Incidentally, it also involves a conversation between Cloud and Sephiroth about tea and lemon scones.
I loved the bit where Vincent started advertising DIRGE OF CERBERUS. And the 80's music conversations. And the bee noises bit. xD Oh, it was all good.

MKusanagi
10-17-2007, 07:52 AM
[quote=Light Mage;2317581]None of the bullets used by anyone in FFVII/AC seem to be projectile pieces of metal, they're probably just "things" that reduce HP.

Yeah. And it's way better than Laser Tag!

MKusanagi
10-17-2007, 07:52 AM

He's definitely not in the game! Lol. And as for AC, I'd say he was strawberry blonde.

Cloud is blonde.

I'd say that Rufus is veiled.

Silver Haired Brothers
10-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Cloud can fly so there's no reason he cant survive a bullet

MKusanagi
10-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Geese fly too but they get shot down every year!

Silver Haired Brothers
10-29-2007, 04:17 PM
lol true

Kai McCloud
01-01-2008, 07:03 PM
ok in the game rufus is deffo a red head but strawbery blond in AC. Cloud was never shot in the face he was shot in the chest and survived because Aeris and zack said it wasn't his time yet
Aeris: "This ones a little to big to adopt."
Zack: "Sorry friend, looks like you dont have a place here."

Big D
01-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Rufus survived because the building wasn't sufficiently blown up to kill him outright. After all, he says that he managed to get out before the damaged floors collapsed. Basically, he was injured but not killed.

Cloud didn't 'survive a direct shot to the face'. It was a glancing blow that caught his goggles, but didn't hit him directly.

KentaRawr!
01-18-2008, 01:38 AM
He survived a shot to the face because he fucking felt like it.

Relapse
01-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Rufus is God (no offence to anyone).

Cloud has strong sunglasses.

blackmage_nuke
01-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Life 3, or Auto-Life whatever you kids call it these days

Kanshisha
01-18-2008, 12:58 PM
ok in the game rufus is deffo a red head but strawbery blond in AC. Cloud was never shot in the face he was shot in the chest and survived because Aeris and zack said it wasn't his time yet
Aeris: "This ones a little to big to adopt."
Zack: "Sorry friend, looks like you dont have a place here."

It was Zack who said that? i thought it was Cloud himself talking to Aerith. Well, we learn a thing everyday!

Why rufus didn't die? because he wasn't there, pixels were. a hologram.