PDA

View Full Version : A Monster Named Elnoyle

ReloadPsi
10-03-2007, 05:54 PM
I've only ever met Elnoyles in Ultimecia's Castle, but apparently they're supposed to appear in the Esthar Region a lot... I ran around both the city and the plains before and after the Lunar Cry and found nothing... where am I supposed to be looking?

Apparently these dudes are the most reliable drops for Energy Crystals, so please...

MedctnStn
10-03-2007, 06:13 PM
I've only ever met Elnoyles in Ultimecia's Castle, but apparently they're supposed to appear in the Esthar Region a lot... I ran around both the city and the plains before and after the Lunar Cry and found nothing... where am I supposed to be looking?

Apparently these dudes are the most reliable drops for Energy Crystals, so please...

you have a very small % chance to find one within the city of esthar, not on the highway or outside the city. you can only find them after you get the ragnarokon disc 3.

the only way you can always find one is this:
1. fly the ragnarok to the airstation and land there.
2. walk down a couple of screens until you get to where odine's lab is (where zell and party met him before you got on the lunatic pandora with edea)
3. from there, walk upwards towards the top of your screen. i think you should see yellow arrows guiding you.
4. next screen you should see the figure of a dark person waiting on the bridge.
5. talk to him and he will laugh at you, then attack you.
6. after defeating him, leave the screen and come back, and he will be there again. you can do this as many times as you want. mugging them gives you moon stones and they drop energy crystals upon death.

i hope this was clear enough for you, or maybe someone else can elaborate on this.

The Ceej
10-03-2007, 07:22 PM
On the world map, on the blue and red roads on Esthar, you can run into Elnoyles. Not in the grass, though. So, to be clear, the world map part of the city of Esthar. I hope that's clear enough. I'm not sure how common they are to show up as I don't walk on that area very often. I have, however, run into a few Elnoyles there in my day.

Polaris
10-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Outside Esthar on those blue streets I found a couple of them with the junction that allows you to find more monsters :jokey: Pretty suiciding but is the best option, now inside the city you find a guy that is fainted and if you talk to him he'll say (.....................) and TA-DAH Elnoyle will appear! :D

Gosh I miss ff8 ;_;

Jimsour
10-04-2007, 01:47 PM
It must be a certain level to drop energy crystals.

I think the "Lv UP" and "Lv DOWN" commands work to influence it if your not high enough.

Big D
10-06-2007, 11:56 PM
It must be a certain level to drop energy crystals.

I think the "Lv UP" and "Lv DOWN" commands work to influence it if your not high enough.And Elnoyles are vulnerable to instant death, so junctioning 100 death spells to Squall's status attack guarantees a kill. Basically, this means you can take an Elnoyle up level 100, but still have an easy fight regardless of your own party's level.

farplaner
11-22-2007, 11:03 AM
LV up and LV down don't work on Elnoyle.

Serapy
11-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Elnoyles is always part of the R=U conspiracy.

Aerith's Knight
11-22-2007, 11:41 PM
whats elnoyles? .. isnt that a monster?

Creeping Shadow
12-09-2007, 09:31 AM
http://http://www.ffsky.com/ff/zhuanti/ff8/enemy/elnoyle.gif (http://www.ffsky.com/ff/zhuanti/ff8/enemy/elnoyle.gif)

Heres a picture. Its a smaller one unfourtunatly.

James Leopold
12-09-2007, 09:58 AM
I hate Elnolyes. It took me ages to beat them.

I always found them in the Esthar area. But talking to that guy in Esthar is your best bet to finding one.

Aerith's Knight
12-09-2007, 12:50 PM
oow that smurf.. i was already level 99 when i smurfed his ass.. did it about 20 times :p.. wanted the parts for ultimate weapons :)

sub zero
12-12-2007, 02:22 PM
i fought the man on once (ive started again) and almost got my ass handed to me! lol. and i still didn't get a energy crystal

sillybuttons™
12-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I always found them in the Esthar area. But talking to that guy in Esthar is your best bet to finding one.

Yeah and if you move a screen or so away and come back you can fight elnoyle over and over. I found this explanation on gamewinners.

During Disc 4, take the Ragnarok and press Select until the large map appears. Select Esther/Airstation as your destination. Once you get there, press X when you are above a circular platform. You will find yourself in Esther again. Go down when your characters are mobile again. When you reach a fork in the road, go down and keep heading in that direction until you encounter across one of those mobile platforms that take you to other places. You should see flashing arrows on the ground above the platform. Go in that direction. You are now in the area of Elnoyle. Go down the steps, and there should be a brownish-colored freak on the edge of the walkway. He will laugh at you once you talk to him then you will immediately enter a battle. This trick is useful for getting the Energy Crystals for Irvine's Pulse Ammo, or refining them into the forbidden magic called "Ultima". This magic can raise your stats to the fullest if you have 100 of them. Once you defeat Elnoyle, go to your right. When you leave that area, go back. The same freak should be there. You can repeat as many times as desired. For better results, if you have the Bahamut GF, junction the "Rare Item" party ability to get two or three Energy Crystals. Note: Do not Mug Elnoyle or you will not get the Energy Crystals.
Information in this section was contributed by Ian Kovich (http://www.gamewinners.com/from.php?u=pyrosphere13&i=hotmail.com).