PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Context (Or That's Not What I Meant)

The Ceej
10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Okay. The point of this thread is to take quotes out of context for laughs. There are rules, though.

You can get the quotes from the forum or from your PM's, but the original quote has to be something that the person said to you specifically.

You may not edit the quotes in any way other than taking them out of context. No "fixing" quotes.

And be respectful. If the person specifically asked you to keep something private, please do. Someone may find out what was said even if the quote is out of context.

The point is to be as funny as you possibly can in taking your quotes out of context.

Oh, and at some point, mods may step in and add a "one post in every ten" rule. Respect that. They're the mods, after all.

All right. Now I get to take LunarWeaver out of context. This is going to be especially fun because he says a lot of things that could be taken totally different and bizarre when taken out of context.

I don't think I can look at lollipops the same ever again.

Rengori
10-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Dammit Laddie, I'm not doing you again!

bipper
10-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Does a Cornish Pastie count?

REngori, you FAIL! IT has to be something someone else said.

Heath
10-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Will you do me if you have time? :D

Random member from Who's Online + random post = win, apparently.

Shlup
10-09-2007, 03:51 AM
Ceej has stumbled upon an EoFF classic that we haven't had in... years. Awesomeness.

Though I don't have time to look for good ones right now...

Isn't one of you enough?

The Ceej
10-09-2007, 04:09 AM
Wait a minute, Shlup. Are you saying this has been done before? Damn. And here I was thinking I had an original idea.

I'm pretty sure this makes me an ungrateful thief and one day I will be raped in a dark alley over it.

EDIT: I just noticed my quote could be misconstrued as part of my post. Alas no. It's just the out of context quote for this post. Speaking of which, Miriel, you don't have a quote in your post.

Miriel
10-09-2007, 04:23 AM
It's been done many times before but it's been a long time since the last quotes in&out of context thread. I was actually thinking about it the other day. It's good you started a new thread about it!

Rengori
10-09-2007, 06:33 AM
REngori, you FAIL! IT has to be something someone else said.

I figured. But I was really just trying to get the thread bumped.

I guess they're hungry for yanis...

Loony BoB
10-09-2007, 03:04 PM
This is still a different twist on the usual quotes threads in that most of these are posts rather than chatlogs.