PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Arms: Good or Bad?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I haven't played this game yet is it any good? I'm a little reluctant to buy it because Gamespot said that Enchanted Arms was a forgettable RPG experience.

JKTrix
10-04-2007, 03:23 PM
You don't leave any room for 'middle ground'. It's not good, it's not bad. It is entirely forgettable. Not really worth buying.

It was decent on the 360 since it was the only RPG on the system at the time. I have it on the 360. It came with a little manga. Pretty interesting. But I didn't play it for longer than a week. By time it came out on the PS3, Oblivion (while a different type of RPG, it was far superior) had already been out for a month so it wasn't even worth playing.

I say don't bother. It is a decent game, but not worth buying with more worthy games out there.

Laddy
10-04-2007, 07:04 PM
I really liked it, though the prologue kicks ass in comparison to the other parts of the game.

Dragonsoul
10-04-2007, 11:19 PM
metacritic.com/games
gamerankings.com
type in Enchanted Arms and see the average of critical and user reviews. The game wasn't too important really. I think it got more attention because it was the first traditional rpg for the Xbox 360 and also for the PS 3. If you want to you can rent it, but I don't recommend buying it without playing it.

Somehow, I'm reminded of the situation we had in the Fall of 1996 I think when the first rpg for PS 1 came out and it was Beyond The Beyond and it wasn't too good. Some people skipped it and waited 2-3 months because that's when Suikoden 1 and Persona 1 came out, which were both pretty good games. :D

Release Dates (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/release.cgi)

The Shoeless Hobo
10-05-2007, 02:59 AM
I liked it. Almost finished it but got stuck at the last boss... xD

Dragonsoul
10-05-2007, 04:55 AM
Finish it! I did the same thing with FF VIII. On the final boss I wasn't strong enough. I delayed levelling up and ended up not doing it and later selling the game, that was years ago and I haven't beaten FF VIII yet. I recommend some levelling and beating the game for you.