PDA

View Full Version : *~The Official Thread of Hippie-Ness~*

Laddy
10-04-2007, 11:04 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u58/atlanta_babe_07/hippie-1.jpg
Like, sweet! Let's celebrate hippie-time, baby!

James Leopold
10-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Whoa, man! This is like, so far out!

Goldenboko
10-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Zionks, where's my shaggy outfit when I need it?

Cz
10-04-2007, 11:21 PM
I don't think The Man is going to take the chance to vote in your poll, but it was very considerate of you anyway.

Hippies are great. They're lazy, braindead and unhygenic, and that's perfect. :thumb:

Jojee
10-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Happy and rainbow is fine by me :love:

And drugs. Mmmm drugs.

themagicroundabout
10-04-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm known to some as 'oi hippie :skull::skull::skull::skull:'.
Even though I wouldn't say I'm a hippie in any way at all. But whatever. :}

Cz
10-04-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm known to some as 'oi hippie :skull::skull::skull::skull:'.
Even though I wouldn't say I'm a hippie in any way at all. But whatever. :}Well, then you'd be wrong, wouldn't you, you hippie skullskullskullskull? :p

Deborah
10-05-2007, 01:08 AM
Some people at work call me a hippie....it's what I should expect with long brown hair though. Oh well!! :p

Araciel
10-05-2007, 01:30 AM
get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty hippies!

Momiji
10-05-2007, 02:11 AM
Where the hell is Jebus?

Psychotic
10-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Isn't being an Official Hippy and having an Official Hippy Thread kinda contradictory?

Also, fuck hippies. While I'm with you on the crucial sitting around doing bugger all issue, war is awesome and corporations are awesome.

Kirobaito
10-05-2007, 02:20 AM
I've been referred to as a hippie based on my New Left tendencies and love for folk music, but I refuse to use that label on myself. I find that 'hippiedom' should only be viewed as a singular aspect of the counter-culture of the 1960's. Most people today view them as the same thing, and that's quite simply in error. The reign of 'hippiedom' seemed to reflect more of a denial of responsibility, and an excuse to abandon all prohibitions.

The true heroes of the 60's counter-culture were those who wanted social revolution, but pursued it intellectually and responsibly.

Mirage
10-05-2007, 02:30 AM
I don't like hippies!

Madame Adequate
10-05-2007, 02:41 AM
WHAT THE SMURF IS THIS :skull::skull::skull::skull:

GET OFF MY INTERTRON

One day I will be CEO of a corporation that is an amalgam of Blue Sun, Weyland-Yutani, Omni Consumer Products, Page Industries, Tyrell, Umbrella, dataDyne, Luthorcorp, Shinra, Ares Macrotechnology, and for good measure Cyberdyne as well. Only much more powerful than their combined power would be. And when this day comes, I will crush every hippy under the vast, mechanical boot of industry and progress.

Rye
10-05-2007, 02:46 AM

GET OFF MY INTERTRON

One day I will be CEO of a corporation that is an amalgam of Blue Sun, Weyland-Yutani, Omni Consumer Products, Page Industries, Tyrell, Umbrella, dataDyne, Luthorcorp, Shinra, Ares Macrotechnology, and for good measure Cyberdyne as well. Only much more powerful than their combined power would be. And when this day comes, I will crush every hippy under the vast, mechanical boot of industry and progress.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ryechuuu/megatrongood.jpg

I can't say I'm a hippie, but I have friends who aspire to be hippies. =]

Mirage
10-05-2007, 02:47 AM

GET OFF MY INTERTRON

Cyberdyne would be enough on its own. <3

Rengori
10-05-2007, 02:48 AM
I used to have a problem with hippies, but as long as you let the anti-smoking activists to be bigger assholes you're cool with me.

Laddy
10-05-2007, 03:47 AM
Oh, they already are, my young lad, they already are...;)

final fantasy is stinky
10-05-2007, 03:49 AM
Well since this is the hippie thread when is marijuana gonna be legalized?!?!?! ^_^

Rengori
10-05-2007, 03:50 AM
Well since this is the hippie thread when is marijuana gonna be legalized?!?!?! ^_^

When someone other than hippies takes action.

Laddy
10-05-2007, 03:51 AM
Soon, my friend, in time, we will be free!

Okay, I don't actually smoke marijuana...

Rengori
10-05-2007, 03:54 AM
Okay, I don't actually smoke marijuana...

Please tell me you at least take acid.

rubah
10-05-2007, 04:32 AM
I'm pretty. and hip

http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/f_in__hippie.jpg

blackmage_nuke
10-05-2007, 05:12 AM
It is, you're just in the wrong country!:D

Breine
10-05-2007, 10:52 AM
I have the hair to be a hippie :eep:

theundeadhero
10-05-2007, 11:17 AM
I was a hippy until I sold my soul to the government.

Mirage
10-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm pretty. and hip

http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/f_in__hippie.jpg

You really do look like a hippie!

rubah
10-05-2007, 03:25 PM
I've been referred to as a hippie based on my New Left tendencies and love for folk music, but I refuse to use that label on myself. I find that 'hippiedom' should only be viewed as a singular aspect of the counter-culture of the 1960's. Most people today view them as the same thing, and that's quite simply in error. The reign of 'hippiedom' seemed to reflect more of a denial of responsibility, and an excuse to abandon all prohibitions.

The true heroes of the 60's counter-culture were those who wanted social revolution, but pursued it intellectually and responsibly.

kinda like beatniks?

Polaris
10-05-2007, 03:27 PM
does that mean we won't shower for a year? :hyper: And btw I totally support the peace and love filosofy! :D Specially the love one :cool:

Peegee
10-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Eh, I've never liked hippies. Ideologically we are at odds.

I like making fun of them like Cartman does in South Park, but bleh...not worth it.

Resha
10-05-2007, 05:39 PM

kinda like beatniks?

beat generation = rawr.

And me, nah. I mean, I'd gladly dump all responsibility and I do appreciate a spot of substance abuse now and then, but I see hippiedom as being a social revolution of sorts in that it broke barriers and caused social upset in the '60s. It's been done now, and there's nothing left to break -- at least not by being a hippie. Does that make sense? It makes sense to me in my mind in a twisted way x_x

Kirobaito
10-05-2007, 06:49 PM

kinda like beatniks?
Kinda, but the Beat Generation was largely over by the beginning of the 60's. You had the same kind of beatnik communities at the beginning of the 60's, in Chicago and Greenwich Village. The real burgeoning of the hippie movement didn't come along until like '65 or '66. New Left is the best way to describe it. Authors even separate the 60's Counter-culture into the three parts of Hippiedom, New Left, and Civil Rights Movement. The people that really made a difference were the New Left. The hippies agreed with those in the New Left but didn't do anything about it.

escobert
10-05-2007, 07:06 PM
*dances around smoking herb with hippies*

Araciel
10-05-2007, 10:30 PM
my sister is really hippy

The Unknown Guru
10-06-2007, 05:40 AM
Remember: rolling stops, 5 MPH under the speed limit at all times, tailgate whenever possible.

final fantasy is stinky
10-06-2007, 06:21 AM
[/QUOTE]
It is, you're just in the wrong country!:D[/QUOTE]

What country are you in???:D

Randgris
10-06-2007, 06:36 AM
I don't know any hippies. I don't really like them, they look, kinda 'blah' to me. :eep:

Rengori
10-06-2007, 07:04 AM
It is, you're just in the wrong country!:D

What country are you in???:D

The right one.