PDA

View Full Version : Who's buying Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings?

Dragonsoul
10-04-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm buying a Nintendo DS for this game and I'm getting the game the day it comes out, November 20th, at midnite! I'll take the day off to play it. I'm real excited about this game, it's my most anticipated game of the year. Last year I was anticipating Final Fantasy XII most, and next year I'm anticipating Final Fantasy XIII most.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII:_Revenant_Wings)
FINAL FANTASY XII REVENANT WINGS (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff12rw/)

JackNapier
10-04-2007, 11:30 PM
I'll rent it and see where it goes from there. If I enjoy it enough then I will definitely buy it.

Crossblades
10-04-2007, 11:32 PM
I will definitly buy it. I've been wanting to play a good DS game for a while now

Dragonsoul
10-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Ubel, I can't believe your signature picture is Kefka in his final form, that is great! I used to have part of that picture as my avatar also! Final Fantasy VI is by far my favorite game. The only thing that can try to come close to it is Chrono Trigger, and that also has a big lead over my third favorite game! I don't know if I'll ever play a game as good as Final Fantasy VI! :)

Crossblades, your signature of Final Fantasy VI characters, with a short comic strip, is great! Have you considered making more comic strips and jokes? Please think of some more stuff. :D

EDIT:
I was watching the videos from the Japanese official website for FF XII: RW and I found a great one.
FINAL FANTASY XII REVENANT WINGS (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff12rw/)
Click on downloads to see the trailers, and then click on the one on the bottom right that says E3 right below it. That's the final trailer released for this game. At the very end of the trailer, Yiazmat shows up~!! He appears and starts threatening the party, who are suddenly faced with having to battle Yiazmat! That's a great ending to the final trailer! This reminds me of when the final trailer for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children came out and in the final seconds of the final trailer, Sepiroth shows up! Cloud then is faced with a task of having to battle against Sepiroth. That FF XII: RW trailer was great! :)

PeneloRatsbane
10-05-2007, 02:06 PM
i can't wait to get it i played the japanese one but it will be great to actually understand what they are saying.
I love Fran in this game, you really get to see another side to her.
and Basch and Ashe altho they are only in it a bit seem to be a pretty dynamic dou

Karellen
10-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I played some of the Japanese version via an R4 cart. It didn't seem like anything special.

PeneloRatsbane
10-05-2007, 06:50 PM
the thing i love the most about it is that there are cool video scene all the way thru, not just at the beginning and end, it just is a nice touch cos so often i buy a game and hope that will happen and it doesn't (is looking at you ffIII)

Heath
10-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I'll certainly take a look. I'm sure one of my friends will buy it before I do, so I'll ask their opinion, perhaps play it a bit and see what we make of it collectively before deciding to invest in the game myself. I'm looking forward to it though.

Mercen-X
10-09-2007, 11:08 PM
I want them to make a brand-new Final Fantasy wherein the Chocobos have evolved into humanoids who still bear bird-like features and can transform into giant birds. Revenant Wings features a new species of winged humans and I think it'd be awesome to have a game which features similar creatures I've already named, the Chocs. It's lame for now, I know, but the concept is cool and you're a liar if you say it isn't.

Omni-Odin
10-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Buying it!!!

Bolivar
10-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Yep, got it on reserve... a little early but i couldn't refuse

Dragonsoul
10-10-2007, 10:00 PM
I want them to make a brand-new Final Fantasy wherein the Chocobos have evolved into humanoids who still bear bird-like features and can transform into giant birds. Revenant Wings features a new species of winged humans and I think it'd be awesome to have a game which features similar creatures I've already named, the Chocs. It's lame for now, I know, but the concept is cool and you're a liar if you say it isn't.

That is great!

Anyways, November 9th is the paycheck in which I will use the money to buy a Nintendo DS Lite Silver and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings and it's strategy guide. The EB Games nearby me and the Gamestop also should be open at midnite(Mass Effect and Rock Band and Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess are released also at midnite!). I'll wait in line and get this game. I'm excited because I'll take a few days off of work/school hopefully for this.

I read all three reviews of Zelda: PH for DS on Rpgamer, they give it slightly lower than expected reviews but the Metacritic.com/games reviews are high for this game. I wonder if it'll be better than Links Awakening(Zelda: PH or FF XII: RW)?

Bolivar I have only Lost Odyssey on reserve. I had Blue Dragon on reserve but changed it. I was thinking Mass Effect or Lost Odyssey but I ended up choosing Lost Odyssey, which is good because I'm not planning on buying Mass Effect, only renting it to see how it goes, but I plan to buy Lost Odyssey. I'll go reserve FF XII: RW also eventually. I wish I could get the special edition DS for FF XII: RW!

Bolivar
10-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I'll go reserve FF XII: RW also eventually. I wish I could get the special edition DS for FF XII: RW!

Yeah those look really cool. One thing I have to say is that this game has had some impressive artwork so far

Xurts
10-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Hell no.

1. I don't have a DS.
2. Final Fantasy 12 is garbage.
3. Vaan and Penelo are two of the worst characters ever.

Dragonsoul
10-12-2007, 12:38 AM
I'll go reserve FF XII: RW also eventually. I wish I could get the special edition DS for FF XII: RW!

Yeah those look really cool. One thing I have to say is that this game has had some impressive artwork so far

I wonder if I could play the Usa version of FF XII: RW on the Japanese FF XII: RW special edition Nintendo DS Lite?

gudkid
10-12-2007, 04:37 AM
im not sure about buyin' it coz i ain't got no DS but i envy those who will and can buy it :((

Rostum
10-12-2007, 06:28 AM
1. I don't have a DS.

You suck. :mad2:

2. Final Fantasy 12 is garbage.

You suck. :mad2:

3. Vaan and Penelo are two of the worst characters ever.

Eh... kindofnotreally... you suck. :mad2:

Will definitely be getting this game when I have the money. :D

Hazzard
10-12-2007, 06:41 AM
I'm happy to say I got a DS Lite.

Final Fantasy 12 was awesome, and now their going to focus on the story development a lot more with this sequel.

Vaan and Penelo. Let's not hit on that subject, because their older and more wiser now after exploring with their airship, and across the great world of Ivalice!

The Lich
10-12-2007, 09:40 AM
I have a lot of other games to go through first, but I will probably will buy this one when I have the time to play it.

Nifleheim7
10-12-2007, 12:56 PM
I wonder if I could play the Usa version of FF XII: RW on the Japanese FF XII: RW special edition Nintendo DS Lite?

You wouldn't have any problems,all DS games are region free.

PeneloRatsbane
10-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Penelo really grew on me in this game, shes actually quite smart and a reliable type of lass who can dance like a table top dancer, shes sweet

Dragonsoul
10-13-2007, 12:37 AM

You wouldn't have any problems,all DS games are region free.

Ok I was researching this last night, so I think I'll be good. What does the FF XII: RW DS come with I wonder? I mean it'll have the parts plus a manual but what else is packaged? The manual will be in all Japanese right? Is there anything important in the manual that I actually have to read? I think I'll be fine buying the special edition FF XII: RW Nintendo DS Lite Silver. It's gonna cost twice as much but I may get it anyways. :)