PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Semitism & Racism

Azalar
10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Is there a lot of where you are?

I was waiting for my bus today, and some man came along mouthing of at the Jews, and then started to say the police in other countries cannot do thier jobs properly.

I was wondering if anyone here hears a lot of racism around where they live? and have they tried to stop it?

rubah
10-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Most of the racism from around here is people trash talking mexicans or talking about black people and asians as if they were little kids or entertainment.

which is a step up from trash talking black people and asians, I guess!

It mostly just makes me feel uncomfortable but I really haven't done anything to stop or reverse it.

Azalar
10-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Hasnt the goverment organised a "Stop Racism" day or something.
A Couple of years ago, we ran a "Stamp out Racism" and "Show Racism The Red Card"
That cleared it up a bit.

Peegee
10-05-2007, 03:56 PM
How? By killing racists? They still exist virtually everywhere in the world, you know.

Yeah there's racism in this area. I didn't think it existed, but then the more I thought of it the more it 'made sense' that racists exist. I'm not sure what that implies in terms of my justification of this behaviour.

NeoCracker
10-05-2007, 04:39 PM
I kill "Equalists". Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the races. Its just that now adays there are more people for equal Rights then against, so its easier to track them down.

Avarice-ness
10-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Racism's going to exist as long as there are people who don't look exactly like you.

Not to sound harsh but it's true. Each race seperates themselves from the other in some manner or another 'causing the actual INability to be "equal" to one another.

And actually yes, I live on the west side metro area of Milwaukee. My sister lives on the southern metro side of Milwaukee. In her town they don't allow a bus system to go there because they don't want to "bring in the dirt" basically, all the poor people, mexicans, blacks, white trash, etc. It's the only metro-town that refuses to allow the Milwaukee bus system to go through. Not to mention when in the town, I think it's like 98% white.

Yeah, Racism isn't going anywhere.

LunarWeaver
10-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Course, I live in a redneck area of Indiana. They hate everything here that isn't a white male going to church or fixing cars.

Vermachtnis
10-05-2007, 05:05 PM
"Dem Mexicano imgrents been stealin' our jorbs!"

I hear that almost everywhere I go anymore. It's getting pityful when I here someone running for some office say something like that and actually start crying.

oddler
10-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Most people that live in this area don't like anyone

here that isn't a hetero white person going to church or fixing cars.

Yamaneko
10-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Racism's going to exist as long as there are people who don't look exactly like you.
Not true at all. The idea of racism we understand today did not exist five hundred years ago. Racism (or discrimination on the basis of skin color) was a bi-product of American colonialism especially pursued after the notion of native labor had been quashed and countries like Spain, England and the United Provinces looked to Africa for their cheap/free labor. It was only after the slave trade in the sixteenth and seventeenth century had begun that the idea of inferiority between the races came about. Westerners needed a fabricated reason for their actions and they came up with what we call racism today. They looked at the bible for justification AFTER the fact (not before like many people think) and the culture was nurtured solely on those grounds.

I don't know much about Asiatic history and cultures (except for Modern Japan), but the idea of racism in Europe did not exist until the sixteenth century. Before then almost ALL discrimination was centered around religious divisions and going as far back as ancient Mesopotamia, all forced labor was a direct result of warfare. People aren't inherently racist because racism is not natural. Our ability to discern minor or insignificant differences among our own species does seem to be something inherent in us, though.

People haven't liked the Jews for over four thousand years.

NeoCracker
10-05-2007, 06:34 PM
And that concludes this episode of History with Yams.

NeoCracker
10-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Wow, that was a fast Rerun.

Yamaneko
10-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Don't you look funny now? :p

NeoCracker
10-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Touche' Yams.

Touche.

Laddy
10-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Course, I live in a redneck area of Indiana. They hate everything here that isn't a white male going to church or fixing cars.Mine's basically the same, but worse! *points to Location*

escobert
10-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Nope, everyone here gets along pretty well.

Discord
10-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Oh jeee... not this topic again. Guys, how often do we not talk about racism on this forum?

escobert
10-05-2007, 07:32 PM
atleast once a week.

Discord
10-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Just my point. I think we could just as well stickey a thread for ranting about racism. This is going a bit over the top, IMHO.

Miriel
10-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Hahaha, Yamaneko is being a smartie.

Yamaneko
10-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I feel obligated to put the piece of paper to use somewhere.

Miriel
10-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Educate the internet masses!

The Ceej
10-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Why hate someone for the color of their skin when, if you get to know them as a person, you can find so many other reasons to hate them?

Yeah. I think we can all agree that racism is bad. But we're supposed to have freedom of speech and freedom of beliefs. I don't like to hear people saying hateful, offensive, racist things, but I will defend to the death that person's right to say them.

Well....
Maybe not. But as much as I hate to hear hate speech, the fact is, they have a right to say it. We have a right to be offended by it. And we have a right to relaliate by saying something that offends them. That's how freedom of speech works.

At least, that's how it did work before 80% of the US Constitution was taken out of effect.

Araciel
10-05-2007, 10:29 PM
not that i know of.

Heath
10-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Well out of 600 votes in the a recent council by-election where I live a fifth of the votes cast were for the British National Party. Going back slightly earlier to May, in the North Wales electoral region, the BNP scored 5% so if you wanted to count BNP supporters as 'racist' then I suppose you could say there's a fair bit in North Wales. There's certainly a bit of hatred towards the English, though 'English Go Home' but at least such messages are in both English and Welsh nowadays.

I suppose with the recent influx of eastern European workers into Wales there's a fair amount of prejudice towards the them, especially when you consider how hard to find a job and how relatively economically weak Wales is anyway. There is some what I call 'casual racism' amongst a lot of the young people around here. By 'casual racism' I mean jokes about different people, remarks that are not politically correct and on the surface are racist, but are not explicitly meant to offend or cause distress (merely get a cheap laugh).

Having said that by some definitions being anti-Semitic is quite easy. I've read a few people saying that disagreeing with Israel is an example of anti-Semitism.

Rengori
10-05-2007, 10:36 PM
"Dem Mexicano imgrents been stealin' our jorbs!"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/Rengori/immigrant.gif

Anyway, it's LA. There's racism here but the racist people just get tired eventually.

Iceglow
10-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Well I live in London, UK Racsim is everywhere but at the same point you generally don't hear about the majority of racism present in London. In the news you hear all the time about racially motivated assaults/comments by white people on black people but you don't often hear the racially motivated assaults/comments on white people by black people. The reason I mention that is in a debate with people I know living here (both white and black) we agreed that the majority of racist assaults/comments in London are perpertrated by black people now ironically this came from the black people in the debate as they admitted racist comments for white people are often used commonly in discussions and sometimes in gang culture white people are the prime targets for muggings and other crimes because they don't want to be seen as targetting "a brother" or something similar. However in my opinion racism gets you nowhere you're far better off being friendly towards everyone in London I know I don't have any predjudices against any minorities and I get no trouble from anyone either.

KentaRawr!
10-06-2007, 12:55 AM
I doubt that racism can really be completely wiped out. Racism is just a negative opinion on someone based upon their inferences on other people with a common trait. So, if someone's been annoyed with 3 people with purple and green polkadot skin, he's probably going to form a negative opinion of the 4th before he meets him.

As for if I see racism where I live, very little. In fact, most of the people here are the type that jump to the word "racist" whenever someone mentions the word "black".

Rocket Edge
10-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Ireland to my knowledge, for the most part is racism free, but there is always going to be a little of it in whats growing to by a much diversifyied cultural nation.

The Ceej
10-08-2007, 03:26 AM
Speaking of race, I'd like to apologize, on behalf of all white people, for Vanilla Ice. We didn't know he was going to do that. He didn't mention it at any of the meetings.

NeoTifa
10-08-2007, 03:31 AM
ja, our band is highly prejiduce. they sing songs about "the running of the jew" and kaylas standing there like "omfg shut up betch im like jewish!!" lol. she funny <3 <3 i <3 u kay kay!!!

they r also prej against christians..? they mostly are "satanists" and make fun of christians and stuff. they go around saying "hail satan" and stuff. theyre dumb.

i dont care if people worship god, satan, bhuddah, allah, shiva, ifrit, w/e. lol. or if theyre black, white, yellow, purple w/ green polka dots. if they are nice and have a good personality, then ill talk to them. i have a lot of "diverse" friends

stalpho slayer
10-24-2007, 10:10 PM
YouTube - Naruto Q-Everyone's a little bit racist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbqQLu4u6xU)
watch this imediatly

Zeldy
10-24-2007, 10:16 PM
My town is something silly like 98% white, Im not sure why. Cities around me, like Liverpool and Bolton, are alot more diverse. I don't mind anyone living here aslong as they speak English, I don't like it when they don't.

Shiny
10-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Speaking of race, I'd like to apologize, on behalf of all white people, for Vanilla Ice. We didn't know he was going to do that. He didn't mention it at any of the meetings.

:laugh:

Uh, yeah there is racism here. Just like with pretty much every where. Not alot though. The racist comments I've heard were mainly directed towards Asians, blacks, Indians and Mexicans.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Where I grew up, it is more of a language divide. Silly Canadians who first argue about religion then change it to language. The biggest clash you will see west of Ontario (especially in Quebec and New Brunswick) is that between French and English language. Besides that the racism where I grew up was mainly toward the Native Americans.

In Montreal, there is definitely racism though I have been fortunate enough not to have witness much of it.