PDA

View Full Version : Burn in hell Fort Condor

Xurts
10-06-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm doing a replay of FF7 and am at Fort Condor right now. My problem is that the fool at the top won't let me start the fight. He goes through his schpeel and once I have options to pick from I select "Enough", then once I get more I select "Okay, ready." When I do this he says, "Hey we're a little short on money ... so could you at least make it 4000 Gil?" I've tried donating 500 and 5000 Gil, but I still get the same message. I've read that you don't have to donate anything, and the walkthrough on YouTube I watched only donated 500 before they were able to fight.

So wtf?

ReloadPsi
10-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Fort Condor's a waste of time. It's better to start the battle with no donation and then wait for the enemies to reach the top. Kill the ensuing boss and college EXP and Gil without spending any Gil in the first place.

Xurts
10-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Fort Condor's a waste of time. It's better to start the battle with no donation and then wait for the enemies to reach the top. Kill the ensuing boss and college EXP and Gil without spending any Gil in the first place.
I can't start the battle at all though, I just get the same message whether or not I donate anything.

Seal Evil
10-06-2007, 10:18 PM
I'd just leave it then. You get to fight there during disc 2 anyway.

Xurts
10-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm doing it for the Magic Comb reward.

It's like the game thinks I have already lost the 15,000 Gil that the Fort Condor people have.

EDIT: ah, nvm. Figured it out. ^_^

ReloadPsi
10-07-2007, 12:01 AM
I think you only get to do one battle then some time has to pass before another becomes available. No idea how that works though.

Psychotic
10-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Fort Condor's a waste of time.No way! The Fort Condor battle is awesome. I had no idea you could do another optional battle, though. I have a save file just before the storyline battle so I guess I don't need that anymore.

Agent0042
10-07-2007, 05:14 AM
An optional battle? Nah, you can actually complete 11 battles there. The details are all in the document Fort Condor FAQ at GameFAQs, you just come back at specific points in the game and you can take part in the battles.

Heath
10-16-2007, 11:29 AM
I quite enjoyed the Fort Condor mini-strategy sorta game. It was really too slow for comfort, but it was an enjoyable side show from the main game, in my opinion. Besides, we get to use catapults!

Slothy
10-16-2007, 01:53 PM
If you donate all your gil then you can't start the battle. Everything you spend when setting up comes directly out of your pocket. Make sure you have a few thousand on hand at least before you start.

XxSephirothxX
10-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Fort Condor might have been the most fun thing in Final Fantasy VII. Gotta love those graphics.

rubah
10-16-2007, 04:26 PM
I hate those kind of strategy battles >;[

Mercen-X
10-16-2007, 07:35 PM
An optional battle? Nah, you can actually complete 11 battles there. The details are all in the document Fort Condor FAQ at GameFAQs, you just come back at specific points in the game and you can take part in the battles.

I always just come back after any ShinRa-related events. I think I usually find a battle taking place about then.

Jess
10-16-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought you only got to fight there once! :o

leejihoon
03-15-2008, 11:26 AM
The donations are to help them survive any attacks that may happen while you're not there to save them. (But I think even if you donate nothing, it makes no difference.)

In order to play it yourself, you have to have 4000 gil on you. IE: Your gil. Not gil you've donated.

Vivisteiner
03-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Fort Condor Rocks!

FFVII sure has some awesome minigames

Elly
03-15-2008, 04:23 PM
i liked the Fort Condor game it's really easy... if you think it's too slow you can always speed it up, i think the game speed is controlled by the R1&2 Triggers if i remember correctly...

Zeromus_X
03-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Please don't revive threads that are this old. In the future, look out for the dates of posts in a topic if you are unsure whether it should be replied to or not- if it's a few months old, you may want to just make a new topic instead. Thanks!