PDA

View Full Version : The New Batman Adventures

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-07-2007, 03:00 AM
What do you think of The New Batman Adventures A.K.A. Batman: The Animated Series Volume 4? There are elements I like about it (the new designs for The Scarecrow and Poison Ivy) and there are elements I don't like about it (the new designs for The Joker and Catwoman) I thought most of the episodes were so-so.

There is only one episode that I really like it's called "Beware The Creeper" I like The Creeper because he's kind of a Freakazoid esque character and I love Freakazoid. (I wish that Bruce Timm would hurry up and release Freakazoid on DVD already!)

I wanted to see another episode with The Creeper in it but I didn't get my wish...oh well life is full of pain and disappointment.

Kossage
10-13-2007, 10:52 PM
I didn't really like the new designs, because I'd had gotten used to the more stylized ones in the previous seasons. The storyline seemed to go down a notch as well when compared to previous seasons, although there were some nice episodes among them. The scores slowly became rehashes instead of relying on original stuff like the previous seasons had done. Some of the new villains were interesting, including the Creeper (although he seemed like a rehash of the Joker in some ways, just lamer).

All in all I prefer the earlier Batman: TAS seasons to this, although when compared to the current Batman series even TNBA looks like a masterpiece. :)