PDA

View Full Version : ARGH! Effing slowdown >:(

.:kerrod:.
10-07-2007, 03:47 AM
hey, i just bought the new FFT for my psp, but i'm not really satisfied. I also bought the japanese one when it came out and although that game had slowdown for special attacks, i assumed they would fix it for the PAL release. However, this problem still remains, and although it is not HUGE, it is enough to interrupt gameplay and just drag the battle out a bit. Is anybody else highly frustrated or just me?

Dark_leon
10-07-2007, 06:26 AM
wait, its out? I thought it was going to be out in America on Wednsday?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-07-2007, 06:37 AM
He said PAL. America is not PAL.

As for the slowdown, it's annoying that it wasn't fixed given all the time they've had, but like you said, it's not a game-breaker.

10-07-2007, 07:31 AM
if NTSC doesnt have slowdown i'll be pissed, but i highly doubt they would fix that between the two releases :p

Dark_leon
10-07-2007, 09:49 AM
whoops, I didn't noticed it.

VorpalCyberWolf
10-08-2007, 04:27 PM
To be honest, when I get my copy, I probably won't care.

10-09-2007, 06:41 AM
yeah, i've played a little further into the game now, and it just seems natural, so overall, it's still the kickass game it always was, but it would have been a LITTLE nicer if this had been fixed. Seriously though, i dont really even notice it anymore, im just worried about summons and other big attacks later on :s

Lord Rimoah
10-10-2007, 05:20 AM
To be honest, when I get my copy, I probably won't care.

yeah, i've played a little further into the game now, and it just seems natural, so overall, it's still the kickass game it always was, but it would have been a LITTLE nicer if this had been fixed. Seriously though, i dont really even notice it anymore, im just worried about summons and other big attacks later on :s

THIS is what I'm sayin'!!! THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYIN'!!! I'm just glad I can play this again... AND FINALLY IN VERSUS MODE!!! I can't Wait to get my copy!!! I'm playing against Pharoh Amon Khan for cryin' out loud! He's told all about this game and I played the "PS1" version and it's tee-yight!

I can't wait to see my Dragoons against his wizards..> IT'S OWN!

Tatics Master
10-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Square reps where aware of the slowdown in the game and when asked about it they said they where going to "work on it". That was at least 4 monthes before the release date. Then last month the game still had the issue and squar said there would be no work done about the slowdown issue, at least not at this point in time. Now for later releases maybe they'll get around to it and fix this but we all know how square is about fixing and updating things:confused: ...especially when it comes to Tactics which means it'll probaly never be fixed.

But as long as its out...I guess I have to deal wiht it. Hell...its Tactics!:)

Part of the article:
The slowdown and sound downgrade, though acknowledged by the localizers, did not originally seem to be a priority for them to fix, being stated as "out of their hands."
A recent preview of the North American localized version, however, reveals that the slowdown has been reduced, stating that "now the technical issues are about on par with the minor slowdown exhibited in the PS1 release and are no longer distracting." The sound issues, though, remain in place.

Lich3636
10-13-2007, 07:52 AM
meh 26 hours of playing has made the slowdown seem normal now.