PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite moment?

Nifleheim7
10-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Personally,strange as it is,i can't think or choose one atm...:choc2:

PeneloRatsbane
10-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Favourite moment, I'm fond of the times when Vaan says dumb stuff,
I like when Basch is saying how difficult it is to look after royality and Ashe is standing right behind him like "Ahem!" (i mean come on Basch its not like u've actually done anything, My Ashe is like 20 levels higher than him)

but my fav has got to be Fran's lil emotional outbreak in Pharos where she gives Balthier her lovey eyes and stroke his face, just cos it makes me go "awwww fran is so cute! but she could totally kick a persons head off if she wanted"

Remon
10-08-2007, 08:57 AM
All the scenes with Penelo :love:

jeo2388
10-08-2007, 10:24 AM
it was during my 1st playthrough..
1st time i saw bhujerba, it was just so amazing..
probably, the best city square has ever made..

gudkid
10-08-2007, 02:04 PM
my fave would be when Vaan asked Fran how old she was.
quite amusing really....

Renmiri
10-08-2007, 02:13 PM
it was during my 1st playthrough..
1st time i saw bhujerba, it was just so amazing..
probably, the best city square has ever made..

Yes, same here.

The scenes at the top of the Pharos Tower were pretty neat too. Ashe saying Dalmasca never used the Shard, Balthier and Cid, Gabranth and Bash ant then Reddas...

DarkMateria
10-08-2007, 04:42 PM
The scene at the end with Balthier fixing the Bahamut.

Karellen
10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Bergan's speech on Mt. Bur-Omisace.

Elpizo
10-08-2007, 06:44 PM
My favourite moments in XII would be: Scene with Cid in Draklor, Scenes at the Pharos Lighthouse top (hell, any scene with Cid!), everything inside the Bahamut, the Ending.

Nifleheim7
10-08-2007, 10:44 PM
When it comes to a particular moment i really can't pick one but when i think of my time playing the game,the first thing that comes to my mind is when i first crossed the Ogir-yensa and Nam-Yensa Sandseas (i loved the concept of the abandoned drilling rigs) before reaching the Tomb of Raithwall (another place that i liked a lot,especially the courtyard with the great pillars).

Oh,and also talking with npc's in old Archades.The characters there felt more real than the main ones.

Dragonsoul
10-08-2007, 11:31 PM
I think maybe the part when you fly to the Ridorana Cataract and The Pharos. I haven't beaten the game but I'm doing the final sidequests. That scene reminds me of the kids Dinosaur fantasy world book Dinotopia, where you arrive at the city that is on top of an island but instead of the island bordering the ocean, it borders waterfalls all around it, then there is a huge ring around the waterfalls for huge cliffs and there are waterfalls everywhere as you approach the island also. I can't explain it but maybe I can find a picture.

Ok, I found something that's close to it. There's a company that draws murals on your bedroom walls and one mural they can draw is the image I am talking about, check out the page...
Dinotopia Landing Page (http://www.autographmurals.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=16)
http://www.autographmurals.com/images/Dinotopia_01.jpg

See how the island is bordered by waterfalls? See also that as you approach the island there are waterfalls as you approach it? :)

Doesn't this remind you of approaching the Pharos and the Ridorana Cataract? The Pharos is based on a real life ancient lighthouse tower in Greece or Rome I believe.

No.78
10-09-2007, 04:28 PM
When we first met the Ocuria (is that what they were called?)

The story was getting good, I just wish I knew what was going on.

Also when Vaan asks Fran her age I lol'd, and the ending was cool =)

Moar character dev plz

Heath
10-09-2007, 07:58 PM
I think I'd agree with Renmiri; those particular scenes were so high-powered and climatic, something that Final Fantasy games don't always manage at times, despite really building it up. The tower itself was a somewhat tedious dungeon because of it's length, but the scenes at the top were a good reward.

I also quite enjoyed the scenes on the Leviathan when Judge Ghis manages to blow the whole thing up. It really lead up to something and it was quite nice to see villains being punished as a result of their greed and lust for power by a source other than the main characters.

Bolivar
10-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, Renmiri beat me to it. I think the top of Pharos is the best scene in the game.

The part where Vaan picks up Reddas' sword and is breathing heavy, then he looks at Ashe and their eyes meet for a few seconds... it's like "DAMN, this is an intense story!"

The intro was real crazy too, really surprised me at how much Square is capable of as far as directing. But it felt like "ok, when's this movie going to end and the game start???". it was still good though.

PeneloRatsbane
10-10-2007, 04:05 PM
i like in Draklor, if u are controlling Fran, when you see the bodies and she gives a disdainful/sarcastic "lovely"

remnant1
10-10-2007, 04:24 PM
you all suck lol(jk).my all time fav. part is the end.war war war war boom boom and more war.i love war lolol.beating the game made me want to play star wars battlefront 2 lololol

silentenigma
10-11-2007, 12:01 AM
The scene where you find out the emperor has been assassinated and all that hubbub. I could feel the chaos.

Jessweeee♪
10-11-2007, 02:45 AM
The top of the Pharos Tower and towards the end when Vaan charges at Vayne o:

Lawr
10-11-2007, 02:48 AM
The part at the Pharos where Reddas cuts the Sun Cryst.

Woodinator
10-11-2007, 06:56 AM
My favorite has to be at the end of the Pharos

but I also like at the very beginning when Recks gets stabbed and you see through his eyes as it gets hazy and his breathing wheezy
(I didn't say it was enjoyable...just liked it because it was really realistic and it really scared me O.o)

jeo2388
10-11-2007, 11:54 AM
The part at the Pharos where Reddas cuts the Sun Cryst.

"for nabudis, I, Judge Magister, condemn you to oblivion!"

legendary

Loony BoB
10-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Maybe I need to play the end of the game, because I honestly can't think of any real high impact moment in the game. Maybe the opening scenes where the prince dude goes out to battle and stuff... not sure. I haven't played for a fair few months now, but nothing has stuck in my mind at all. Now I'm sad. :( Dammit, I need to finish it someday. xD

Finola
10-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Thought about it one minute. There's no such thing.
Hmm, well okay lets think again... Ah, probably the moment when it ended.

LunarWeaver
10-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Ashe talking to the Occuria!

PeneloRatsbane
10-12-2007, 01:39 PM
ashe giving Basch a smack round his face. That poor guy has just spent three years in a cage and thats the reception he gets from his dear old Princess (granted she thought he was a kingslayer traitor)
and Basch just stays totally cool taking it all. that guy needs to catch a break

remnant1
10-12-2007, 04:44 PM
theres alot of pharos parts lol,ill have to see that again

Yiazmat
10-13-2007, 11:07 PM
It is very difficult for me to answer this question, because I love everything in this game! There are so many wonderful things in Final Fantasy XII, that I honestly can't pinpoint an absolute favorite moment.

Some of my favorite moments are anything that features Fran. (I have a Fran fetish!)

Other special moments for me include getting multiple Grand Helms, suits of Grand Armor, Ribbons, Lordly Robes, and Brave Suits. Basically, anytime I obtain any of the "Ultimate Equipment" it is a special moment for me. The first time I got all my characters leveled up to 99. Achieving a 999 chain on Abysteel in Henne Mines was pretty cool. I suppose two of the most memorable and special moments was when I finally defeated Zodiark and Yiazmat. (Zodiark, used to kick my tail and now I can beat him in around a minutes time! Yiazmat on the other hand, is still rather tough for me even when applying the 50 min strategy.) Lastly obtaining the Wyrmhero Blade. (Even though it's pretty much worthless at that point in the game.)

I could go on and on, but those are some of my most treasured moments.

(I'm yet to obtain a Zodiac Spear in the Henne mines, even after weeks of non stop trying. If I can ever luck up and do that, then I'm sure that will be my most treasured moment. Lol! Other than that there are only three things left for me to do: Obtain the Danjuro, get the 99 Red Chocobo to appear, and do the 122333 challenge.)

Lynx
10-14-2007, 01:37 AM
well i liked the part where vaan leaves the flower and everything with his brothers memory was one of the few touching moments in the game.

also i enjoyed when larsa decided to help you fight aginast vayne

and everything in the end involveing gabranth.

Namelessfengir
10-14-2007, 03:11 AM
vaan having no common sense and asking frans age

Seraphic
10-14-2007, 08:05 PM
When the mist drives Fran into a frenzy and she goes all crazy on those guard peeps.
I too have a Fran fetish ;3~

Yiazmat
10-14-2007, 08:16 PM
When the mist drives Fran into a frenzy and she goes all crazy on those guard peeps.
I too have a Fran fetish ;3~

Sweet! Fran is so awesome!:D

EDIT: I have another favorite moment to add to the list. I just got the Danjuro. It took me over 7 hours!

Reasoniamalive
10-21-2007, 09:57 AM
My favorite moment...?

>_< *thinks hard*

Finally Pwning Zodiark after failing multiple times.

Rhadam
10-21-2007, 01:01 PM
The ending made me happy, because everyone lived happily ever after for once... Not a tragic ending that's so common lately.

Crescennt
10-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Favourite moment, I'm fond of the times when Vaan says dumb stuff,
I like when Basch is saying how difficult it is to look after royality and Ashe is standing right behind him like "Ahem!"

That was one of my favorites as well. I liked how Basch, Penelo and Vaan all kind of giggle and you see Ashe stare at them.

I also liked when they were with the Garif, because it gave them some time to rest and interact in a peaceful setting for once.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-05-2008, 03:39 AM
Please don't revive one-year threads.