PDA

View Full Version : [A] Dust Phoenix sketch

Lunareescence
10-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Hello~
I haven't been on these forums in ages..stupid school hogging my free time >.<
Anyways, here is a character design I'm working on
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n81/Lunarescence/DPfull.jpg
Please tell me what you think. I love constructive criticism :)

Slade
10-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Very cool. Everything seems to be spot on where proportions are concerned and the detail is beautiful. My only critisism would be that the anime style is kind of overused. Maybe mixing in a little of your own style with the anime style will bring something fresh to this particular type of drawing. But that's just me.
Other than that, awesome. Top work :)

Lunareescence
10-08-2007, 08:06 AM
My only critisism would be that the anime style is kind of overused. Maybe mixing in a little of your own style with the anime style will bring something fresh to this particular type of drawing.

Do you mean the way I draw the face? I'm trying to develop my own style, especially with drawing the eyes. It's kinda hard to explain, and it's hard to see in the drawing, but I kind of draw the eyes more attached, whereas in anime it's bigger and more detached.
I don't think that made much sense, sorry ^^; But it's hard to get out of the anime influence once you're influenced, I guess.

And thank you so much! It makes me happy to see people who actually pay attention to the details ^_^

Jojee
10-08-2007, 09:08 AM
So cuute :3 You should color it!

Lunareescence
10-08-2007, 10:05 AM
So cuute :3 You should color it!

I'm going to after I receive a little bit more feedback 8D

crimson-nightmare666
12-05-2007, 12:15 PM
wow its really god i especially like the outfit 10/10 :tongue::greenie::D