PDA

View Full Version : Return to the World of Eizon

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I asked about this in my Grand Tournament (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/108372-villain-grand-tournament.html) thread and I got a reasonable positive response so I'm going to post it here, with a bit more complete information as to what I intend to do to see if there's a more widescale interest.

I've been toying with the idea of redoing the World of Eizon (http://forums.eyesonff.com/world-eoff-eizon/), using the money earned from the Grand Tournament as a starting place. I'll let players use the (in many cases extremely large) amount of money they're earning here in order to create their own countries or merge with other players to create nations with cities and such. The world-building would be interactive, players could create various creatures and such and even earn money for "discovering" them.

Those who have not been participating in the tournament will not, of course, be required to. I will make other ways available to earn money (such as creating aspects of the world to help flesh it out). I will provide a map and divide up the world into various nations. Players can use money they earn to build an infrastructure for their nation, eventually expanding from a capital city-state into an empire. Those wishing to earn a bit more money are, of course, welcome to partake.

Diplomacy will be an integrated effect in the game, as well as alliances and war. Nations will be able to make peace or attempt to conquer each other based on the relationships between the rulers. Steps will be taken to try to foster a somewhat stable environment (to avoid the one-nation behemoth effect, although there are measures that can circumvent it) but the intent is to create a system where everyone can make thriving nations if they do well.

Also integrated into the game would be a roleplay system based around the Final Fantasy worlds (this is, after all, a Final Fantasy site). Players would get to build characters and even have them become stronger and use them for various roleplay purposes such as leading armies or going on adventures within the world. Players would, of course, not be required to take part in the aspects of the game they aren't interested, there will be plenty to do and your level of involvement is completely up to you. Not everyone will be able to be a nation leader, but those choosing to join another nation will gain a vital part in the government and will be able to affect policy (as the nation begins to move in a more democratic counsel-based direction).

Those taking part in the roleplay aspect will be generals, powerful characters who can command armies and bring hordes of troops to their knees. This system will further be integrated into the larger-scale aspect of the game, where their movements and commanding of the troops can tip the scales of battle in the favor of one nation or another.

Grand Tournaments would still be happening and would still be ways to earn money, I'd likely phase out the original character tournaments for awhile (but eventually have such tournaments occur between people's characters on occasion) and they'd be a large source of money. Nation rulers will, however, not be allowed to drain the entire treasury to bet in the tournament without severe ramifications (as populations tend not to approve of their king gambling away the entire treasury).

There will be other factors to determine one's population, happiness, etc., so that the element of country micromanaging is available to those who want it (especially as money is spent constructing cities and building resources). The game is designed to be ever-evolving, so more structures and creatures and players can keep entering the game, although new countries would happen less often (though the entire map wouldn't be initially revealed, as there are unexplored regions).

As this is based off Final Fantasy and I tend to prefer the more medieval, job-based Final Fantasies, the world will lean towards that setting (although I intend to include certain steampunk aspects, as seen in FFVI and FFIX like airships, trains, and the like). Military units will be based off the "general" classes that players themselves can take up if they choose to take part in the roleplay aspect, and different unit types will have their own effect on battle.

Anyone at all interested in taking part in this should say so in thread. All questions can be posted in this thread and I'll answer them as best I can. I'll be looking for co-coordinators as well as players, and all funds from the Grand Tournament are completely transferable. If I get a good enough response, I will create a map for the world and codify the rules. I know there's a lot going into the concept, but I'll try to keep it as simple as I am able to make it accessible for everyone.

Still here? Well then, get posting to tell me what you think. I'm also open to suggestions about what you'd all like to see in the game.

Jojee
10-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Sounds sweet, except I just skimmed all that as well as what the grand tournament is. xD I don't know if I could be a big participant in this due to short attention span but we'll see. Grand tournament seems like a pretty arbitrary way to earn money from what I skimmed, hopefully that won't be the main source. Sure sounds like you put a lot of thought into this, good luck :</>D

Araciel
10-08-2007, 10:24 AM
This is right up my creative ass...

I mean alley.

Tasura
10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Sounds good to me, I'd vie for a co-coordinator position to earn cash to become a nation, or something along those lines.

Loony BoB
10-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm keen.

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure I can be a co-ordinator but I'd like to give it a shot, at least for a while, if possible.

41-Inches-Wide
10-08-2007, 01:16 PM
This is as lovely as an afternoon tea with BoB.
I can do this!

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-08-2007, 07:06 PM
With regards to the Grand Tournament, it would be a way to earn extra money but most income would be from your own country's infrastructure.

And with regards to the Grand Tournament's victors, there actually is a method to my madness as writing combat scenes is a forte of mine and I'm a reasonably good judge of a character's power (or at least I like to think so). If this goes well, I will actually discuss the tournament with the coordinators to get as many opinions on the subject as I can to keep it fair, and will probably cap the bets. I just want to give those who've been competing in it a chance to use their money if they so desire.

Also, regarding co-coordinators, I've not yet decided if they will be able to have their own nation/take part in a nation or not, so if anyone has any ideas on that I'd much suggestions.

demondude
10-08-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm interested!

qwertysaur
10-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Yay! I get to make a final fantasy nation. I'm in.

Yamaneko
10-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Where's my Magestar?!

escobert
10-09-2007, 04:59 AM
Only if I can return to my postition as ruler of Desierto!

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-09-2007, 05:30 AM
Original Eizon participants will be allowed to rebuild their nations, I'll work that out more when I have some co-coordinators decided and such.

escobert
10-09-2007, 05:33 AM
How is the world going to be nation wise? and time wise? Like take place before or after the events of the first Eizon? and all that.

XxSephirothxX
10-09-2007, 06:07 AM
I hope Eizon is held to the same high standards as the rest of the threads in our Roleplaying subforum.

Rengori
10-09-2007, 06:10 AM
Sounds interesting. :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-09-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm removing this from the initial Eizon timeline and recreating the world. There will be a new map (which BoB has graciously volunteered to provide) and while I will allow anyone wishing to remake their country a definite bonus in regards to money and territory (I want to encourage those who initially took part in the world to return and offer a concrete benefit for them to do so). Consider this very much an alternate universe of the first.

And as far as roleplaying standards, they will be enforced especially hard. I'm too much of a hardass not to.

escobert
10-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Cool, I liked my people and land so that'll be nice. :p I'll check out my old thread and expand from there. So BoB please add a desert in there :p

theundeadhero
10-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Advice for people playing in Eizon: Set up trade routes. I did that just before the old one was shut down and it made it far more interesting. Pick a resource your country is abundant in, trade it to someone who needs that for something they're abundant in, and go 'round creating a trade pyramid for which the profits can be used to build stuff in your nation. I built an astronomy tower in my land.

Mercen-X
10-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Never heard of this before. Judging by what I see in the link, seems uber-complicated.

Heath
10-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Never heard of this before. Judging by what I see in the link, seems uber-complicated.

It's not terribly, you can easily pick things up as you go along really. It was nice and easy to begin with as everyone was starting out with Eizon and I'm sure this time would be no different.

I think it sounds like a rather excellent idea. Not sure if I'll participate again (I sorta stopped posting at EoFF completely a while after Eizon started), but I'll be happy to help out in any way if not.

TyphoonThaReapa
10-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Alright, I think everyone will agree that my involvement will be very much appreciated. Behold the Void, let me have the honor of becoming one of the co-coordinators. And I have seen the first Eizon (After Death Anyway...:rolleyes2) and I have to say I was very impressed. I think a chance like this can really help me out with improving my game creating skills in a long run.

Eiko Guy
10-11-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm totally in. Wonder if anyone wants to have a conation. That we both fund. Is that even possible.

JackNapier
10-11-2007, 12:34 AM
This sounds fantastic!

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-11-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm gamed, though I am a bit like Jojo with the short attention span. x-x;

McLovin'
10-11-2007, 02:00 AM
I'm interested.

Advent VII
10-11-2007, 02:43 AM
This is totally the hudge rp I'v been looking everywhere for. It looks great, seems as complicated as it is deep, but people say that its easy to pick up, so i would love to participate. Also, I would be more then happy to assist you (btv) in any way needed. Anything to help a fellow writter like myself :).

escobert
10-11-2007, 02:51 AM
Most of what you see in that Eizon thread was over a long period of time. WE started off small and worked more things in as we went. Made life SOO much easier.

Proxy
10-11-2007, 03:19 AM
i remember i had my own island chain at one point. then it fell apart. though I'm not participating in the tournament. i'd like to be a part of Eizon again.

Rengori
10-11-2007, 03:23 AM
EIZON = EYES ON:eek:

Proxy
10-11-2007, 03:25 AM
EIZON = EYES ON:eek:
Ba haha. You're seriously just noticing now? lol
Oh, you!

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-11-2007, 05:58 AM
All right, looks like I'm getting a good response so as of this post, I am proceeding with the plan.

First off, I want anybody interested in being a co-coordinator to fill out the following short form.

Username:
Join Date: (this won't necessarily make you more or less qualified, it's just for my own interest and probably some stats later since BoB seems to like doing that stuff)
Why you want to be a co-coordinator:
Why you think you're good for the job:
What you intend to bring to Eizon:

I have not yet figured out if co-coordinators will be able to create or take part in their own countries. I want to allow them, but I also don't want other members to feel there are problems with fairness and the like. Feel free to post your own opinion on this as well, and once the co-coordinators are chosen we'll discuss it more. I'm thinking no more than 5 including myself will be co-coordinators, possibly 3 to start off with depending on how things start progressing. Anyway, let's get going, I'll start putting together some of the basic rules and structures this weekend when I'm not ungodly amounts of busy.

professor_scissors
10-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Are communist countries allowed?

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Are communist countries allowed?

Of course.

TyphoonThaReapa
10-11-2007, 06:32 AM
Username: TyphoonThaReapa

Why you want to be a co-coordinator: I want to be a co-coordinator because this would be a great opportunity to increase my skills as a successful RPG creator.

Why you think you're good for the job: I know I'm good for the job because I already have considerable skills in the field I'm applying for. And I refuse to pull punches when it comes to business.

What you intend to bring to Eizon: I intent to bring to Eizon and helpful hand in the creation of the RP side of this project. I will also try my best to help in any other my possible.

Araciel
10-11-2007, 06:59 AM
I hope Eizon is held to the same high standards as the rest of the threads in our Roleplaying subforum.

L to the O L

Zante
10-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Sounds like this could be fun, I will definitely check this out.

Advent VII
10-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry, this could be a totally stupid question, but befor i fill out the form i would just like to know, what would being a co-coordinator entail?

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Co-coordinators will deal with a lot of major world-and-gamebuilding things. They'll be there to also keep me in check since I have this bad tendency to make things WAY more complicated than they need to be.

Some things co-coordinators can expect to do:

Help manage the behind-the-scenes number-crunching (I'll probably codify some sort of way to calculate in hard numbers how a country is growing and progressing so that there's a formula on how to do it. Co-coordinators will likely end up updating some of the stat sheets, which will probably happen once a week).
Help come up with the various rules and help with implementation of new rules as the game grows and becomes more complex (as with the original Eizon, I want to start small and expand as the game grows).
Mediate any game-related disputes (if co-coordinators have their own countries, another co-coordinator will be required for any mediation the co-coordinator requires for their own country).
Be major contributors to the world (while everyone will be encouraged to submit ideas, co-coordinators will be expected to help in the process).
Take part in discussions with other co-coordinators about various aspects of the world (what new features to roll in, how things should be handled, etc.)

It might sound like a lot of work, but really it should run pretty smoothly and painlessly if we do it right, which I'm definitely trying to do.

Tasura
10-12-2007, 03:53 AM
Username: Chaos Is The Key
Why you want to be a co-coordinator: Because I believe, to an extent, that it will help me with any future story/world building of my own, and I do believe that it would be interesting.
Why you think you're good for the job: Because I've DM'd before/am currently doing so. And I've created many world for other stories and the like.
What you intend to bring to Eizon: An extra set of hands and eyes, and a partial impartiality.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-12-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm going to go ahead and set the co-coordinator application deadline to sometime before 12:00 AM Monday Morning (Pacific Time). So, essentially, before Sunday is over.

The Triumphant Hero
10-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Username: The Triumphant Hero

Why you want to be a co-coordinator: I want to be a co-coordinator so I can help it run well and keep it fair for the people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing :D

Why you think you're good for the job: I think that I will be good for this because I enjoy managing things and am good at crunching numbers.

What you intend to bring to Eizon: I will bring a very creative mind and a dedicated helper.

Monol
10-13-2007, 04:50 AM
This should be sweet...So like can nations be destroyed? If so what happens then? Can folks just sort of waltz back in or what? Do the dead get graves and burials and such so their rememberd but cant come back? Can the corpses be eaten? Can they be reanimated in the legions of the undead? Can there be rivaling clans? Will there be...love? What kind of resources are available?

So many questions...but only a FEW are serious! Feel free to answer any worth answering or none at all
Its allll good here

Love the idea by the way

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-13-2007, 07:56 AM
This should be sweet...So like can nations be destroyed? If so what happens then? Can folks just sort of waltz back in or what? Do the dead get graves and burials and such so their rememberd but cant come back? Can the corpses be eaten? Can they be reanimated in the legions of the undead? Can there be rivaling clans? Will there be...love? What kind of resources are available?

So many questions...but only a FEW are serious! Feel free to answer any worth answering or none at all
Its allll good here

Love the idea by the way

More or less, the answer to all of those is yes.

For the conditional ones, if a nation is destroyed their people are conquered or slaughtered wholesale, depending on what the ruler of the conquering country wants to do. Generally if a nation proceeds with genocide, of course, other nations will step in and the nation under invasion may get to rebuild from the tattered remains. In the event of a completely defeated nation, the players will become free agents and may attempt to join other nations if desired. They may also retain their RP character if applicable, including all of their personal possessions (magic items and other funstuffs) and their rank (which will be a determinant for basic personal power and the amount of troops they can command, more on that when combat is codified).

But yeah, to the rest of that: yes.

Advent VII
10-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Username: Advent VII

Why you want to be a co-coordinator: It will be an excelent way for me to streach my creative muscles, so to speak. In addition, I have never participated in a rp behind the scenes, so it would be a great experiance, as well as getting some experiance for creating an rp myself, should i ever feel the need to.

Why you think you're good for the job: I'm very imaginitive (to a fualt somtimes, teachers dont take kindly to you day dreaming through half of their lecture), and I'm a very dedicated person, putting things i need to do higher on the list then what i would like to do. In otehr words, i won't miss deadlines, suddenly disapeer or neglect my duteys.

What you intend to bring to Eizon: Unsupreasable creativity, dedication and a smile, :D lol

Dynast-Kid
10-15-2007, 04:37 PM
OMG, I am sooooo interested! This is like, the most original idea ever! I do, actually, spend times thinking about my own fantasy countries and worlds. It's very fun stuff! Coutn me in, Void! I don't want to be a coordinator, but I can contribute if you guys need any extra help creativity-wise.

I want my own country! xD

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Well, since we only had 4 applications, I'm just going to accept all of you as co-coordinators. I want to arrange a meeting with all of the co-coordinators, please PM me if you have either AIM or MSN. Failing that, we can always meet in chat or just do mass emails.

escobert
10-15-2007, 05:57 PM
hey, that'd be nice to have a room in chat for Eizon.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-15-2007, 06:17 PM
hey, that'd be nice to have a room in chat for Eizon.

I agree. It sounds like something I need to make BoB do (he's doing the maps and is also helping with co-coordinator stuff).

escobert
10-16-2007, 01:27 AM
I set up #Eizon earlier when I was bored :p

Tasura
10-16-2007, 07:42 AM
That just means I have to bother opening mIRC again -/

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Typhoon's requested being taken off the co-coordinator list due to schedule, so it's just the three others, BoB and myself. Once BoB has a working map up, we should be able to begin, I'm working on the rules and such.

All co-coordinators, please PM me your applicable messenger handles (AIM or MSN), I want to set up some meetings to discuss things.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Update (yes I know this is a double-post. Deal with it):

BoB should have us our map on Saturday, after which we can get this thing started. If BoB fails to have us a map by the end of Saturday, I suggest everyone who wants to play spam his PM box until he finishes it, as apparently one needs to bug him to do things in order for them to do.

And BoB called down the thunder. So now he can reap the whirlwind.

Christmas
03-14-2023, 12:19 PM
BoB, fucking hell, it is you again. Where is the update? U ruined everything with your excessive wanking!

Loony BoB
03-14-2023, 01:46 PM
There are actually subforums created for each iteration of Eizon

2005: http://home.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php/61-World-of-EoFF-(Eizon)
2007-08: http://home.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php/95-Eizon-Rebirth
2009: http://home.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php/125-Eizon-Rediscovery

Looks like this thread turned into the 2007-08 iteration. Can't say I was responsible for the maps of that iteration in the end.