PDA

View Full Version : MapleStory!

Momiji
10-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Does anyone here play MapleStory? I just started. Sure, it's not as in- depth and detailed as other MMORPGs, but it's fun nevertheless. I like the fact that it's straightforward and lacks the overall complexity of Ragnarok Online (MapleStory less skills, less classes, no broken classes for that matter). That, and it's a sidescroller (I love those. ;) )

Does anyone wanna try it? You can download and register here! (http://maplestory.nexon.net/) Or if you already play, what's your main character's name? (note: I think we should make an EoFF guild!)

I'm on the Windia server, name xRaineStormx, usually on channel 2.

Note: Wow, all of that sounds really n00bish. But yeah, I enjoy it and I'm new to it, so whatever.

Jojee
10-08-2007, 07:46 PM
I made a thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/108396-maple-story-d.html) about this like two months ago when I was playing! ^_^

I only played for a couple weeks total and then I got bored of it and quit, though. xD If I had more time I'd do it again, it's not so bad of a game and it's sooo cute. :3

I have a character... lvl 25 archer or something ^_^ on the Bellocan server.

I like RO better, though ;) Maple Story has way too many 13 year olds that are like "hai i nid gurlfriend wan b gurlfriend? n__n"

Momiji
10-08-2007, 07:55 PM
You get the annoying kids wherever you go, unfortunately. I love RO as well, but on all of the servers I've played on, the classes have always been horribly broken (*coughAssassinCrossandChampionscough*) and never gave the players who liked the other classes a chance. That, and RO stats are disastrous if you screw them up.

Jojee
10-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I like that about RO, lots and lots of pre-planning ^_^ A lot of it is about strategy and stats do end up mattering a lot. Maple Story stats are so simple, anyone can make a good character with a lot of grinding. It's not necessarily a bad thing and I do like the game but with RO when you make an uber character, you can make it better than anyone else's. :</>D Average age in RO is also like 16-18, I think, whereas in Maple Story it's like 11-14. XD I agree that some classes are a bit overpowered though... I've always loooved SinX because they're just so good. :3 Still, every class has their upsides too!

Maybe I'll drop into Maple Story sometime :</>D You should play on Bellocan~ everyone should, it's the best server. ^_^

Markus. D
10-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Does anyone here play MapleStory? I just started. Sure, it's not as in- depth and detailed as other MMORPGs, but it's fun nevertheless. I like the fact that it's straightforward and lacks the overall complexity of Ragnarok Online (MapleStory less skills, less classes, no broken classes for that matter). That, and it's a sidescroller (I love those. ;) )

It may lack the amazing-ness of RO.
But it definetly is in-depth ;] than most other MMORPGs today.
I played it for about a year (Can't play anymore because Vista is *thwacks* :[), it's kewl.

As for broken classes, it so definetly does.
Namely the Assassin types, ME Bandit, Sniper and Priest ^^
edit: and early on, The Magician Classes > All the others.

grahk
10-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Once I hit level 15, I got bored and quit. It's an annoying game and I got sick of walking into a town only to see:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@SELLING IRON BARS@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Markus. D
10-09-2007, 12:20 AM
You missed out on alot grahk :3... Level 30 is when you can start going everywhere ^-^

Tasura
10-09-2007, 12:25 AM
The grind is horrible.

There's even a Maple Story anime now.

Leen-Leen
10-09-2007, 01:47 AM
I go off and on, but I'm in Scania. xD

Also, the anime was already released? I only heard about it, but it was still in the planning stages, or something like that. I do wonder how that anime's going to turn out to be like. o.o

Rostum
10-09-2007, 03:03 AM
No thanks, this game is horrible.

StarlightAngel
10-09-2007, 03:09 AM
I liked it alright, but leveling was a real pain. It takes forever once you hit about level 15 =/

I used to play that and RO, though, 'til my computer decided that it hates all MMORPGs.

Momiji
10-09-2007, 05:54 AM
I liked it alright, but leveling was a real pain. It takes forever once you hit about level 15 =/

I used to play that and RO, though, 'til my computer decided that it hates all MMORPGs.

Ack-- I'm only lv.13 right now. Something tells me I'm going to dislike this game very soon, cuteness and sidescrolliness aside.

escobert
10-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Guild Wars ftw :p
I've yet to play Maple story. I kinda wanna try it. But I can't be arsed.
OK so i got arsed and am dling it right now.

Rostum
10-09-2007, 07:22 AM

Ftl. :mad2:

escobert
10-09-2007, 07:30 AM

Ftl. :mad2:
I just don't see it :( I couldn't get into any other MMO. but guild wars holds me there. Maybe because I don't have to kill rabbits for 45 hours to be able to have fun :p

Markus. D
10-09-2007, 08:01 AM
As for guilds, it will take alot of lowbie monster farming (or... well, saving...).

I don't know how people manage to farm and still be able to purchase potions for grinding >_<]

edit: GW Ftw Omecle, if you bothered to get into it any more than you did ;]... which you did not. :3

Rostum
10-09-2007, 09:10 AM
As for guilds, it will take alot of lowbie monster farming (or... well, saving...).

I don't know how people manage to farm and still be able to purchase potions for grinding >_<]

edit: GW Ftw Omecle, if you bothered to get into it any more than you did ;]... which you did not. :3

I would but I cbf buying the expansions. :p

Tasura
10-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Also, the anime was already released? I only heard about it, but it was still in the planning stages, or something like that. I do wonder how that anime's going to turn out to be like. o.o

Yea, the raw of the first ep was released the other day.

Momiji
10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Holy thread derailment, Batman!

Can you please take the GW chat into a different thread, please? o_o

escobert
10-10-2007, 02:43 AM
Ok, so I played until level six than shotmyself. Why the hell did I waste the time and energy to download that nonsense.

Xaven
10-10-2007, 03:12 AM
Scania for the win.

Yawn.

Rostum
10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Ok, so I played until level six than shotmyself. Why the hell did I waste the time and energy to download that nonsense.

My exact experience. :D

Markus. D
10-10-2007, 10:35 AM

I would but I cbf buying the expansions. :p

There are 3 standalones and 1 expansion :3

Momiji
10-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Okay, so I don't think it's as bad as you're all saying. I'm almost lv. 19 (would be higher, just haven't had a lot of time to play over the weekend), and I'm still not tired of it. Either I'm stubborn or you're all exaggerating. ;)

Dynast-Kid
10-15-2007, 08:47 PM
I used to play over the summer. It was fun, except for those stupid snails. A really good game for those who don't wish to spend moolah on other MMOs.

But now I play Guild Wars, and honestly couldn't imagine going back to MapleStory.

escobert
10-16-2007, 02:11 AM
Okay, so I don't think it's as bad as you're all saying. I'm almost lv. 19 (would be higher, just haven't had a lot of time to play over the weekend), and I'm still not tired of it. Either I'm stubborn or you're all exaggerating. ;)

Or you just haven't played any good MMOs? :p

JackNapier
10-16-2007, 02:17 AM
I used to play it awhile back, but it got old pretty fast.

Mirage
10-16-2007, 05:21 AM
I much prefer RO.
RO classes are for the most part only broken on servers that have a lot of twinked items, or higher stat caps than 99.

abrojtm
10-16-2007, 05:53 AM
Trickster Online (Official Global Trickster - Free To Play (http://www.tricksteronline.com)) is just as free and a lot more in-depth and more fun, although more incomplete at higher levels.

Jojee
10-16-2007, 06:25 AM
Nooo, boo to Trickster. I tried and got past the part where I was supposed to drill stuff in the beginning tutorial... Argh *falls over and dies*

Araciel
10-16-2007, 06:42 AM
i will fear no evil

or maple story.

Jess
10-16-2007, 05:49 PM
I might have played it once. I never felt the need to go back, though.