PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars: Eye of the North is freaking beautiful!

escobert
10-09-2007, 06:51 PM
seriously this is so pretty!
Arenanet out did themselves this time around imo. :p

Heath
10-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Not too shabby at all. Nice to see that fairly recently MMORPGs have improved considerably in their graphics because sometimes it's a bit of a pity that they can look plain ugly at times.

Markus. D
10-09-2007, 07:32 PM
There are THAT many landmarks, there is SO much detail everywhere.

<3

I'd also check out the lake near Sifhalla if you have the chance (You'll go by there to kill a notorious monster anyways in the Norn-ish quests :])... Look down into it D:!

escobert
10-10-2007, 02:40 AM
Yeah! I guess there's several dragons hidden "sleeping" across the lands.

I Took the Red Pill
10-10-2007, 03:30 AM
Ah c'mon Bert, a suave fellow such as yourself shouldn't ever rack up Death Penalty. :(

escobert
10-10-2007, 03:45 AM
when there's a mob of monsters that average 4-8 levels higher than you it can get tough sometimes :p

I Took the Red Pill
10-10-2007, 03:46 AM
Alright, just don't let it happen again. :-)

escobert
10-10-2007, 03:49 AM
I try not, and the first one I had no insignias or runes on my armor at that time so that hurt a little. And that build was so so compared to my new flashing blades build.

Vincent, Thunder God
10-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Personally I think Oblivion and most other modern games are better graphically - but if you're talking MMORPG's only, then I can't comment.

Still, I'll wager Oblivion is as large or close, because any TES usually is at least 10 times the size of most single player games at the time of release.

escobert
10-10-2007, 04:55 AM
Guild wars is HUGE. 3 continents the first was just nearly doubled with GW:EN. not including the underworld and such. Lots to see and go in this game.

Proxy
10-10-2007, 05:14 AM
Holy :skull::skull::skull::skull:.
I'm impressed.

escobert
10-10-2007, 05:23 AM
This is also on my craptastic laptop.

Vincent, Thunder God
10-10-2007, 05:34 AM
Guild wars is HUGE. 3 continents the first was just nearly doubled with GW:EN. not including the underworld and such. Lots to see and go in this game.

This is also on my craptastic laptop.

Well I suppose in light of those things, that's pretty damn good!

According to a Microsoft press release, Oblivion's game world is approximately 16 square miles (41 kmē) in size.

I wonder what the size of this world is. Then we'd have a good comparison. :)

escobert
10-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Yeah, I want to see if I can find the size of GW.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/f/fc/Tyria-world.jpg
is the world without the newest exspansion.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/2/25/Gwensmallje9.jpg/532px-Gwensmallje9.jpg
is the first games area with GW:EN added

Markus. D
10-10-2007, 06:59 AM
... oh, and the henchies are so bored now they can be seen conversing >_<!

Ps - Cynn: You Spoony Bard!

psps: Screenies and videos all look so awkward on this PC, hope they look alright on yours :3... I have a high-end PC, so playing GWEN is a treat <3 (and does not error like it did on my old PC >_>).

escobert
10-10-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm ordering my Mobo tomorrow so I should have my wonderful desktop up in a week or so ^_^

Rostum
10-18-2007, 01:23 AM
Looks like typical over-bloom-effect GW to me. :p I'm sorry Bert, by today's standard, GW doesn't have that great graphics. And by last generation's standards, it had poor art direction.

Of course, this is all my opinion, but you know. :p

But it's OK Bert, 'cause I love you.

escobert
10-18-2007, 03:28 AM
I'm sorry but I can't dissagree with you more :( I think it is by far the best looking MMO or atleast the best I've every played. I think the art is amazing and everything is so damn pretty.

Rostum
10-18-2007, 05:13 AM
I'm sorry but I can't dissagree with you more :( I think it is by far the best looking MMO or atleast the best I've every played. I think the art is amazing and everything is so damn pretty.

Your opinion is wrong. :D

I'm just messing with you, it's not too bad when compared to other MMORPG's of its time. Though, the newer ones coming out look a lot more beautiful than Guild Wars, and they don't over do the bloom effect (I think in the future it will go down as being the most cheesy effect).

escobert
10-18-2007, 05:23 AM
Do you mean like the lighting? I love the light effects of GW. I thinks that's what makes it so pretty.

Markus. D
10-18-2007, 07:25 AM
Don't listen to Omecle xD...

... Prophecies was very steriotypical when it came to art-style >_>...

Rostum
10-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Seriously. I am just bitter that I don't want to buy all those expansions and have no one to play with. :D

escobert
10-18-2007, 04:30 PM
You can play with me! and now you can freely switch servers :p

Markus. D
10-18-2007, 08:52 PM

Seriously. I am just bitter that I don't want to buy all those expansions and have no one to play with. :D

Yup, the game is constantly changing Ome, it's up to you to re-join.

But we both (I hope) give a 4-5 star out of 5 reccomendation of you coming back.

escobert
10-18-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm always playing and I can help you with most anything. I can hook you up with some weapons and help get outta ascalon quick.

MindSpike
10-19-2007, 12:01 AM
so i just got GW eye of the north i.ve been playing a little but not so much it seems to be a pretty good game so far :D

just wandering if someone would be willing to help me im playing the first GW to be rellesed (the one with the siedge) so if anybody would be so kind to help a newbye out my name is gau the wild (if thats possibly havet made it yet) i.ve played a little at a freinds house so i know the basic :D

escobert
10-19-2007, 01:22 AM
wait, what standalone do you have? GW:EN is an exspansion.

Rostum
10-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Maybe when I get the money. I just spent over $500 on books for university. :(

Markus. D
10-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Yay ^^

I look forward to playing Factions/Nightfall with yee~

Markus. D
10-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Maybe he got the Platinum Edition?

I can help you out~ as I've been to pretty much every non-NF/GW:EN area (I'm working on that though :p...).

You can even join the guild I'm one of the officers of (Actually, I insist >_<! I wanna win the competition that the leader has going on at the moment!).

Rostum
10-19-2007, 07:19 AM
I just looked up the prices on the three expansions (I only have the original). They are $80AUD each!!! Omg, so expensive...

Markus. D
10-19-2007, 07:29 AM
They reason that they are like that is because two of them are standalones, The expansion you can get for about 60AUD? (50 even :3!)

But you will want at least Factions or NF before it, way to much content to miss out on. (Like in factions, you pretty much get a PvPer's dreamboat of stuff to add to the PvP areas, sorta..., along with an up to standard storyline like NF) (NF Has the in-depth Hero system... and well... a bunch of other goodies ;])

MindSpike
10-19-2007, 09:56 AM
uhm i dont know what its called but its the one with the chars:D and i would happyly join your guild im only lvl 2 at the moment since i got it pretty late yesterday....
oh yes i have the plantium edition

Rostum
10-19-2007, 11:45 AM
They reason that they are like that is because two of them are standalones, The expansion you can get for about 60AUD? (50 even :3!)

But you will want at least Factions or NF before it, way to much content to miss out on. (Like in factions, you pretty much get a PvPer's dreamboat of stuff to add to the PvP areas, sorta..., along with an up to standard storyline like NF) (NF Has the in-depth Hero system... and well... a bunch of other goodies ;])

Wait, so the expansion versions cost less as long as I have the original?

Markus. D
10-19-2007, 01:45 PM
The expansion is an expansion n_n~

The Standalones are:

Prophecies - One you have.
Factions (http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Factions) - Oriental atmosphere.
Nightfall (http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Nightfall) - North-African atmosphere.

The expansion costs less because it isn't as big as the others (well, if we exclude the dungeon content...), and that it really only adds High-end advanced anythings, for people who own any/multiple standalones.

Once you are level 20 you can take a quest from Location: x, and be on yahr way~~

PS: Might not want to read to far into those articles if you can be bothered...

escobert
10-24-2007, 07:54 AM
On a side note I started a new guild today.

Markus. D
10-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Could you please join Protectors of the Mist (Even temporary~~~).

I'd like you to out-class our Leader Abree.

xD.

Abree is like... Chuck Norris of GW.

edit: lol. That took a bit.