PDA

View Full Version : Personal Space

Rye
10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Yesterday, when I went shopping, a random Swedish lady came up to me and started putting random belts through the belt loops in my jeans, saying that she wanted to see how they look on me, to figure out which ones were best. Without even asking, she started to shop with me for a good 10 minutes. It was possibly one of the most awkward moments in my entire life.

Oh me, oh my, I like personal space. If I were to kiss it, it'd taste like a gentle berry breeze. That's why I don't like random swedes grabbing me so they can put belts on my body. :kaodizzy:

Momiji
10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
...weird.

For me, unless it's a close friend, I don't like it when people are closer than arm's length from me. I'm just uncomfortable otherwise.

Quindiana Jones
10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
If I were to kiss it, it'd taste like a gentle berry breeze.

Riiiiiiight......

It depends who's invading me.

Old Manus
10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't know about you, but if a swedish lady started invading my personal space, I'd book a hotel room.

Rye
10-09-2007, 08:12 PM

Riiiiiiight......

Don't knock it until you've tried it, q...q.... qq... QQuin~ :love:

And I would, Moldy Butt, but I'm happily married to Severus Snape, and I'm just not the cheating type, hun~

Madame Adequate
10-09-2007, 08:13 PM

Riiiiiiight......

You are Poland, I am the Third Reich! :D

Depeneds on who it is with me too. If it's someone I like, I have little problem with them being close to me. If I don't like them, I have a problem with it.

Jess
10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Depeneds on who it is with me too. If it's someone I like, I have little problem with them being close to me. If I don't like them, I have a problem with it.
Exactly. :jess:

Quindiana Jones
10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Don't knock it until you've tried it, q...q.... qq... QQuin~ :love:

And I would, Moldy Butt, but I'm happily married to Severus Snape, and I'm just not the cheating type, hun~

Hush your stutter-butter.

And please, you practically just asked me to kiss your special place.

And MILF, I hope you don't send your army. ...........................That sounded a lot dirtier in my head.

Heath
10-09-2007, 08:35 PM
If it's somewhere I know and generally get along with then I don't have a problem with it. After all, there are numerous situations when people do get close to us in everyday life.

If it's someone I've never met or who I don't particularly like, then it'll irritate me a bit but unless they're being actively annoying I don't tend to say anything. If I were in the situation like Rye described in the first post, I probably would complain.

KoShiatar
10-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Had that happened to me, I would have been really scared of the lady.

edczxcvbnm
10-09-2007, 08:59 PM
If that happened to me I would have told her to stop. If she didn't then it would escalate till she died of a heart attack XD...maybe not that bad but she would learn to fear me XD

NeoCracker
10-09-2007, 11:42 PM
My Aunt hugged me one time.

I'd be happier if it was a Random Drunk I'd never met.

Hambone
10-09-2007, 11:46 PM
I really don't have a problem is really close to me. I'm around kids my age everyday. Everyone ends up brushing up against each other and some kids grab each other. Sure, I find it awkward when someone like that Sweedish lady does something like that, but I laugh about it later and am generally fine with it.

Rengori
10-10-2007, 12:00 AM
For some reason random Asian kids at school who I've never even met before in my life like to touch my hair. It's really annoying and awkward.

Then there's this one kid who was in one of my classes last year but I barely talked to who now thinks we're best friends and always touches my shoulder. And I think he tried to touch my ass the other. O_O

41-Inches-Wide
10-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Well, I would ask nicely if she could buy me a belt of my own choice. If she won't I'll start screaming 'harrassment'.

oddler
10-10-2007, 12:06 AM
I really don't care as long as it's someone I know, I guess.

Jojee
10-10-2007, 01:39 AM
For some reason random Asian kids at school who I've never even met before in my life like to touch my hair. It's really annoying and awkward. LOL
Yeah, stupid Asian kids and their touching people with funky hair habit!
(I used to be that kid :p ooo fuzzy hair)

Haha Rye, that would be really awkward, yeah XD It's like... stay away from my pants woman D: Unless she was hot ;)

I actually greatly appreciate my personal space with most people though. xD I think this is how I work... I've gotten better and I don't mind being close to people as long as I know that it's purely as just friends, I give people like piggy back rides all the time and crazy stuff. xD When I start to think it starts to cross the line of just friends it gets really awkward. :E And I still rarely initiate hugs with people, usually only do when I feel like I'm supposed to. Or I'm drunk ;) With a significant other though different story :</>D I like being close and <3. But it does take me a while to warm up too ^_^

Rye
10-10-2007, 01:41 AM
For some reason random Asian kids at school who I've never even met before in my life like to touch my hair. It's really annoying and awkward. LOL
Yeah, stupid Asian kids and their touching people with funky hair habit!
(I used to be that kid :p ooo fuzzy hair)

Haha Rye, that would be really awkward, yeah XD It's like... stay away from my pants woman D: Unless she was hot ;)

I actually greatly appreciate my personal space with most people though. xD I think this is how I work... I've gotten better and I don't mind being close to people as long as I know that it's purely as just friends, I give people like piggy back rides all the time and crazy stuff. xD When I start to think it starts to cross the line of just friends it gets really awkward. :E And I still rarely initiate hugs with people, usually only do when I feel like I'm supposed to. With a significant other though different story :</>D I like being close and <3. But it does take me a while to warm up too ^_^

She wasn't. She was like, in her 40s. D:

NeoCracker
10-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Actually, i almost wish more people would invade my personal Space.

Then I would feel so alone.

Araciel
10-10-2007, 01:58 AM
I let anyone and everyone touch me however they like.

I'm popular.

Shlup
10-10-2007, 05:22 AM
Yesterday, when I went shopping, a random Swedish lady came up to me and started putting random belts through the belt loops in my jeans, saying that she wanted to see how they look on me, to figure out which ones were best. Without even asking, she started to shop with me for a good 10 minutes. It was possibly one of the most awkward moments in my entire life.

Oh me, oh my, I like personal space. If I were to kiss it, it'd taste like a gentle berry breeze. That's why I don't like random swedes grabbing me so they can put belts on my body. :kaodizzy:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Vincent, Thunder God
10-10-2007, 05:24 AM
Speaking of which, Shlup has invaded my personal space many times through Private Messages. Luckily I started to return the sentiment.

Shlup
10-10-2007, 05:37 AM
You started it! And I'm telling on you!

Vincent, Thunder God
10-10-2007, 05:40 AM
You started it! And I'm telling on you!

Please do.

I want you to prove to me that, by warning me, you're all biased and then my point will have been proved. :p

Shoeberto
10-10-2007, 05:43 AM
I find I'm more comfortable the less personal space I have. With dudes.

Resha
10-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Jesus yeah. Sometimes people think it's cute to come and put their head on your shoulder and rest it, or on your lap -- I fucking HATE IT :frust: hate hate hate. especially when you're in a car or something and they're "awww I'm cute I'm cute and I'm tiiiired ^____^ can I rest my heeead on your laaaap???? ^___^" and then they put their ROUND SKULL on your THIGH AND IT'S AWFUL.

I just can't stand that rolly feeling on my femur. I just can't handle it.

NeoCracker
10-10-2007, 09:20 AM
But resha, you're just so adorable. How can they not rest their heads on you?

Deborah
10-10-2007, 10:25 AM
People always come up really close to me at work to ask me questions! Really close to my face too! I HATE IT! :mad2: I wish they would stop, So awkward!

Breine
10-10-2007, 11:06 AM
There you have it, swedes are nuts :P

Rostum
10-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Jesus yeah. Sometimes people think it's cute to come and put their head on your shoulder and rest it, or on your lap -- I smurfing HATE IT :frust: hate hate hate. especially when you're in a car or something and they're "awww I'm cute I'm cute and I'm tiiiired ^____^ can I rest my heeead on your laaaap???? ^___^" and then they put their ROUND SKULL on your THIGH AND IT'S AWFUL.

I just can't stand that rolly feeling on my femur. I just can't handle it.

Hey now, don't go bagging such an awesome strategy to smell someone else's crotch.

Madame Adequate
10-10-2007, 11:13 AM
For some reason random Asian kids at school who I've never even met before in my life like to touch my hair. It's really annoying and awkward.

There is a reason for this. I would like to touch your hair as well.

Loony BoB
10-10-2007, 11:26 AM
What the crap, Rye. I would have slapped their hand away pretty quick and told them to bugger off.

EDIT: Unless they were really hot.

bipper
10-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Ever since Quin I just feel like my "space" is no longer personal. :(

BardTard
10-10-2007, 05:53 PM
My mom and I think her boyfriend's daughter stole our neighbor's pumpkin, and when we went over there to ask if they were missing any pumpkins the guy was like right up on me, and then I moved and he got closer to me. I'm like dude I don't know you please back off!

And that's quite an interesting story. That would really creep me out. I like personal space, but there's a few people allowed to pop that bubble.

fire_of_avalon
10-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm kind of nuts about my personal space. There are certain times when everyone should stay as far away from me as possible, including family and Matt. Then there are times when I hug everybody.

Quindiana Jones
10-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Ever since Quin I just feel like my "space" is no longer personal. :(

Dunno about less personal, but it's certainly stickier.

Miriel
10-10-2007, 09:01 PM
No touching! NO TOUCHING!

I really really hate when people I don't know get all up in my grill. Arms length distance por favor. This is why I hate being in crowded elevators or buses, or whatever. I don't like people I don't know touching me.

You can imagine how I reacted when I accidently got swept up into a mosh pit once. I thought I was about to die.

Iceglow
10-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Personal space....I get it invaded regulary it sucks but I don't make a big deal out of it I just have rules about invading the personal space...unless welcomed to do so no invaders in my groinal/ass region...this however falls apart when I am doing a sponsored silence at work then my ass gets pinched slapped all in an effort to make me speak. They fail.