PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Endings?

Hayabusa
10-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Is it true that there are different endings for who is left standing alive or dead in your party. And if so how many combinations. I beat it the other day. It was a pretty cool game. I gave up on Shinryu cuz I couldn't get the lances and plus I only had 2 coral rings...so maybe next time. I did stop OMEGA though. IN my opinion he was destroyed when the N-zone closed in on itself. There. I win.

It wasn't as amazing and cool as I thought it would have been, but I think that's because I drug it out for like a year and a half, maybe 2? But it was really good for gameplay and replay-ability with the awesome job system, story just is not very enticing. I've started FFIV and I'm much more interested and driven in by the story.

Captain Maxx Power
10-10-2007, 02:03 AM
It's basically the same ending, with the prologue changed slightly. If Inferior-Galuf-Replace is dead then Bartz will send the letter instead. Any characters not alive will be resurrected at the end.

abrojtm
10-10-2007, 06:40 PM
The ending varies slightly depending on who is alive. Some of the dialogue is interesting if only one character is alive here and there.

I guess there are a total of like 15 variations?

Hayabusa
10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
ah, so I guess it doesn't REALLY matter. And I assume Krile was the inteded original letter sender

Agent0042
12-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Krile is the original letter-sender. If you have characters that are dead when the final battle ends, then there's a pecking order. I once considered doing a guide to the various endings, but gave up on the idea. Suffice it to say, it makes for a rather sad-feeling ending if you end it with characters dead, though it all works out in the end.

Blue Harvest
03-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I wasn't aware of the ending changes. I may have to play through again and deliberately kill Krile in the final battle :p