PDA

View Full Version : Stuck

Ouch!
10-10-2007, 01:36 PM
So yeah, this is gonna sound really silly, but I've never had this much difficulty with this before.

On my laptop, the j key (and only that key) is stuck and requires an excessive amount of force to be applied to it for it to work. Normally, I'd assume there's a crumb or something stuck under there, but there's not enough space between the keys for anything large enough to get stuck under there. What should I do to repair it without completely messing up my keyboard?

o_O
10-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Can you pry the key off to check underneath it? If it's not something below the key, you might have to send it away for a keyboard replacement. Some manufacturers cover keyboard faults under warranty.

Ouch!
10-10-2007, 01:57 PM
See this is odd. The key was working just fine when I was writing an essay last night, and when I wake up, it's stopped working. After econ class, I close the computer and then when I open it again, everything is fine again. It's really kind of weirding me out. Anyway, things seem to be fine now, although I really have no idea what happened.

blackmage_nuke
10-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Maybe there was a bug in there and you squished it out

Baloki
10-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Sounds stupid but try bashing it really hard first, the key might have just come loose :O Else do as Face suggested is my best advice :p

Rostum
10-10-2007, 02:52 PM
It's because it's a Mac.

rubah
10-10-2007, 03:52 PM
^
my macbook pro has had a sticky 1 key for a few weeks now.

Discord
10-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Unless it's a coffee-proof keyboard, like mine (Thanks Toshiba!), you could try Scottish folk-dancing with it. Usually helps after a couple of rounds.

Peegee
10-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Stop surfing for pr0n?

Seriously, are you able to remove and reattach the key after you clean out the area (just to be safe)?

Failing everything, I am reminded of a thread in another forum. Apparently scrabble pieces are good replacement for keyboard keys:

http://camura.com/thumbs/o/50435.jpg

Baloki
10-11-2007, 10:13 PM
It's a Mac? Oh that's a different story, run back to daddy Jobs with your little Macintosh in his little Apple store with it's shiney white things nailed to the walls and get him to fix your ickle little Maccy-wacky for yous. :p

But yeah, take it to an Apple shop and they have to fix it for you?

Rostum
10-12-2007, 06:23 AM
But yeah, take it to an Apple shop and they have to fix it for you?

I like your more detailed response. :)