PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Stadium Baseball for the Wii(click link for pics)

Crossblades
10-10-2007, 10:34 PM
I was very addicted to the GC version. I hope this one is just as good, if not, better =)

IGN: Mario Plays Baseball on Wii (http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826129p1.html)

Mario has just had his go at soccer in Mario Strikers Charged, and now he's apparently ready to change sports. According to Japan's Ge-maga gaming site, Mario and crew will be returning to baseball for Super Mario Stadium Baseball on the Wii.

Details are scarce at this point. The announcement came as part of a set of short trailers at a press conference Nintendo is holding in Japan today for the Japanese press. According to the site, the trailer included brief clips of Wii Music, Mario Kart, Famicom Wars Wii, and the new baseball title.

We'll have more from the conference, and hopefully Super Mario Stadium Baseball, shortly.

White Raven
10-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Awesomeness! I loved Super Mario Baseball too! I only wished that they had done a bit more to be like MLB like designated hitters and have actual seasons instead of running all over the board and what not. Strikers got a huge improvement over the GC version, we can only hope for the same for this one!

:)

JKTrix
10-12-2007, 04:09 PM
If you like baseball, MLB Power Pros (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLB_Power_Pros) recently came out for the Wii. It's from Konami's super-popular-in-japan Power Pro baseball series. Despite its kiddy look it's apparently an incredibly deep game. If you're worried about the motion control stuff, this game never uses it in the main game. It's all buttons.

I think this is way closer to 'realistic' MLB games rather than Mario's traditional mutation of sports games (as much as I love 'em).

ljkkjlcm9
10-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I'd rather they make Mario Tennis for the Wii already!

THE JACKEL

Crossblades
10-12-2007, 07:11 PM
If you like baseball, MLB Power Pros (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLB_Power_Pros) recently came out for the Wii. It's from Konami's super-popular-in-japan Power Pro baseball series. Despite its kiddy look it's apparently an incredibly deep game. If you're worried about the motion control stuff, this game never uses it in the main game. It's all buttons.

I think this is way closer to 'realistic' MLB games rather than Mario's traditional mutation of sports games (as much as I love 'em).

Ya, I was thinking about getting this. But I'm kinda skeptical about it, because of the fact it doesn't use much motion control

Rostum
10-14-2007, 01:03 AM
To be honest with you, I think that baseball is so boring that not even Mario could make it interesting. Now Mario tennis, that'd be awesome.

Or... MARIO CRICKET! OMG, YES!

Note: Being serious.

Captain Maxx Power
10-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Alright, another series of mini-games in a low brow, family-orientated format! And I was getting worried those were drying up on the Wii!

Monol
10-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Mario Baseball wasnt that great for GC...Actually I would concede that its one of the worst Mario games ever created.

Im not very excited for this (if its anything like the new strikers...) but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Markus. D
10-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Mario Lacrosse~