PDA

View Full Version : Gau IS the best character

Avarice-ness
10-11-2007, 04:53 AM
As of 10:46pm on Oct 10th 2007, I have the proof that Gau is the best character!

He single handedly took out Katana Soul. Brawler rage, used stone on K.S. and K.S. used death on himself.

Basically I was folding clothes and my bf was playing, He asks HP and I tell him and he's all "Grr" because he wanted to keep leveling, I look up 'cause I hear Gau's rage sound, see him throw a rock and Katana Soul get confused and am like "Yay" then see Katana Soul use death and I;m like "Omgwtf, he can't kill himself like that?" and then it was all "BOSS DEATH SOUND" "WTF HE JUST KILLED HIMSELF" "EASIEST NON-PHOENIX DOWN BATTLE EVER!"

So as normal FFVI topic, Who do you think is the best character and WHAT HAVE THEY DONE IN GAME, to make you think that!?

qwertysaur
10-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Kefka. Seriously out of the playable characters Strago. Mighty Guard and White Wind is wonderful.

But Kefka is the best character in FFVI. The power of Light of Judgment and the insanity to use it and a great evil laugh = win.

Siegfried
10-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Mog: While fighting the Kaiser Dragon, I had Mog, lvl 99 Edgar, and like Sabin and idk, Terra, i think...(All with great Magic and a few economizers and such)
Anyways, Kaiser did a sick combo (Last Angel + Ultima) late in the fight, killing all four of my guys, reraising both Mog and Edgar...
I get one move to act and get a little health back, but BAM, Edgar is on the floor again and Mog takes like 3 hits for 3 dmg...left with like 232 hp...
So now I am thinking...well fuck how do i recover from this...after a couple recovery attempts, I get knocked down, left with only Mog still (He has boots and horn btw). Then the random status effect move comes adn beserks Mog...
I am thinking, "well great, there went about 15 minutes of my time" Mog then all of sudden jumps...he jumps OUT OF THE WAY OF A LAST ANGEL AND A REVENGE...falls about 3 times...then the boss slowly fades into oblivion...

Long story short: I <3 Mog!

P.S. same thing pretty much happened when doing the soul shrine but with a little more prep

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-11-2007, 06:30 AM
I have a certain fondness for Gogo and his ability to provide versatile back up to just about any team under the sun. Even though his stats are sub-par, he's still dishing out enough damage and I'm a sucker for a versatile character.

NeoCracker
10-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Sabin, because I would go gay for him.

And He uses an attack called Bum Rush. Can't beat that.

theundeadhero
10-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm also going with Gogo. Giving him tools so he can use the chainsaw, Blitz so he can use Bum Rush, and steal so he can mug on regular attacks makes him awesome.

The Ceej
10-11-2007, 05:16 PM
If your answer is anything but Gogo, you're overlooking that Gogo can do whatever your answer is and more.

People say his stats are lower than everyone else's, but I hadn't noticed the whole game, so they're not low enough to be important.

10-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm amazed one person said gogo, let alone this many. I was impressed with him until I realized that his bum rush does way less damage than sabin's. Then I saw his stats.

I'd go with Relm. Highest natural magic stats. With the abusability of magic thanks to certain relics, Relm could walk through the game by herself, unscathed, leaving nothing but a scorched earth and the dental records of her enemies. Last play-through I did, Relm was pretty much a one-person party. Compared to her, everyone else was a meatshield.

Then there's mog who I would hate except for two things. 1-- Moogle charm, and 2-- spear/dragon boots. There's nothing like getting a break from the incessant random battles. And seeing 9999 against an undead boss after jumping him with a holy lance is pretty sweet. I had no idea he could be that powerful, but I instantly forgave him for his awful dancing when I saw that for the first time.

But pretty much anyone can be an unfair character if you give them the right relics.

Captain Maxx Power
10-11-2007, 11:19 PM
My party is made of awesome; Sabin, Wind God Cyan, Gau and Strago. :cool: Every other party member has full Imp gear and are Imp'ed.

Xurts
10-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Sabin and Terra. Sabin has Blitz and Terra has Economizer + Gem Box for 4 Ultimas per turn. Relm also gets a honorable mention, but since I didn't equip her with the same relics as Terra she isn't a favorite.

I didn't care much for Gau. Rages are a pain to learn and I don't like losing control of my characters.

blackmage_nuke
10-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Setzer because im too lazy to level people up to the point where they do alot of attack damage and fixed dice are just win.

And Shadow because i had him throwing all my best weapons and stuff at the final bosses when i wouldnt need them any more.

ReloadPsi
10-14-2007, 03:34 PM
After reading that, I have to agree with your notion on Gau. I've had him do crazy stuff like casting Life3 on my party too. Plus if losing control of him is too risky, it's not like you can't have him cast spells and use items.

Heath
10-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Toss up between Gogo and Strago. Although you get both fairly late, Gogo is very versatile that getting them late isn't so much of an issue because it's not like you're missing skills. Strago, on the other hand, is a blue mage and therefore is fantastic. High magic stat as well, along with skills like white wind and mighty guard make him extremely useful in almost any battle.

cloud21zidane16
10-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I cant really decide whos the best character, i like Gau but his defiently not the best in battle:rolleyes2

XxSephirothxX
10-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Been years since I played VI, but I believe it was Locke who I had imped out for massive damage.

Bluecho
12-01-2007, 04:38 AM
I could never pick a favorite. Their like one's children. You can't choose you're favorite child, can you?

But if I had to choose, I guess I would have to go with either Locke, for his stealing abilities, or Sabin, whose Blitz pretty much act like powerful spells, except without the MP cost.

Plus, I have a bit of a soft spot for Terra as a character. You can't help but love her.

saf
12-09-2007, 04:24 AM
shadow

Zeromus_X
12-09-2007, 05:47 AM
I really like Relm, because of her character and design. In terms of gameplay, I really like her because of her incredible natural magic stat; she can easily hit weaknesses for max damage, even with level two spells. With Esper boosts, she's a magical destructive force.

Other favorites include Gogo (versatility), Setzer (dice shenanigans), and Gau (max defense at level 14, among other crazy things. Seriously, Gau is pretty overpowered).

NeoCracker
12-09-2007, 10:35 AM
I really like Relm, because of her character and design. In terms of gameplay, I really like her because of her incredible natural magic stat; she can easily hit weaknesses for max damage, even with level two spells. With Esper boosts, she's a magical destructive force.

Other favorites include Gogo (versatility), Setzer (dice shenanigans), and Gau (max defense at level 14, among other crazy things. Seriously, Gau is pretty overpowered).
Shenanigans :p

ljkkjlcm9
12-09-2007, 11:01 AM
I just don't like Gau as a character

and Shadow is by far the most overpowered as an Imp

Cyan is my favorite though.

THE JACKEL

footem
12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
There's absolutley no logical reason why but everytime i put Edgar and Umaro in the party together they absolutley rock. Umaro seems to do that ball attack thing much more with egdar than any other pc. Maybe they just have chemistry.

KoShiatar
12-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Locke's awesomeness consists in stealing Ribbons for all my party, AND the Ultima Weapon. And with the Thief Gloves he can also deal damage while doing so!

Peter_20
12-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Fully powered up AutoCrossBow > EVERYTHING else! :D