PDA

View Full Version : God does this game SUCK!

edczxcvbnm
10-11-2007, 06:00 AM
No words can truly express my hatred of Blitzball and all that is wrong with it...but I will try anyways.

First off, they totally tease you with this bad ass opening of awesome action for a blitzball game. Fast paced action non-stopped. This truly is the future of sports! Then you actually play the game and find out it is the most boring thing alive. I have had more fun thinking about paint drying during my dreams. 100% serious on that. That was an awesome dream in comparison to this train wreak.

Secondly, how does this game even work in any real world application? People are "swimming"(more on this later) around in water with not scuba gear and crap. How do they breath? Did they go through dimensions to steal underwater materia from cloud? WTF!

Also why is it when I get stopped by some douche bag on my way to the goal and I pass BEHIND me he some how gets a chance to block it? I thought the douche was in front of me. I guess he used his douchey powers to out douche the game....douche!

On top of that, why would I even stop? Why not keep the momentum going and run his ass out of the sphere...like in the MOVIE!

Then swimming....have they heard of the different directions you can swim? This isn't land people. Moving on the Z axis isn't that hard! Even though the game would still suck if I could move up and down and all around, at least it wouldn't suck as much.

Let us not forget how much your team BLOWS. If I were Tidus I would have murdered them so I would have an excuse as to why we lost. Their goal can't block crap...no wonder they are total losers and you fire them all if you actually bother to play the game on your own.

Why would they even FORCE you to play this game? It is terrible! It is only made worse in that you MUST play the game. I almost took out a shot gun and blew up the PS2 I got so pissed off. I did have to take my anger out on something so I went out on a GTA style killing spree. The police were cool with it after I explained that all of this rage had come from Blitzball. They actually felt sorry for me.

I guess what I am trying to get at here is that Blitzball is truly the work of El Diablo! Nothing this diabolical could have come from the minds of men.

Discuss your hatred of Blitzball!

Jojee
10-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Yeah but Wakka is hot ^___^

blackmage_nuke
10-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Secondly, how does this game even work in any real world application? People are "swimming"(more on this later) around in water with not scuba gear and crap. How do they breath? Did they go through dimensions to steal underwater materia from cloud? WTF! They say that they can hold thier breath for over 10 minutes. Spira is made up of Guybrush Threepwoods

Also why is it when I get stopped by some douche bag on my way to the goal and I pass BEHIND me he some how gets a chance to block it? I thought the douche was in front of me. I guess he used his douchey powers to out douche the game....douche!NO!? I wouldnt expect the players of a sport played entirely underwater to be able to swim well. Thats perposterous

On top of that, why would I even stop? Why not keep the momentum going and run his ass out of the sphere...like in the MOVIE! Zanarkand rules and Spira rules are different. Like rugby in different countries :erm:

Then swimming....have they heard of the different directions you can swim? This isn't land people. Moving on the Z axis isn't that hard! Even though the game would still suck if I could move up and down and all around, at least it wouldn't suck as much. Square dont have time to be working out 3d maths, they have games to make and money to spend

Let us not forget how much your team BLOWS. If I were Tidus I would have murdered them so I would have an excuse as to why we lost. Their goal can't block crap...no wonder they are total losers and you fire them all if you actually bother to play the game on your own. That's why you can go out and buy new team members

Why would they even FORCE you to play this game? It is terrible! It is only made worse in that you MUST play the game. I almost took out a shot gun and blew up the PS2 I got so pissed off. I did have to take my anger out on something so I went out on a GTA style killing spree. The police were cool with it after I explained that all of this rage had come from Blitzball. They actually felt sorry for me. Incedentally the forfeit button exists for a reason

Yeah but Wakka is hot ^___^

Seconded

However with that said i only played blitzball for the sigils and such anyway

Peter_20
10-11-2007, 08:30 AM
And thus the topic creator pretty much insulted the fans of Blitzball.

Liking Blitzball = being stupid.

The End.

jeo2388
10-11-2007, 12:09 PM
it depends on the person's point of view really. some enjoy it and some dont. but you dnt hav to be an ass about it. because its insulting to the fans. i had my share of frustration, that is why i stoped right away after i got wakka's sigil. you dont have to play it you know, no one's forcing you

Loony BoB
10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
It was okay - but it had the potential to be so, so much more. Add in a few extra players and make it 3D, that would have been incredibly awesome. I don't even know why they bothered playing in water when it was entirely 2D regardless. Could have just played football.

EDIT: I definitely superhated when they blocked passes from the other side of you, though. What the hell was up with that?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-11-2007, 03:22 PM
people don't like blitzball because they suck at it :D

personally, i thought it was pretty good! it didn't beat the card game from ff8 (that freakin' rocks!) but still good.

PuPu
10-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Blitzball is even worse in X-2.

Bowser
10-11-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't think it's even possible to win. The mechanics of the game make absolutely no sense to me. :[

LunarWeaver
10-12-2007, 12:08 AM
I have never had the patience to finish reading the instructions. I have no idea how Blitzball is even played :jess:

Necronopticous
10-12-2007, 12:32 AM
It was a pretty poorly designed minigame for a Final Fantasy installment, but I was never particularly bothered by it.

It's not as if there is any obligation to win the single required match, anyway.

Jessweeee♪
10-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Blitzball is even worse in X-2.

Oh gawd, yes. I liked FFX-2 and FFX blitzball wasn't the worst thing I have played, but FFX-2 blitzball sucked.

Oh, and did you know that swimming into a goal lets you control the other nine players' bodies so you can make them spin in place while you just let the clock run O:

...and the ref doesn't even say a thing!

Nifleheim7
10-12-2007, 12:59 PM
people don't like blitzball because they suck at it

Rianoa
10-12-2007, 10:45 PM
it took me ages to ever win a game of blitz ball (many times of anger)
ive never won again though.

Renmiri
10-13-2007, 03:34 AM

pwned!

Yah, it is a lot more fun than Quidditch, for instance. :love:

Tavrobel
10-13-2007, 04:15 AM
people don't like blitzball because they it suck [s]at it

Fixed.

FF kidfreak
10-13-2007, 05:20 AM
i like biltzball abit but it is really really annoying i have only won once

cally777
10-14-2007, 07:32 PM

pwned!

Yah, it is a lot more fun than Quidditch, for instance. :love:

Absolutely - at least its not a game where u can win by catching some stupid thing overturning the entire score!

Its good but IMO not difficult enuf! The opposition AI is rubbish sometimes like passing when they ought to shoot. Once u know how to win, you almost never lose. But its still a great mini-game.

:choc::choc::choc:

Little Blue
10-14-2007, 10:14 PM
I like Blitzball in X, I like Blitzball in X-2. Hell, I think I prefer Blitzball in X-2 to X, the managerial side really appeals to me. Since Renmiri brings it up, I like Quidditch too. Sure, the novalty wears off pretty quickly with them all, but its still a fun little sidegame. d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x was quite on the mark with his post, except that Triple Triad actually was awful.

Heath
10-15-2007, 12:52 AM
I enjoyed Blitzball in small doses. The game was fun when there was a challenge in it, but initially it's too difficult and further down the line it's too easy when you've got a decent squad behind you and all the other teams are, practically, useless. Wasn't bad but as said it could've been much more than it was.

~Death~Stalker~910
10-15-2007, 01:41 AM
i hate it and i always will..sometimes its impossible to make the jecht shot!!

Mo-Nercy
10-15-2007, 02:19 AM
Yeah, it was pretty annoying at the beginning.

But in my pursuit of having to get Wakka's World Champion (or failing that, at least Attack Reels), I found myself playing it and coming to like it.

Ouch!
10-15-2007, 02:45 AM
While I absolutely loathe blitzball in FFX, I do maintain that, if properly done (which would require that all the faults listed be rectified), blitzball could make a fairly bad-ass stand-alone sports video game. Y'know, like Madden '08 except Blitzball.

Spammerman
10-15-2007, 04:33 AM
I loved blitzball.

Xear
10-17-2007, 05:23 PM
The mini game was not really my cup of tea, but hey I only had to play it once :).

The mini game could of turned out better I do admit, for me it was a bit heavy on the maths. But some people I know lovethe game. I would have liked it a bit more though if my main character Stats somwhat reflectected those in the real world. It made no sense that Tidus, and eventually Wakka would be kick ass in the real world but be patheticly weak in the mini game that I assume was supose to rely on Physical stamina and skill.

I had to get a friend to play the game, to get me the weapon. But hey They did the same in FF9 with tripple tryad... so Square forcing you to play a mini game is not somthing thats new :)

Jess
10-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I only played blitzball the one time during the game where I had to. I never won.

Vivisteiner
10-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Blitzball is easy, and quite fun.

But it takes too long.

Peter_20
10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
If Blitzball were a little faster, kinda like in the intro CG, I would adore it.

Now I just like it.

XxSephirothxX
10-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Blitzball was pretty lame. Give me snowboarding or Tetra Master any day.

Xear
10-19-2007, 05:04 PM
At least it was better then Sphere break :) but then again that is not hard

cloud21zidane16
10-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I could i win at blitzball but i didnt enjoy it, luckily im quite patient and when it comes to final fantasy i can grind things out even if its boring:)

Jessweeee♪
10-20-2007, 12:33 AM
If you ask me the best FF minigame EVAR is Triple Triad :heart:

edczxcvbnm
11-02-2007, 04:53 PM
If you ask me the best FF minigame EVAR is Triple Triad :heart:

All of the mini games in FFVII were the best. Snowboard, sub game, motorcycle game...hard as crap basketball game XD

Skyblade
11-02-2007, 06:47 PM
I actually quite enjoyed Blitzball (X blitzball, not X-2 blitzball). There were plenty of problems with the game, even on a conceptual level, but it was not that bad.

The biggest problem with the underwater sport is something that, surprisingly, no one has picked up on yet. How the hell can anyone throw a ball across 50 feet of water?! Even assuming you were able to keep the ball's density equal to that of the water, so that it doesn't rise/sink as you play with it, water is way too viscous for that sort of action. And that can't be explained by "oh, they're good athletes and can throw the ball really hard", because physics does not work that way. Velocity does not negate resistance. Water can stop everything from large, slow moving objects (like a submarine, or a submarine's torpedos. If momentum was enough to propel a torpedo through water, they wouldn't have engines mounted on them), to small, very fast moving objects (bullets fired underwater don't go more than a few feet, and they have a higher velocity and lower surface area [which means less area to generate friction]). A pass or shot would not get anywhere near its intended target, despite the game showing that even the worst shots/passes reach their target, but then bounce off and go to the next closest player. Yeah, right.

It's a nice game, but holy hell its physics system is screwy.

Sidderz
11-02-2007, 08:11 PM
No. The game doesn't suck.

Rianoa
11-04-2007, 01:21 AM
hell[/I] can anyone throw a ball across 50 feet of water?! Even assuming you were able to keep the ball's density equal to that of the water, so that it doesn't rise/sink as you play with it, water is way too viscous for that sort of action

they breath under water for hours its made up they live in Spira not earth like how can they be hit about thirty times with a sword and not die if it was realistic no one would go on the game. e.g haunting ground get hit once and you die its a rubbish game.And the title for the series of games is Final Fantasy its bound to be unrealisic they can do that with the series.

Sain Cai
11-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Phoenix summed it up. Take the time to learn how to play. I hated Blitz just as much as anyone, then learned you can have a HIGHLY competitive team by the time you hit the first of Rin's Agency's

Rostum
11-04-2007, 07:33 AM
I actually quite enjoyed Blitzball (X blitzball, not X-2 blitzball). There were plenty of problems with the game, even on a conceptual level, but it was not that bad.

The biggest problem with the underwater sport is something that, surprisingly, no one has picked up on yet. How the hell can anyone throw a ball across 50 feet of water?! Even assuming you were able to keep the ball's density equal to that of the water, so that it doesn't rise/sink as you play with it, water is way too viscous for that sort of action. And that can't be explained by "oh, they're good athletes and can throw the ball really hard", because physics does not work that way. Velocity does not negate resistance. Water can stop everything from large, slow moving objects (like a submarine, or a submarine's torpedos. If momentum was enough to propel a torpedo through water, they wouldn't have engines mounted on them), to small, very fast moving objects (bullets fired underwater don't go more than a few feet, and they have a higher velocity and lower surface area [which means less area to generate friction]). A pass or shot would not get anywhere near its intended target, despite the game showing that even the worst shots/passes reach their target, but then bounce off and go to the next closest player. Yeah, right.

It's a nice game, but holy hell its physics system is screwy.

Final Fantasy. Physics could be different on Spira?

Del Murder
11-04-2007, 07:37 AM
This is a game where infinite numbers of monsters appear out of no where and you have all the time in the world to determine what a character's action on them is. Not really based in the realms of reality.

I liked Blitzball, though the opening video did make it look a lot better.

Rianoa
11-04-2007, 03:14 PM
yeh i guess thats what you expect on games called final fantasy i like the battle system it gives you time to think you can leave them in battle all day

Godhand
11-04-2007, 05:21 PM
I beat you to this. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/107891-game-joke.html)

LOL@The idea Blitzball involves any degree of skill

cally777
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
I beat you to this. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/107891-game-joke.html)

Hey, Godhand, some advice? Before you link us to your rant about how Final Fantasy X sucked, you might have read the thread and realised it was about whether blitzball sucked (or not).

As everybody mentioned blitz quite clearly, the question now becomes, how badly do you suck at reading things properly? I think maybe you do. Take care out there.

Old Manus
11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Duck and cover from the impending flame war

Godhand
11-05-2007, 08:01 PM
And I covered that Blitzball was an abortion of a game, including why.

Reading comprehension much?

Realm25
11-05-2007, 09:47 PM
I played it once, the controls were something from the planet Mars, I swear..I had no idea what I was doing, even after reading the instructions. I might as well have been blind with only one finger per hand. Other than that lousy pathetic excuse for a minigame, Final Fantasy X still remains my favorite game in the series.

cally777
11-07-2007, 05:59 PM
And I covered that Blitzball was an abortion of a game, including why.

Reading comprehension much?

Ok, maybe you just suck at editing then? That was at the bottom of a massive rant about how much you hated FFX, so the fact you also hated blitz wasn't that significant in the end. But fair play to you for finding out you hated it too.

Incidently there is definitely skill in blitz in terms of positioning, tactics and team selection. Though as I said before, once you get to a certain level, you will beat the game most every time. But there is more fun to be had by learning techs, gaining levels, beating scoring records etc.

remnant1
11-08-2007, 05:39 PM
i enjoyed blitzball for my first few dozen games.but when i re-played the game,blitzball is extreemly boring.

~Death~Stalker~910
11-08-2007, 10:53 PM
i cant sit there 4 five minutes an play a video game...even though it took me 40 some hours to beat ffx