PDA

View Full Version : Endless need for playing more and more games...

Peter_20
10-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Do you also kinda feel like playing lots of games at once?
Personally I'm into FF10 right now, but I also feel like playing the other FF games, Secret of Mana, Star Ocean etc.
I just felt like trying the original Dragon Quest again as well.

It's a pretty nice feeling, but also a tad frustrating.
I want to play them all, but it'll take lots of time.

Karellen
10-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Don't bother; there is absolutely nothing good about the game. The gameplay is so terrible that it's not ever worth playing from a historical point of view.

Peter_20
10-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Don't bother; there is absolutely nothing good about the game. The gameplay is so terrible that it's not ever worth playing from a historical point of view.Meh, the only terrible part was reaching LV30.

KoShiatar
10-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm tempted to do like you say, but especially in the case of RPG's I try not to play too many at a time or else I'll never finish any of those. *Looks sadly at her FFV Advance savefile*

Karellen
10-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Don't bother; there is absolutely nothing good about the game. The gameplay is so terrible that it's not ever worth playing from a historical point of view.Meh, the only terrible part was reaching LV30.
That and everything else, sure.

Rengori
10-11-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm tempted to do like you say, but especially in the case of RPG's I try not to play too many at a time or else I'll never finish any of those. *Looks sadly at her FFV Advance savefile*

Unfortuneately I do that and it usually takes me forever to finish these games.

theundeadhero
10-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Meh, the only terrible part was reaching LV30.Why? The games beatable at the level you learn healmore.

When that happens I usually just pick one of them and go with it.

The Ceej
10-11-2007, 05:08 PM
This is the main reason it's been taking me so long to beat all the Final Fantasy games.

I would start playing one, get the desire to play another, repeat the process, and when I got back around to any given game, I'd forget where I was and have to start all over again. Last summer, I developed a system which allowed me to beat the majority of Final Fantasy games I hadn't yet. I randomly choose one I haven't beat yet and stick with it to the end. Just one. No distractions. And look at my victory list now. Before that, the only Final Fantasy games on that list were VII, IV, and X. Now it's almost the entire series.

So yeah. I only play one at a time. If I get the desire to switch, I have to control myself.

Captain Maxx Power
10-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I quite often juggle several games at once, alongside University work.

Nifleheim7
10-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I usually play one main game that i focus on until i beat it but i also play some games like Gran Turismo or Tekken when i get bored (or stuck) in the main game that i'm playing.
For example,these days i'm mostly playing Kingdom Hearts but when i get bored or want to play something different i play Chocobo Tales.:)

Lynx
10-11-2007, 10:37 PM
i usually stick with a game until the end of the story i later pick up the game and finish the sidequests. normally i only bounce between games when new ones im dying to play are out and i go out and buy them.

Markus. D
10-12-2007, 07:45 AM
I ussually play 1 alongside GW.

Currently VP2 ^^

Breine
10-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm currently playing 5 games: Final Fantasy XII, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 2: The Sons of Liberty and Final Fantasy IX.

I try to switch between the games, but it's naturally a bit difficult.

Peter_20
10-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Heh, I wasn't alone, after all. :D

Right now I'm playing FF10, but I also feel the desire to try *gasp!* FF2 for the NES.
But first I have to finish the original, FF1, so as to make it feel more structured.
And so on! :eek::eek::eek:

Being a hardcore perfectionist sucks.

Vermachtnis
10-12-2007, 06:02 PM
I try not to play to many games at the same time. I get confused and the stories start merging together and I never beat them. That only applies to game one though. In other playthroughs or post game I'll tackle a few of those at a time. Which is odd cause post game requires more work. But I don't have to worry about story lines running together and after I get Erde Kaiser and beat the Ethereal Queen to unlock the UberPrinny and beat him and get 100% Calumon data I'll obtain VICTOLY and get a big thumbs up and a YOUR WINNER!

JackNapier
10-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I tend to stick with one game at a time. At the moment I'm on my second playthrough of Kingdom Hearts 2.

Zeromus_X
10-12-2007, 09:57 PM
I can only handle one game at a time. If I had to play through more than one game at once, I'd never finish them all.

Rostum
10-18-2007, 01:21 AM
Yeah, sometimes I can't decide what to play next. So I'll start one, and feel like playing another, so I start that one and then want to play another. This happens one or two more times, and then I just don't play any in the end and go and do something else until a newer game is released.

Heath
10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
I tend to play several games at once, though when I do that I admittedly devote more time and energy to one than the others. I mean, at the moment I've made substantial progress, but not finished, AW:DS hard mode, Castlevania: DoS, FFTA (replay), FFIII DS and FFXII. I'm right at the end of FFXII though and I imagine I could finish the game within an hour or two, just stopped to do some side quests. Same with Castlevania, just need to level up a bit before the final boss and do some more work with Julius mode.

I like it overall because sometimes I'll get frustrated with a particular game, or a particular part of a game like I am with FFIII DS at the moment, so I'll go and play some Castlevania instead. It's nice to have different games depending on how I'm feeling.