PDA

View Full Version : Hooray, no class! (one class :()

rubah
10-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Our (Hsu and mine's) Physics professor is pretty weird. She's mean in that she assigns crazy hard homeworks but she's cool in that she's totally nice otherwise (she just has really dumb looking hair ;oo). For example, she cancelled class tomorrow and postponed our friday test so that people could study in peace for their CalI exams the night before. Now, I don't know if that's her only reasoning, but that was the one stated, so I have no choice but to accept it.

Of course I wasn't going to study for either, but~

Our chemistry professor gave us a monday (excellent because her classes are at 7:30 AM) off when she went to peru last month.

In high school we failed to have classes for a medley of different reasons, 'lol the water main at the high school broke and they have to go home so we do also!' 'guys I'm stressed, just read all hour', 'hey it's snowing! ¡Qué fabuloso!'

What are the best reasons to have classes cancelled?

Jojee
10-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Any reason is good enough of a reason for me :p Too bad it never happens!

Shoeberto
10-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Snow days were always the best until we ran out of our emergency days and had to start taking away days from spring break/tacking on days at the end of the school year.

Bunny
10-11-2007, 06:57 PM
The best reason for having class cancelled is "I don't want to teach today, go home.".

Yamaneko
10-11-2007, 07:14 PM
I would cancel classes for myself even though everyone would show up.

Captain Maxx Power
10-11-2007, 07:15 PM
What are the best reasons to have classes cancelled?

Illegitimate reasons are always more fun.

Miriel
10-11-2007, 07:22 PM
One time my Professor took 20 minutes to try and set up a powerpoint presentation, called the tech people, tech people didn't help, YELLED at the tech people, and then told us to go home.

Thing is, I think troubles with the projector has been a problem in like 80% of my classes, and the tech people are always soooooo slow about responding and helping and sometimes they make it worse. It's funny to watch people with PhDs struggling with this stuff. :p

Bunny
10-11-2007, 07:25 PM
One time my Professor took 20 minutes to try and set up a powerpoint presentation, called the tech people, tech people didn't help, YELLED at the tech people, and then told us to go home.

Thing is, I think troubles with the projector has been a problem in like 80% of my classes, and the tech people are always soooooo slow about responding and helping and sometimes they make it worse. It's funny to watch people with PhDs struggling with this stuff. :p

Especially when they use words like "confounded" or "blast(ed)". There is nothing funnier than an old person yelling at technology.

rubah
10-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Codswallop! There's plenty of things.

Resha
10-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Haha, we didn't really have an English class today because my teacher was desperate to beat her friend in Scrabulous (a facebook application where you can play scrabble ;D). So she sat us down, gave us a huge stack of Oxford thesauri, and said, "Find me an awesome point-scoring word." And we did.

Nothing quite beats that

Quindiana Jones
10-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Any reason is a good reason.

Though Resha's really rocks.

Denmark
10-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I've only had one college class unexpectedly cancelled, and that was due to a crapload of snow preventing my prof from getting out of her driveway.

Sergeant Hartman
10-11-2007, 08:33 PM
cba

Jess
10-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Haha, we didn't really have an English class today because my teacher was desperate to beat her friend in Scrabulous (a facebook application where you can play scrabble ;D). So she sat us down, gave us a huge stack of Oxford thesauri, and said, "Find me an awesome point-scoring word." And we did.

Nothing quite beats that
My mum plays that on facebook. :exdee:

As for my answer to the topic. Any reason is good enough for me! :jess:

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-11-2007, 10:39 PM
We pretty much never had class on Friday when I started at Community College a few years back for my English 101 class because the teacher never wanted to show up and teach, so he just gave us it off every week.

It was pretty nice since it was my only class on Friday.

I Don't Need A Name
10-11-2007, 10:53 PM

especially when 3/4s of the class actually realise whats wrong with it XD

theundeadhero
10-11-2007, 11:09 PM
The only time I ever got off from college class was because someone flew some airplanes into some buildings :grumble:

Kirobaito
10-11-2007, 11:27 PM
We had karate cancelled on Monday because the teacher had to go take a competency test for his other job.

The classes that have been cancelled so far this year have been because of conferences they've had to go to.

Rengori
10-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Any reason is good enough of a reason for me :p Too bad it never happens!