PDA

View Full Version : are you afraid of the dark?

Lynx
10-11-2007, 10:13 PM
not the show even though i loved the show. but since its getting closer to halloween what are you afraid of?

Shauna
10-11-2007, 10:13 PM
I am afraid of losing the people I care about - my friends, family, etc.

And that TV show rocked. :cool:

oddler
10-11-2007, 10:20 PM

Absolutely. :up:

I'm afraid of falling and loud noises. Because I have to be.

JackNapier
10-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm terrified of bears.

Lynx
10-11-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm terrified of bears.

i tried to hand feed one in the woods once.

as for me i have a hard time thinking of what im afraid of the only thing i can ever think of is i fear loseing my friends and family.

Fatal Impurity
10-11-2007, 10:35 PM
I loved that show....but yeah when I was younger I was afraid of the dark. Actually not so much the dark but rather a raving hell beast jumping out in the dark and ripping me to shreds...afterall who would be afraid of a simple lack of light?

Jessweeee♪
10-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I used to be afraid of semi-deflated helium balloons....or if someone drew on a balloon, then it got deflated and the drawing looked tiny and weird, that'd freak me out.

I'm not like that anymore, but I still don't like to touch them once they start deflating :p

Captain Maxx Power
10-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Moths, the sun randomly exploding, and most of the mad-as-ass-hat dictators in power around the world.

LunarWeaver
10-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Spiders /generic

Jojee
10-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Besides the things that everyone in the world and their mom is afraid of (losing people you love, etc.), I am afraid of spiders/bugs & heights ^_^ And your face >=[

Jess
10-11-2007, 11:39 PM
I am so scared of spiders, when I visit Loz at uni I check his house for them and if I find any I scream/run away until they are removed. I just get hysterical. I'm scared of other bugs and stuff, like wasps, moths & daddy longlegs. :{

Obviously, I am scared of losing my loved ones, too. :(

Araciel
10-11-2007, 11:52 PM
your mom.

Freya
10-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Spiders, snakes, heights, any bug, scary dreams about little girls who'll eat me :eek:, deep water, creepy old men that hit on me, and flying racoon eating monsters.

Fatal Impurity
10-12-2007, 12:00 AM
scary dreams about little girls who'll eat me :eek:

You havn't been playing F.E.A.R lately by any chance have you?

Jess
10-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Oh, I forgot. I hate jellyfish. They make me not want to go in the sea. :weep:

Freya
10-12-2007, 12:04 AM

No, just had an odd dream last night.

Pouring Rain
10-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Well, I have a phobia of clowns. And numbers with decimals that just keep going on and on and on... yeah. Don't make fun of my clown phobia.

I do not recall watching the show.

TyphoonThaReapa
10-12-2007, 12:12 AM

I'm afraid of many things in this world. One would be swimming in the deep end. What can I say? I'm only human...:rolleyes2

And I know Lekana. I was there...

Fatal Impurity
10-12-2007, 12:15 AM

All my scary cannibal dreams have been fueled by late night sessions of F.E.A.R....it was only natural of me to think the same of you lol :D

Lynx
10-12-2007, 12:23 AM

what about sharks?

Fatal Impurity
10-12-2007, 12:25 AM

what about sharks?

Sharks aren't as common, rarely attack unless provoked/smell blood and dont have the ability to sting and possibly kill you by touch alone.

Shark's FAIL

Jess
10-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Whilst I was on holiday I went banana boating and one of my friends fell off so the boat stopped for them to get back on, and there was like HUNDREDS of jellyfish around the boat. I completely freaked out and just wanted to go back. I'm never doing that ever again. :(

Mirage
10-12-2007, 12:35 AM
I am afraid of losing the people I care about - my friends, family, etc.

Pretty much.

Lynx
10-12-2007, 12:35 AM

what about sharks?

Sharks aren't as common, rarely attack unless provoked/smell blood and dont have the ability to sting and possibly kill you by touch alone.

Shark's FAIL

not too many jellyfish will actually kill you. box jellyfish will kill you in a few minutes but still they only live near australia.

i think sharks might kill more people a year then jellyfish idk ive never seen any statsicts. besides if your in a raft at sea and see a jellyfish you wont think anything of it. you see a fin break the surface youll be freaked.

Iceglow
10-12-2007, 01:02 AM
When I was younger this was really bad for me but now it's more of a strong dislike because thanks to a couple of trips to the hospital ect I've been forced to face it but I have or had a phobia of masks of any sort if they covered the nose and mouth I'd freak out. These days I would freak out if I didn't know what they're there for or if I don't control it but it's not so bad.

I'm also afraid of dying slowly and painfully if I'm gonna go atleast give me the decency of letting me go quick and painlessly.

Jessweeee♪
10-12-2007, 01:24 AM

I stepped on one once ; ;

It hurt ; ;

Bunny
10-12-2007, 02:10 AM
Land mines, female circumcision, and the vagina.

Fatal Impurity
10-12-2007, 02:39 AM

what about sharks?

Shark's FAIL

not too many jellyfish will actually kill you. box jellyfish will kill you in a few minutes but still they only live near australia.

i think sharks might kill more people a year then jellyfish idk ive never seen any statsicts. besides if your in a raft at sea and see a jellyfish you wont think anything of it. you see a fin break the surface youll be freaked.

Jellyfish kill more people per year than sharks (or at least they do in my country) and your observation about sharks being more menacing is true, and that's why a jellyfish is more dangerous you don't see/avoid it coming.

The Ceej
10-12-2007, 04:45 AM
most of the mad-as-ass-hat dictators in power around the world.

You mean like Emperor Bush?

Seriously, it's my job to incite fear in others, not to feel it myself.

Masamunemaster
10-12-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm afraid of love and being hurt more

Marshall Banana
10-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Sometimes at night, when I've laid down to go to sleep, I worry that if I open my eyes or turn my head, I'll see a dead girl who is staring at me as she stands in my doorway or sits below the end of my bed, peeking just her head over it. I also worry that if I see one, she'll be carrying a syringe. Syringes make me pale and nervous enough to faint.

I was sure to type this after I had been to bed.

Azalar
10-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Hights, Death, The usual jargon.

And the noise that skin makes on waterproof cloth, that noise makes my skin crawl.

But otherwise, bears and spiders dont scare me, Id just round house kick any giant killer spider bear hybrid that attacked me with a chainsaw.

Loony BoB
10-12-2007, 12:17 PM
No. In fact, when I was a kid, I was afraid of sleeping with the lights on or door open. I mean, dude, monsters aren't real. But burglars and murderers are! So keep that door closed, it's a barrier between you and them should they come into your household. And keep the light off - that way they can't see you.

Azalar
10-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Then Loony, when they sneak into your room, you spring yp, cast a Firaga, then you do Steal: Weapon, and do double sword, before you finish with a combat combo as a family member walks in, then claim a judge point and summon a Totema.

*Shifty Eyes Proof I been playing FFTA waaaaaay to long

Jojee
10-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Sometimes at night, when I've laid down to go to sleep, I worry that if I open my eyes or turn my head, I'll see a dead girl who is staring at me as she stands in my doorway or sits below the end of my bed, peeking just her head over it. I also worry that if I see one, she'll be carrying a syringe. Syringes make me pale and nervous enough to faint.

I was sure to type this after I had been to bed. Yeahh, dead girls are so scary. Sometimes I think there's a big slimy monster-creature-thing outside hanging out my window when I'm at my parents' house :p Silly imaginations.

Loony BoB
10-12-2007, 02:33 PM
You people worry about very strange things.

Shauna
10-12-2007, 02:56 PM
We're all very strange people. :p

Azalar
10-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Shush Loony, noones knows im strange, dont tell them my secrets <_<

Lynx
10-12-2007, 07:30 PM
does anyone else wnat to find out monsters, demons and ghosts are real and evil so they can become hunters like in supernatural?

Zeldy
10-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Zombies make me cry, as do Daddy Long legs/Crane fly. I squealed in Shaun of the Dead and that's a COMEDY. I got nightmares from a halloween simpsons once when I was younger, it involved zombies sprouting from their back garden, I spent the whole night looking out the window :(

Lynx
10-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Zombies make me cry, as do Daddy Long legs/Crane fly. I squealed in Shaun of the Dead and that's a COMEDY. I got nightmares from a halloween simpsons once when I was younger, it involved zombies sprouting from their back garden, I spent the whole night looking out the window :(

Bart: you shot zombie flanders!
Homer: flanders was a zombie?

Shoeberto
10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I still get pretty afraid of the dark from time to time.

Peegee
10-12-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm not afraid of anything except the feeling of imminent freefall. It's ridiculous. I've overcome fear of bees (being stung helped), and all sorts of other fears, but not this.

:' (

BardTard
10-13-2007, 06:23 AM
Spiders (yucky)
Strangers (cynical)
People in general (cynical)
The power shutting off before I get to save my game (that's not an irrational fear it actually has happened alot).
The sun (I burn easily).
The truth (I don't want to hear it)

So basically everything. I'm pantophobic.

escobert
10-13-2007, 06:24 AM
The show rocked and no. I used to be when I was younger.

Yamaneko
10-13-2007, 07:27 AM
I used to be. Now I require complete darkness in order to fall asleep. Full moons are the worst.

Lynx
10-13-2007, 07:52 AM
The power shutting off before I get to save my game (that's not an irrational fear it actually has happened alot).

i forgot i actually fear that happening a lot too especially since i live on a twisty dangerous road in the middle of the woods. trees and cars have been known to take out the power with me yelling as loud as i can "NOOOOOO!" as my game was turned off.

Marshall Banana
10-14-2007, 02:30 AM
No. In fact, when I was a kid, I was afraid of sleeping with the lights on or door open. I mean, dude, monsters aren't real. But burglars and murderers are! So keep that door closed, it's a barrier between you and them should they come into your household. And keep the light off - that way they can't see you.
I always keep my closet doors shut in case a monster is inside my closet; I want to hear it coming out, if it decides to.

Marluxiaswife
10-14-2007, 02:40 AM
Um...alittle but not alot...depends how i feel...or hear *looks around*

Lynx
10-14-2007, 02:55 AM
try hiking out in the woods and accidently falling asleep and waking up alone in the darkness of the forest. i actualyl didnt find it too scary but it was interesting :p

Bunny
10-14-2007, 03:05 AM
No. In fact, when I was a kid, I was afraid of sleeping with the lights on or door open. I mean, dude, monsters aren't real. But burglars and murderers are! So keep that door closed, it's a barrier between you and them should they come into your household. And keep the light off - that way they can't see you.\

I am not sure whether or not someone else has posted this already (I do not read posts that are not made by forum moderators/admins and site staff) but burglars rarely ever rob houses with the lights on. The point is to successfully get in and get out without any trouble. Cops, people with weapons inside the home, etc. These are problems.

That is why people suggest that when you go away for an extended period of time, you should leave at least the porch light on or one light inside the house on.

NeoCracker
10-14-2007, 03:10 AM
I'm afraid Jojee will stop talking to me.

Ace14
10-14-2007, 03:20 AM

Omgosh same here! I hated leaving the door open because I always thought a burglar was going to come into the house. I got over that fear a while ago though. Now I have (well I've had it for a while) vertigo, I have a huge fear of heights and I always get dizzy when I'm in high places. It's so bad because I feel like passing out right there. Other than heights I'm afraid of losing my friends and I have a slight fear of puppets.