PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Beaten the First Blitzball Game Before?

~Death~Stalker~910
10-12-2007, 01:31 AM
im jus wonderin has ne1 beat it cause i aint...i got 2 overtime then i had 2 leave

Tavrobel
10-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Yes. Play defensively until Tidus is able to use Jecht Shot for a goal. If you don't have it, go back and get it.

Laddy
10-12-2007, 02:53 AM
I did.

Jessweeee♪
10-12-2007, 03:03 AM
Not fairly :p

I used the goal glitch :p

blackmage_nuke
10-12-2007, 03:13 AM
I scored 2 or so goals with Jecht shot then i passed the ball in between 2 players repeatedly until time finished

Eiko Guy
10-12-2007, 03:20 AM
I beat it all the time now that i am a pro. Wish they made it a seperate game altogether but made it make more since. three dimensions need to be used.

theundeadhero
10-12-2007, 03:26 AM
Wakka scored the winning goal in triple overtime.

Psychotic
10-12-2007, 03:29 AM
I won 2-0. Tidus scored a Jecht shot, and Wakka scored the second.

First time I played it, though, I lost 4-0.

Namelessfengir
10-12-2007, 03:29 AM
yeah you can hide back in the aurochs goal or if you play like your scared :skull::skull::skull::skull:less you can kick their ass and level up most players.

go manual 1

make sure that all your players get the ball and pass it off a few times.
get the kickers kicking and jassu and datto passing back and forth

never let the goers get the ball if you do your pretty much screwed unless your very lucky or skilled.

during the first game jecht shot is only good for one shot so in the begining pass get tidus or datto close while avoiding encounters

the best i ever got was a win of 5 - 0

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-12-2007, 01:24 PM
i lost the first time but won everytime after that/ best win was 4-0

leader of mortals
10-12-2007, 08:56 PM
best win 4-1

worst loss 5-0:eek:

ReloadPsi
10-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Once, but it's not worth it anyway. You get a Strength Sphere (not particularly useful; I would've preferred something much rarer) and when Wakka's handing the ball to the Aurochs after the game, he's handing them the cup instead.

Rianoa
10-12-2007, 10:54 PM
ive only won once 4-2 it took many atempts but you dont get much for your atempts

~Death~Stalker~910
10-13-2007, 12:38 AM
how do u get the jecht shot b4 tha game???

Enjolras
10-13-2007, 12:43 AM
On the boat from Kilika to Luca, if you approach the blitzball sitting on the bow deck, you have the oppurtunity to play a mini-game which, if you succeed, will give you the Jecht Shot. But, if you fail, you won't be able to get it for a long time, so I suggest you save first.

~Death~Stalker~910
10-13-2007, 02:44 AM
how do u close these thangs i gave up an moved on but...thanks 4 tha help neways guys

Mo-Nercy
10-15-2007, 02:41 AM
I scored 2 or so goals with Jecht shot then i passed the ball in between 2 players repeatedly until time finished
How? Tidus doesn't have enough HP at that stage to use 2 Jecht Shots. You'd be lucky to squeeze in 2 Sphere Shots even.

--

The first half, you HAVE to make sure Tidus gets his hand on the ball a few times at the very least. He needs to level up to be able to use Jecht Shot in the next half, you see. You may want to take a few pot shots at goal in order to do so, but be aware that Graav will restart with the ball after each successful goal and Raudy will after each failed one. It may be in your best interest to deprive the Goers of the ball entirely for the first half.

Jecht Shot takes about 30-40 seconds of animation (depending on how far out you are from goal, whether the goalie has Super Goalie [which he doesn't in this game]) so if you continue to pass around the ball until about 2:00-2:10 in the second half and then charge up and Jecht Shot, you'll get it in just in time for Wakka's return and you won't have to worry about the Goers restart.

With Wakka on field, it's you chance to either close out the game or level it (because the Goers may have scored 1 or 2 goals at the beginning of the halves, depending on whether Letty or Graav got it and whether Keepa lucks in for you xD). You'll either force it into overtime where by this stage, the Aurochs should all be Level 2-3 and be able to hold off Bickson and Abus a little better, or just win the thing. xD

I found this way is the best way to guarantee victory. I've never had a 4-0 win like some others have but I've never lost more than once which was my first time.

It's no big deal anyway. If you were to lose the Luca game and hold off on Blitzball until you get to the Moonflow/Guadosalam, you'd have recruited Ropp on the Mi'ihen Highroad, Kyou at Djose and Miyu at Moonflow and suddenly, the Aurochs kick ass (maybe Wedge at Luca too)

~Death~Stalker~910
10-15-2007, 10:02 PM
i told yall i gave up on it

Old Manus
10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
I won 5-0

I just wanted to say that because I wanted to show how awesome I am.

Jess
10-15-2007, 11:16 PM
I never won. I sucked at blitzball. :weep:

~Death~Stalker~910
10-16-2007, 12:30 AM
I won 5-0

I just wanted to say that because I wanted to show how awesome I am.
man that wuz....whats tha word....uhhh...cocky!!!!

JessI never won. I sucked at blitzball. :weep:

an same here lol

blackmage_nuke
10-16-2007, 07:10 AM
How? Tidus doesn't have enough HP at that stage to use 2 Jecht Shots. You'd be lucky to squeeze in 2 Sphere Shots even.

I mightve scored once each half. Or i might just have been thinking about another game with the albhed psyces. They were equally as annoying.

Mo-Nercy
10-16-2007, 10:22 AM

I mightve scored once each half. Or i might just have been thinking about another game with the albhed psyces. They were equally as annoying.
Can't score with Jecht Shot in the first half. Tidus isn't level 3 yet and thus cannot equip any techs.

Must've been another game.

And yes, the Psyches in early stages are the biggest pain in the arse. Just one word. Nimrook.

Heath
10-16-2007, 11:34 AM
First time I played I managed to lose 3-0 but when I actually knew what I was doing, in my second playthrough I managed win 3-1. Two goals from Tidus and one from Wakka. Can't complain. I think it's nice that it's actually challenging to win, because after a point Blitzball becomes really quite easy.

Levian
10-16-2007, 02:08 PM
I usually lose but I actually won one time :p After that blitzball soon turns into a very easy game ;o

cally777
10-17-2007, 06:31 AM
First time I was getting beat 3-0 and I was so mad I reset! The way they build the whole thing up with u supposed to b this amazing player and the Goers taunting u, and then u get pwned!

I did eventually win by being very defensive (without the JS). My best score is 3-0, revenge for that original humiliation.

:choc::choc::choc:

Cloud88
10-18-2007, 07:45 PM
I lost this one the first time i played but i've won every time since. Best record for that match is 5-0. My best record for any match though is 16-0. True!:D

Tallulah
10-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I never even try. I dislike blitzball. :mad2:

Though I do train up my characters towards the end, and recruit Biggs and Wedge (one is a great goalie!) and get all the benefits (Wakka's Overdrives, etc.) Then it gets to easy. :(