PDA

View Full Version : How can I turn off Vista's Default anti-virus :p?

Markus. D
10-12-2007, 12:08 PM
or~~~ turn off something around an auto-repair feature.

It's nulling the completion of a patch I need to play PSU :3

ps: Don't say update to XP.

psps: Please say something <3

Baloki
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Update to Linux :p

I would assume it's Windows Defener that's your issue, try looking at the options in Control Panel, else try right-clicking My Computer and see if there's a rollback feature in the properties bit?

Markus. D
10-13-2007, 12:27 AM
IceGlow walked me through all possible situations.

In the end it needed to be opened as an Admin... I mean honestly.

I WAS the only Admin AND the only account on this to begin with >__>.

Thanks though Baloki :3

crono_logical
10-13-2007, 11:04 PM
I thought Vista was meant to alleviate the need for normal users to run stuff as real admin, and it was capable of "pretending" certain bits of the filesystem in the Programs/Windows folder was changed for particular users should some program try to do such operations? Or was this one of the dropped features that didn't make it into the general release? :p

Discord
10-14-2007, 12:41 AM
I thought Vista was meant to alleviate the need for normal users to run stuff as real admin, and it was capable of "pretending" certain bits of the filesystem in the Programs/Windows folder was changed for particular users should some program try to do such operations? Or was this one of the dropped features that didn't make it into the general release? :p

If you say "it'll be even more secure than XP", it'll hardly be a lie for any OS. Where and how it is secure is far behind the scope of the general public, thus poof! and it's one feature less.:mad: