PDA

View Full Version : How do You Kill Maester Seymour's 3rd Form?

Jo_Lee
10-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey am fighting master seymour for the 3rd time and i cant beat him i have looked through walkthroughs and nothing has helped i get him down to below half then he starts using cross cleve and kills me evreytime by the time i have healed my party he does it again so he keeeps killing me does anyone now how i might be able to kill him?

Tavrobel
10-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Protect protects against Cross Cleave. If you even have 2000 HP on one character, you should be fine.

Alternatively, execute the ever-useful Aeon Overdrive tactic. This battle was designed for it. Not only do you get the free 9999 damage, but you get an extra few thousand because of the Mortivessel.

Peter_20
10-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Please hide your spoilers next time.
I'm fine, though, but newbies might get mad at your topic title.

Oh well, make sure you equip Yuna and Auron with those Zombie Ward armours that Wantz sells.
Then when Seymour Flux uses Dispel, it means Cross Cleave is coming up next.
At this moment, bring out the chars with highest HP and Defense.

Next threat is Total Annihilation; it is cast right after the message "Seymour watches... and waits...".
Make sure everyone has Shell on them, or else this attack will surely toast you.

Mirage
10-12-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't think boss strategies for 5 year old games need to be spoiler tagged. ;)

I usually go for the Aeon overdrive "strategy" too :p, or at least have them charged up as back up.

Venom65437
10-12-2007, 11:14 PM
I don't think you can call anything in this game a spoiler anymore...

qwertysaur
10-13-2007, 03:15 AM
Khimari, Tidus and Yuna also have useful Trigger Commands. Use Holy waters on anybody with Zombie Status, or Seymour will kill them with full life. Keep Haste, protect and shell on all characters. Only summon an Aeon if it's in overdrive, because Seymour with banish it on the next turn. Good luck, this boss is very hard.:)

FF kidfreak
10-13-2007, 04:05 AM
well you have to have yojimbo because once you pay him enough money he will do this move that will kill seymore instantly(or it might be his special one of the two).how to get yojimbo you ask? go to the calm lands and go down the hill that leads down to the gorge(its right before mt gazaget) head for the tunnle and then whatch the scean once its over go down the tunnle. if you need anything else like that just pm me
*Note*you have to fight LuLus first summoner she ever protected and you also have to hire yojimbo witch means you have to pay him 25000000 to 3000000 money thats all

Tavrobel
10-13-2007, 04:08 AM
Please hide your spoilers next time.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE

Oops. Little late for that.

well you have to have yojimbo because once you pay him enough money he will do this move that will kill seymore instantly(or it might be his special one of the two).how to get yojimbo you ask? go to the calm lands and go down the hill that leads down to the gorge(its right before mt gazaget) head for the tunnle and then whatch the scean once its over go down the tunnle. if you need anything else like that just pm me

And just who would actually bother, or have enough money to afford Yojimbo at this time?

Additionally, the requirements for Zanmato are deathly steep. Imagine the most money you have ever seen in your entire life. Now, stuff that memory aside and imagine that the moon were made of money. Then stuff that imagination aside, because it's still not enough. If the mass of money were as large as Jupiter, it still wouldn't be as big as yo momma enough. Maybe the mass of all of the stars in the universe, including black holes might be enough to measure the money you need to pay Yojimbo. Have I made this image accurate? Yes, I have.

I don't recall ever having Yojimbo as a "requirement" for victory.

FF kidfreak
10-13-2007, 05:44 AM
but yojimbo is a veary helpfull aeon. how do you think i killed seymore for thr 3rd time.

well it depends do you want to be kill 1000000000 times or kill seymore with one hit and save the game and continue hmm

Peter_20
10-13-2007, 10:26 AM
If a bunch of people suddenly discover this game and then read this title, they've been Spoiled.
Enough said.
I recently discovered Dragon Warrior 4 for the NES, which was released, oh, somewhere in 1990.

I'd advise you to change the topic title.

MKusanagi
10-28-2007, 04:32 AM
I dunno but the 2nd form is SOOOOO easy!

rubah
10-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Easiest way for free damage is to poison the mortibody. But since this thread was made two weeks ago, you probably don't need that information anymore.

Peter, you're a little late to worried about people spoiled for ffx. Just go back in the forum a long ways and see how many 'omg seymour's 3rd form HALP' threads there are.

ReloadPsi
10-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Protect protects against Cross Cleave. If you even have 2000 HP on one character, you should be fine.

Alternatively, execute the ever-useful Aeon Overdrive tactic. This battle was designed for it. Not only do you get the free 9999 damage, but you get an extra few thousand because of the Mortivessel.

Heheh, this. I don't know anyone who doesn't just simply do this.

~Death~Stalker~910
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
use bahamut if u can cause he does over 9999 if u trained...i thought that seymore wuz easy....i only had 2 use 1 holy water 2...neways i have yojimbo an i coulda had the magus sisters if i wanted 2...if ur that far then...u hav no worrys...i perfer 4 u 2 b able 2 do at least 3000 damage ;)

cally777
10-31-2007, 09:09 PM

I think this was the only boss that killed me first time, and because I was overconfident and didn't use aeons. If you want to get ap for everybody though, you could just block the big attacks with aeons (even though they'll get banished) and then swap the characters back in. You should have plenty of spare aeons by now.

Poison is also a good tactic. Yojimbo isn't necessary.

By the way I think spoiler tags should still sometimes be used for eg. things that happen near the end of the game.

:choc::choc::choc:

Tavrobel
10-31-2007, 09:26 PM
I think this was the only boss that killed me first time, and because I was overconfident and didn't use aeons. If you want to get ap for everybody though, you could just block the big attacks with aeons (even though they'll get banished) and then swap the characters back in. You should have plenty of spare aeons by now.

By the way I think spoiler tags should still sometimes be used for eg. things that happen near the end of the game.

Aeons don't interfere with AP gain (until you get Double and Triple AP). If anything, using Aeons increases the likelihood of Overkilling Seymour, which increases AP. There's no reason why you can't swap everyone in while Aeon Overdriving: mathcraft

9999 + 4000, Valefor
9999 + 3000, Ifrit
9999 + 2000, Ixion
9999 + 1000, Shiva
(10k+) + 1000, Bahamut

13999 + 12999 + 11999 + 10999 + 11000. That still leaves you with a few thousand left over. If other characters get one turn in between summons, then that's the first two, plus the other four in amongst the fray. That's six characters with a turn! You've fulfilled your requirements!

Also, why spoiler tag anything at this point? Do I have to tell you that Snape kills Dumbledore again? Maybe you'd be more offended if I told you Dumbledore is gay, but that makes you a homophobe. You know that this game is six years old, yes? Even then, at this point, it's not a very critical plot point. Okay, so you have to fight him; do you know why? Maybe this is a request? You simply don't know, because anyone who jumps to the conclusion "ohh, he fights you, he must be evil," is an idiot. Ignore the fact that Seymour is evil, but that's not the point. FFIIIj has a fight against Unne and Dorga, yet, they are not evil at all, their deaths had to occur.

Let's count how far you have to go in the game:
Gagazet, DZ explained
Gagazet, descent
Zanarkand, campsite
Zanarkand, road
Zanarkand, trials
Zanarkand, Yunalesca
Airship
A slew of battles
Highbridge/Bevelle
Inside Sin
Seymour IV
Inside once again
City of the Dead
BFA
Aeons

This process takes more than ten hours, one third of the game. Yet, apparently, people bitch more about Evrae, which is not even halfway through the game. But he gets no exposition. This is a six year old game! This is the internet! See the connection? I should compare this to teenagers thinking that MySpace pages are private sectors.

cally777
10-31-2007, 10:17 PM

Aeons don't interfere with AP gain (until you get Double and Triple AP). If anything, using Aeons increases the likelihood of Overkilling Seymour, which increases AP. There's no reason why you can't swap everyone in while Aeon Overdriving: mathcraft

9999 + 4000, Valefor
9999 + 3000, Ifrit
9999 + 2000, Ixion
9999 + 1000, Shiva
(10k+) + 1000, Bahamut

13999 + 12999 + 11999 + 10999 + 11000. That still leaves you with a few thousand left over. If other characters get one turn in between summons, then that's the first two, plus the other four in amongst the fray. That's six characters with a turn! You've fulfilled your requirements!

Ok I think you've proved that one (unless someone had an aeon boosted by a Crest which could do over 9999 damage, admittedly unlikely)

Also, why spoiler tag anything at this point? Do I have to tell you that Snape kills Dumbledore again? Maybe you'd be more offended if I told you Dumbledore is gay, but that makes you a homophobe. You know that this game is six years old, yes? Even then, at this point, it's not a very critical plot point. Okay, so you have to fight him; do you know why? Maybe this is a request? You simply don't know, because anyone who jumps to the conclusion "ohh, he fights you, he must be evil," is an idiot. Ignore the fact that Seymour is evil, but that's not the point. FFIIIj has a fight against Unne and Dorga, yet, they are not evil at all, their deaths had to occur.

Let's count how far you have to go in the game:
Gagazet, DZ explained
Gagazet, descent
Zanarkand, campsite
Zanarkand, road
Zanarkand, trials
Zanarkand, Yunalesca
Airship
A slew of battles
Highbridge/Bevelle
Inside Sin
Seymour IV
Inside once again
City of the Dead
BFA
Aeons

This process takes more than ten hours, one third of the game. Yet, apparently, people bitch more about Evrae, which is not even halfway through the game. But he gets no exposition. This is a six year old game! This is the internet! See the connection? I should compare this to teenagers thinking that MySpace pages are private sectors.

To be precise, I suggested using spoilers for things near the end of the game, I didn't say this was it. So your game time line wasn't necessary (and maybe should be in spoiler tags?!)

Look its no big deal but maybe if one newbie is saved from the sadness of knowing too much it will all be worth it. The fact the same info is generally available on the internet is irrelevant, because you don't have to look for it if you don't want to. Spoilers are supposed to protect the unwary, and there are several times in the past when I wished someone had used them.

:choc::choc::choc:

MKusanagi
11-05-2007, 03:33 AM
Keep posting! I need "HALP" too!