PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty: Multiplayer Error

DamselFly
10-13-2007, 06:01 PM
For some reason my Call Of Duty:game of the year edition isn't working on multiplayer. It worked for about two months but now every time I start the online mulitplayer game I get asked if I want to use safety mode because previously the game had frozen up while I was playing. The single player game works, it's just the multiplayer that fails. I'm also wondering if I might have to delete a temp file or some internet related file, in order to either have the game work again, or to reinstall it sucessfully. I have tried using it with and without safety mode on, but either way I get the same error message every time it boots up. Here's the error signature I keep getting:

AppName: codmp.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: codmp.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000499f0

I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it numerous times and ways, but every time I keep getting the same safety mode question and error. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm hooked on this game. Thanks in advance.

If you need any more information please ask.

Odaisé Gaelach
10-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I think the servercache.dat file in your CoD folder has become corrupted. Try renaming it to something else (like severcacheBACKUP.dat), and running CoD again.

DamselFly
10-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks a million. Your suggestion worked and I can finally play it again. I'm so addicted to this game. Thanks again.