PDA

View Full Version : Anima

Yiazmat
10-13-2007, 11:40 PM
Who else here thinks that Anima is awesome? Man, I think Anima , is one of the coolest things to ever be featured in a Final Fantasy game!

Captain Maxx Power
10-14-2007, 01:20 AM
Anima's cool in that sort of "Oh-my-days-it-has-bandages-and-eyes-that-shoot-lasers-and-WHATTHECRAPWHYDOES ITHAVEABOTTOMHALF" way.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-14-2007, 11:53 AM
yeh anima's cool with the insane amount of damage it does, but i don't think it is the best looking aeon. that award goes to Shiva

Renmiri
10-14-2007, 02:02 PM
I love it's design!!! It has so many mythological references ! And did you notice Seymour's mom is included in it ?

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Picday68.jpg

blackmage_nuke
10-14-2007, 02:06 PM
I like the screeching sound effects she makes

Yiazmat
10-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Of course' Shiva, is stunningly beautiful and comes in at a "very" close second! Anima, is just so freaking wicked though. The sheer size, power, and demonic design is just insane! Those teeth, eyes and that God awful screech and cry gives me cold chills.

Nifleheim7
10-14-2007, 03:13 PM
I love her overdrive!:D

rubah
10-14-2007, 03:25 PM
renmiri, I don't think the game shows her quite that closeup;D

Aside from that, how do you do your rips from this game?

ReloadPsi
10-14-2007, 04:07 PM
I renamed Anima "Paingasm". The name felt fitting.

jeo2388
10-14-2007, 05:00 PM
i love anima.. she's like, always in pain, being punished by god and stuff, so awesome

Renmiri
10-14-2007, 10:24 PM
renmiri, I don't think the game shows her quite that closeup;D

Aside from that, how do you do your rips from this game?

You need a way to make an ISO of your FFX disk, an FFX model dumper and an FFX viewer. This all takes a fair amount of HD space, like 8 GB free and a fairly recent computer (1-2 years old). I have a tutorial on how to do it if you are interested on it :)

BG-57
10-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Not just her portrait either. It's clearly the arms of Anima's Fayth wrapped around Anima's neck. The bracelets are the same as on the entombed body in Baaj Temple.

Anima is quite simply my favorite summon, period (although Diablos comes in a close second). She's scary and sad, noble and insane. Clive Barker meets H.R. Geiger. :D

Yiazmat
10-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Those are some really awesome pictures!:eek:

Heath
10-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the extra pictures, BG-57, I never actually noticed half the stuff pointed out in this thread that proved it was Seymour's mother. I always had the impression that the necklace thing that Anima wears was his mother, but never had any proof for my belief!

Anima is a ridiculously powerful Aeon that I find you just have to love. Ridiculously overpowered like the Magus Sisters, but much cooler.

BG-57
10-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Those are some really awesome pictures!:eek:

Thanks. She's enough to give you nightmares, but really cool.

Thanks for the extra pictures, BG-57, I never actually noticed half the stuff pointed out in this thread that proved it was Seymour's mother. I always had the impression that the necklace thing that Anima wears was his mother, but never had any proof for my belief!

Anima is a ridiculously powerful Aeon that I find you just have to love. Ridiculously overpowered like the Magus Sisters, but much cooler.

Anytime.

I've collected quite a few pictures of her, in addition to Anima artwork I've actually drawn. One of my treasured material possessions is the ArtFX Anima action figure.

Nifleheim7
10-15-2007, 02:55 PM
One of my treasured material possessions is the ArtFX Anima action figure.

Could you post a picture please?

Jess
10-15-2007, 05:36 PM
I fucking hated fighting the thing, but it was a good aeon. I never even noticed the necklace before.

No.78
10-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Anima is the sexiest aeon to grace Spira ever.

Seriously she's my fave summon.

I <3 her to pieces.

It's something about the whole "wink, you're dead" thing

BG-57
10-15-2007, 10:09 PM

Certainly. I couldn't get a scan on the front of the package, but the back has some good pictures.

Nifleheim7
10-15-2007, 10:32 PM

Certainly. I couldn't get a scan on the front of the package, but the back has some good pictures.

Ohhhh,very nice!I envy you!:D
I wish i had some spare money...

BG-57
10-16-2007, 01:57 AM
It was just dumb luck that I got one actually. I didn't get one when they first came out because I didn't get FFX, because some store clerk had convinced me that you couldn't play PSX games on PS2. :mad:

Two months ago someone sold their whole FFX ARTFX collection to a collectable store I frequent. All sealed in the packages too. I passed on getting Varuna and Iron Giant but I had to make Anima mine. :D

Interestingly, she's not that big. She's dwarfed by my FFVIII Omega Weapon.

Renmiri
10-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Awesome collectible!!!

* dies of envy *

:D j/k

Breine
10-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Yep, Anima is pretty awesome. I remember seeing the FMV where s/he makes his/her first appearance at the Blitzball tournament, and thinking it was pretty damn cool.