PDA

View Full Version : female or male?

.:kerrod:.
10-14-2007, 05:28 AM
alright, so i know that males are better than females at physical jobs, and the latter are better than the former at 'mage' jobs, but is there really that much of a difference? cos i wanna make my current black mage into my dark knight, seeing as knight is easier to master than black mage :mad2:

oh damn, i just realised i wanted to make it my summoner/arithmetician, DAMMIT, what should i do?!

BG-57
10-14-2007, 02:19 PM
If this version is like the PSX version, the differences in MP, HP, PA and MA aren't great. The game was sneaky in the sense that to unlock Dancer you had to master physical disciplines while to unlock Bard you had to master spellcasting jobs.

In the end I suggest a balance of males and females in the party. Females ultimately can combine some powerful perfumes with powerful weapons to create devastating effects (they can get Auto-Haste without having to equip Excalibur). Males can get better range (Move +3), so both can be helpful.

My top three nongenerics are male (Ramza, Orlandu, and Beowulf) followed by two females (Agrias and Meliadoul).

dodhungry
10-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I like the female characters just cuz I think the costume looks better with most of the jobs.

Zechs
10-15-2007, 02:31 AM
Another difference between having male and female units is that you can use the sex, zodiac sign to have a party in a kind of Zodiac alignment. It temporary increases exp, jp, stats, and effectiveness of abilities.

Gilthanes
10-16-2007, 04:36 AM
I tend to prefer making my Thief female since, at least from my own experience, I ran into more males than females in random battles and most storyline battles (aside from the fact that Miluda and Wiegraf tend to prefer all girl teams in chapter 1)

(Can only Steal Heart the opposite sex, unless they changed something in the psp release to allow homosexual thievery)

Suiko Jin
10-18-2007, 04:53 AM
I tend to make my team pretty equal. I have like 3 males and 2 main females.

VeloZer0
10-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Don't females start with 3PA and 4MA, and males 4PA and 3MA?

I thought the one point was the only difference.

Maddness66
11-07-2007, 02:16 PM
To answer the question about the Dark Knight...It may be a good idea to make a female Dark Knight, if the Dark Knight is anything like is says, I'd be willing to bet that the Dark Knight Skills will be based on MA rather than PA. So, having a Female Dark Knight would be the same reason to get a Female Samurai...to concentrate primarily on the use of skills and techniques rather than physical attacks.

Summoner/Arithmetician is a solid combo, fun for ultimate destructive powers. (**hint** get a Mime with the Summoner/Arithmetician to create ultimate destructive powara)

VeloZer0
11-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Don't know if they changed things in War of the Lions, but in the PS1 version it is PA.