PDA

View Full Version : Electroneticlove

rubah
10-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Is there a way I can live this winter without shocking myself continually on my car and on my bedframe?

Fonzie
10-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Wear wool socks.

LunarWeaver
10-14-2007, 05:59 AM
Pretend it's your superpowers acting up :pickle:

Rengori
10-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Join a monastary and protest communism.

Shiny
10-14-2007, 06:04 AM
You could light yourself on fire. Fire > Electricity

Bunny
10-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Destroy your car and walk, lazy American. Sleep in a tent.

Caraliz
10-14-2007, 06:37 AM
Don't touch anything.

blackmage_nuke
10-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Constantly touch metal things anytime you pass one like door knobs or railings or anything you see to discharge you before enough static electricity builds up to shock you. Ive made quite a habit of going around touch metal things when ever i pass them.

Also when you think you're already charged up like when you get up and havent touched something in a while, just grab your bedframe with your entire hand so the shocking pressure isnt centralised on your finger.
Same with the car, dont just touch it, palm it.

But these are just theories, and things i have made up myself and possibly deluded myself into believing. however i have been shocked alot less since i started believing these things, coincidence or not?

Alternatively you could just wear gloves or migrate south for the winter

Denmark
10-14-2007, 08:51 AM
well, you could do something so bad that your parents would punish you and not let you do anything fun for the entire winter.

you know, get grounded.

Madame Adequate
10-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Don't be some sort of electrical conduit?

rubah
10-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Destroy your car and walk, lazy American. Sleep in a tent.

The only times I drive are if I'm going somewhere other than classes (ex. physics lab, because that's after dark and I don't want to get raped :(((()

Denffe, my parents have never grounded me and I don't think they're going to start now!

I guess I get to be an compulsive metal toucher! (what blackmage_nuke said is pretty much exactly what my dad has always told me, I just kinda hoped it wasn't the only way!)

"Hey can I touch your watch?"

MKusanagi
10-16-2007, 04:01 AM
Maybe you should just accept it and buy them dinner.

Bunny
10-16-2007, 04:07 AM
The only times I drive are if I'm going somewhere other than classes (ex. physics lab, because that's after dark and I don't want to get raped :(((()

This is what we here in America call a "likely excuse".

Araciel
10-16-2007, 04:12 AM
Wear a Q-ray bracelet.. They can do anything.

Madame Adequate
10-16-2007, 04:23 AM
Every time I see this thread title I think it's about robot sex. ;_;

fire_of_avalon
10-16-2007, 04:24 AM
Robot sex would be the most painful thing ever.

Madame Adequate
10-16-2007, 04:26 AM
Robot sex would be the most painful amazing thing ever.

you made a mistake megan but i have fixed it for you because i am nice that way but i couldnt let a mistake like that go unnoted because it was a really serious mistake you know?

Rengori
10-16-2007, 04:27 AM

you made a mistake megan but i have fixed it for you because i am nice that way but i couldnt let a mistake like that go unnoted because it was a really serious mistake you know?

No, she's right, but you're right too. :jokey:

NeoTifa
10-16-2007, 04:42 AM
...dont just touch it, palm it....

ewwwwwwwww dirty pervert jkjkjk:love:

ground urself

MKusanagi
10-16-2007, 05:45 AM

Hey you know we're already doing it! And the best part is you don't have to be a robot. Scene as follows:
38 Seconds Later...
Man: that was great! Oh! Time for work!

Every time I see this thread title I think it's about robot sex. ;_;

"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto"?

rubah
10-16-2007, 06:00 AM
Hey, it makes me think of daft punk's Digital Love and goldfrapp's Strict Machine, so hey~~~

MKusanagi
10-16-2007, 06:03 AM
Oh let's not stop there, the Stepford Wives are pretty damn good, too.

Captain Maxx Power
10-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Is there a way I can live this winter without shocking myself continually on my car and on my bedframe?

Coat yourself in plastic.

rubah
10-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Hmm. That reminds me of a proposal I made for how you could <a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/index.php?page=satire">Avoid Paper Cuts</a>

Peegee
10-16-2007, 04:29 PM
lol at responses.

Static shock is usually caused by a combination of things, but a 'fix' for it is to spray your clothes with a mist of water (it keeps your clothes moist, since dry weather aids (not the disease you perverts) static buildup).

Jess
10-16-2007, 05:08 PM
wrap your jumper round your hand whilst opening the car door.

Levian
10-16-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm not so good with sayings and stuff, but try one of these:

1. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
2. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Resha
10-16-2007, 07:15 PM
It reminds of Daft Punk too ;D And I say -- enjoy it. I always get a major thrill (SHOCK HAHA jk -_- man I suck) when I get a wintery electric shock. Which is not often in my season-less land. So yeah.

MKusanagi
10-17-2007, 05:18 AM
I'm not so good with sayings and stuff, but try one of these:

1. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
2. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Here's another few:
1. Something's rotten in the state of Denmark.
2. This is my son's village. We are deep in the mountains, and the winter is coming. You cannot escape.

Lucavi Rocks
10-17-2007, 05:31 AM
The easy answer is to wear less electric conductive clothing. I am not sure how much of your clothing is just cotton and/or rubber however. So when in doubt go commando! Use moisturizers to keep your skin from drying out too 'cause dry skin can increase the likelihood of static shock too. Basically stay naked and wet and then you will only have to worry about electric shocks from radios in bathtubs.

rubah
10-17-2007, 05:34 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hsu, you wanna go on a date?~~~~~`

MKusanagi
10-17-2007, 05:36 AM
and wet and then you will only have to worry about electric shocks from radios in bathtubs.
That'd be a way to get shocking news. Anyway, radios are very dangerous. If you have to take a bath then you must do so while the radio is looking the other way. I am only looking out for all of you and radios are extremely dangerous. But I say this only because I know if I left you all to your own devices there would be a power outage from San Fransisco to Amsterdam.

NeoTifa
10-19-2007, 07:11 PM
...Basically stay naked and wet...

:bigsmile: :chuckle: