PDA

View Full Version : No One Above Sephiroth...

Forsaken Lover
10-14-2007, 07:27 AM
Apparently this is a quote by one of the creators. That Sephiroth is the top of FF7.

Anyway, apparently fans interpret this quote to mean Sephiroth can beat anyone in FF7. That he's as strong as Omega and as fast as Chaos Vincent.

But doesn't DoC come out AFTER this quote is said?

Tallulah
10-14-2007, 12:03 PM
I have no idea what you're on about, so go away...

Uh, what I mean is, Sephiroth, although he was modified as a super soldier, is ultimately human, and has frailties and weaknesses like anyone else. So whilst eh vannot be beaten by any normal person, Cloud managed it. A few times.

theundeadhero
10-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Was it a recent quote, or something from the 1990s?

ReloadPsi
10-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Or rather, do they mean plotwise?

Forsaken Lover
10-14-2007, 04:52 PM
"Kitase said that Sephiroth's existence and will is extremely powerful. There is nothing stronger, nothing above him. We had a difficult time deciding on the reason why Sephiroth would appear. Originally there was an idea that the three silver haired men would unite together (and form Sephiroth) but we rejected it because it would be too comical. Kadaj had to be approached in a different way from Sephiroth. I wanted him to be intelligent and cruel, but innocent at the same time, a mentally unstable character."

"Zack was chosen as the main character as a representative of a BC era SOLDIER. Sephiroth is already the strongest in the world so there's no room for growth, and we couldn't possibly see ourselves making a game over type situation where he loses"

BG-57
10-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Could you cite the source for these quotes?

I don't have a problem with the creators saying this, if they said it. Sephiroth may well be the most powerful entity in existence at the time of these games, but strength does not equal invincibility.