PDA

View Full Version : Materia Question

tyxXx
10-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Hello, im about 11 hours into FFVII and loving it, but something is bothering me about materia that i cant put my finger on. Tifa has the cure materia and attached to the linked slot next to it i have an All materia. Now, usually it works in battles but the odd time the All effect wont be available right in the middle of battle although its equipped. What i want to know is why does this happen and is it because its like not leveled or what.

blackmage_nuke
10-14-2007, 07:39 AM
It's because its not leveled. If its level 1 you can only use cure all once per battle, when its level 2 you can use it twice and so forth.

ReloadPsi
10-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Also (and it's unlikely that you're doing this, but hey) you can toggle the "All" effect by pressing R1 while selecting targets. It's probably just your Materia's level though like nuke said.

Masamunemaster
10-14-2007, 08:27 AM
That happened to me alot before I found out about the whole level thing, thats all you need, but don't get to attached to all of your all materias(You all know what I mean)

Tallulah
10-14-2007, 12:06 PM
A Mastered all materia wll give you infinite use of the All function, but it is tempting to sell at 1.5million gil, or thereabouts. (I haven't played FFVII for ages)

Carl the Llama
10-16-2007, 09:59 AM
if you want a decent cure spell then you should try to get the White Wind, to get this spell you need to have an Enemy Skill and a Manipulate (the latter you can get one Cait Sith joins your party) then you need to go back to the area just outside Junon and run into random battles untill you encounter the Zemzelette (think thats how its spelt) and Manipulate him, he will have the spell just cast it on yourself and shzam, you have it.

White Wind is best used by the person with the highest amount of HP for the way it works is it takes the current hp of the caster and restors all of it to all 3 charcters.

Breine
10-16-2007, 10:07 AM
It's because its not leveled. If its level 1 you can only use cure all once per battle, when its level 2 you can use it twice and so forth.

Yes. Just level up your materia and master your Alls.. It's gonna take some time, but you'll love yourself for doing it.

Heath
10-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Monetary value aside, I've always found All materia to be useful enough for me to be using at least one or two even on disc three. Cure-All provides a nice ability to heal everyone at once until you manage to get White Wind. I find enemy skill with it's multi-target elemental skills (Brine, Beta, etc) tend to limit my usage of the All materia because it's using up an extra slot. All the same, it's well worth levelling up for monetary value or for actual usage.

anima_griever
11-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Monetary value aside, I've always found All materia to be useful enough for me to be using at least one or two even on disc three. Cure-All provides a nice ability to heal everyone at once until you manage to get White Wind. I find enemy skill with it's multi-target elemental skills (Brine, Beta, etc) tend to limit my usage of the All materia because it's using up an extra slot. All the same, it's well worth levelling up for monetary value or for actual usage.

I believe the multi-target elemental skill referred to above was meant to be "Trine". Brine is water with salt in in, isn't it?

cloud21zidane16
11-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Just do what everyone else said this also goes the same for spells like bolt, ice, fire etc.