PDA

View Full Version : Staff Simulation: Choose a Mod!

Loony BoB
10-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Hello, fake-staffers. Here is a list of who is in your fake-staff team. I will start calling this team the EoFF Council from now on.

EoFF Council
~*~Celes~*~
Baloki
Bert
Bunny
Burtsplurt
Captain Maxx Power
demondude55
Denmark
Dyslexicon
Evastio
ff7+ff10 gurl 100
Goldenboko
I Don't Need A Name
JerseyMage
Lekana
Masamunemaster
Mirage
Old Manus
Poetically Pathetic
qwertyxsora
Rengori
Rye
Sagensyg
Sergeant Hartman
Shauna
Tavrobel
The Fonz
Tsukasa

Now, this is fairly straight-forward in rules and objectives, but not nearly as easy to do as it is to type up.

You are to choose a member from the memberlist that you all agree is the most deserving to be a Cid's Knight.
Members of the EoFF Council and members of the existing Forums Staff team are unable to be selected.
You should pick a member that you feel will compliment the existing Forums Staff team, not one that will compliment the EoFF Council.
You are all capable of using a veto to stop someone from being chosen. You can use this veto power as often as you like, however it should always be backed up with a reason why they should NOT be a Cid's Knight.
You must obey the rules of General Chat, which may make things a bit difficult in that you will not be able to insult anyone. :p Stick to facts and be considerate of each other and your fellow members at EoFF.
In the case of a EoFF Council member making things difficult by vetoing anyone and everyone (or something similar), I may step in and remove them from the Council.
You can ask me for specific statistics and if I can provide them, I will.
You can step down from the group at any time.
You have two weeks.
If certain members stop posting and you are therefore unable to get everyone to agree on a new Knight, you can start a "24 hour check" in which if nobody rejects the suggestion the 24 hour check is in place for, it will be considered that all other members are in agreement. The moment someone rejects the suggested member within that 24 hours, the 24 hour check is cancelled and you must get back to discussing who you feel should be a Cid's Knight.

This is a test of co-operation and compromise. If you can't do either of these two things then you will probably have some trouble doing this.

People not in either the EoFF Council or the existing Forums Staff who post in this thread will have their posts deleted.

demondude
10-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I reckon denmark would do the job well.

Loony BoB
10-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Denmark is on the Council and therefore is unable to be chosen.

Necronopticous
10-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Legendary first reply.

Burtsplurt
10-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Should we just nominate people to start with?

I'd choose edzxcvbnm. He's been around for years and he knows the rules (largely because he's broken most of them, but hey!). He'd also add a bit of spice to the staff.

demondude
10-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Fine then.

Jessweeeeee

EDIT: Renmiri helps a lot of people and I think she would be a great role-model as a cids knight.

Miriel
10-14-2007, 10:59 AM
BoB, I think this is one of your greatest ideas ever. I can't wait to see how this goes. Especially considering there's 28 of 'em. Heheheee. :p

Baloki
10-14-2007, 11:15 AM
So we're not using this as an excuse to bring Xander and JoJo back :p?

I Don't Need A Name
10-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Should we just nominate people to start with?

I'd choose edzxcvbnm. He's been around for years and he knows the rules (largely because he's broken most of them, but hey!). He'd also add a bit of spice to the staff.

Yeah, i would go to agree with that yeah.
are we allowed to pic Recognised members?

Necronopticous
10-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Of course.

Old Manus
10-14-2007, 11:36 AM
I feel like we're having a secret meeting!

Sergeant Hartman
10-14-2007, 12:17 PM
inb4wedonotgrantyoutherankofmaster.

Comet
10-14-2007, 12:27 PM
GoldenBoko of course.

I Don't Need A Name
10-14-2007, 12:33 PM
GoldenBoko of course.

i thought the idea was to have someone reliable

demondude
10-14-2007, 12:37 PM
goldenboko is on the council anyway unfortunetly.

I Don't Need A Name
10-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Ahhh, thats true.
I would still say edzxcvbnm. Selecting him would relate to the conspiricy theorys that the staff just choose the spammers to become CKs to stop them giving the staff a hard time :D
or possibly Xander just cause the CKs need more pandas

Rye
10-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Xander was a CK though, and she quit, and I don't think she's interested in coming back.

Dare I say Breine to be a possibility? He's been here for as long as I can remember and he seems genuinely helpful and rather easy going. :] Any examples of him not being so?

Denmark
10-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Is Breine still active though? I haven't seen him doing much. Which is of course slightly sad since he's the only person I've ever known who's actually FROM Denmark.

How about DK? He's always done a lot for the forums, he's been around for a long time, he's active, he's a sexy beast, and he could keep BoB in line.

Lawr
10-14-2007, 02:10 PM
If he wasn't already part if this Council, I would have said Tavrobel.
So I guess I'll go with DK?

EDIT
You posted before me!

Rye
10-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Is Breine still active though? I haven't seen him doing much. Which is of course slightly sad since he's the only person I've ever known who's actually FROM Denmark.

How about DK? He's always done a lot for the forums, he's been around for a long time, he's active, he's a sexy beast, and he could keep BoB in line.

Breine is pretty active! I see his posts rather often, I think. Could you check the stats, maybe, BawB?

I Don't Need A Name
10-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Breine is a good choice
what about considering Crossblades. He is always giving info on games and the like

Lawr
10-14-2007, 02:42 PM
But BG-57 gives advice and help on games. And he is pretty active in the Tactics-esque related forums.

Old Manus
10-14-2007, 02:49 PM
And nowhere else really.

I Don't Need A Name
10-14-2007, 03:13 PM
theres so many people D=

rubah
10-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Extra incentive to decide on your mod:

Psychotic has been spamming up all the forums and nothing you can do will make him stop! But he's a cid's knight so you can't ban him, so how do you deal?!

(this is just me wanting to post in this thread :yellowkin )

Lawr
10-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, but Crossblades just makes threads. His last post was in September. Maybe he would be better doing something on the front site.

theundeadhero
10-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Maybe he would be better doing something on the front site.
You're not debating who can be Site Staff. That's an entirely different situation.

(I hope Old Manus doesn't edit my posts)

Burtsplurt
10-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I think Breine would be a good choice. Active and helpful. He does like Kill Bill, which a bit of a downer. Also, I think we need more Europeans.

Psychotic has been spamming up all the forums and nothing you can do will make him stop! But he's a cid's knight so you can't ban him, so how do you deal?!

I'd prefer a hypothetical situation to work on, but hey!

Denmark
10-14-2007, 03:48 PM

Answer: promote him to administrator.

Yeah, staff that post in all the forums are nice, but ideally one would be most active in General Chat, as most of ours are. Antisocial staff = not fun.

demondude mentioned Jesweee[note] and Renmiri but gave no reason why, other than His divine opinion. If we can compile a short list we can maybe get this done in less than a week and show the current staff how much better we are at this than they are! And then get horribly embarrassed when they tell us how wrong we really are. Keep throwing those ideas out there! (I have no more so this post is really just filler but it's me trying to organize something so hurrah?)

Loony BoB
10-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Breine is pretty active! I see his posts rather often, I think. Could you check the stats, maybe, BawB?

Breine - Member 7356 - Posts this year

General Chat 502 (41st most active poster in General Chat this year)
Eyes on Each Other 73
Final Fantasy VII 8
Final Fantasy VIII 5
Final Fantasy IX 5
Final Fantasy X 4
General Final Fantasy 4
General Gaming Discussion 58
The Lounge 175
General Archive 1
Eyes On YOU Archive 1
EoFF Archived Awards 31
Final Fantasy XII 1
Heart (and Body) of the Kingdom of Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children 2
Final Fantasy XIII 1

You guys haven't even tapped the surface of what stats I can pull out for you. :)

qwertysaur
10-14-2007, 05:01 PM
I agree that Renmiri would be a great CK. She might not be the most active around general chat, but she is very helpful around the other forums, and she is dedicated to this site.a responsible person.

Baloki
10-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Top 50 posters in GC plz :O?

Loony BoB
10-14-2007, 05:04 PM
This year...

Bunny
Dyslexicon
The Fonz
oddler
Harle-Quin
Rengori
Psychotic
Bert
Goldenboko
Jessweeee♪
rubah
Old Manus
Agrias
Pureghetto
demondude55
Nominus Experse
Rye
Sergeant Hartman
bipper
Jojee
Iceglow
Christmas
ShlupQuack
Jowy
Rocket Edge
Jess
Mirage
Roto13
Levian
I'm my own MILF
theundeadhero
Yamaneko
Polaris
Zeldy
fire_of_avalon
Lekana
Tavrobel
TyphoonThaReapa
Renmiri
Shiny
Breine
Meat Puppet
yanis
Hambone
Evastio
Resha
Cim
Loony BoB
Poetically Pathetic
Sagensyg

In that order.

I Don't Need A Name
10-14-2007, 05:13 PM
top posters in the FF area please?

Loony BoB
10-14-2007, 05:15 PM
I can only do it by individual forum, but I have some stats that include every forum there is for a recent six month period somewhere if that will do.

EDIT: It would probably be more suitable, too, as some gaming forums already have quite a bit of staff presence while others have far less.

Rye
10-14-2007, 05:17 PM
demondude mentioned Jesweee[note] and Renmiri but gave no reason why, other than His divine opinion. If we can compile a short list we can maybe get this done in less than a week and show the current staff how much better we are at this than they are! And then get horribly embarrassed when they tell us how wrong we really are. Keep throwing those ideas out there! (I have no more so this post is really just filler but it's me trying to organize something so hurrah?)

Yeah, I think that's a good idea. Make a short list, then debate each one, cut down the list, until we have someone. =]

Goldenboko
10-14-2007, 05:23 PM
My choice would have to be Renmiri, she always seems reliable enough, visits the site often, but most importantly I feel that she would be a good decision maker, and would be fair, unlike 75% of the members here :rolleyes2

GoldenBoko of course.

I can be reliable, I'm annoying, but that doesn't make me not reliable :P But it twas not to be because...

goldenboko is on the council anyway unfortunetly.

EDIT- 8 people post more then me in General Chat, so start making fun of them for being annoying annoying and stop making fun of me =p

Captain Maxx Power
10-14-2007, 05:25 PM

Postage count, in GC or otherwise, shouldn't be that much of a factor. Yes being active is necessary, but it should be quality over quantity. Anyone can spam threads with nonsense and not really contribute that much. Anyone remember a certain individual called Devilman?

I agree that Renmiri would be a great CK. She might not be the most active around general chat, but she is very helpful around the other forums, and she is dedicated to this site.a responsible person.

Renmiri is on my short-list as well.

Yeah, but Crossblades just makes threads. His last post was in September. Maybe he would be better doing something on the front site.

Crossblades does quite a bit in terms of "scooping", but that's about it. In terms of being "in power", I don't know how reliable he would be.

GoldenBoko of course.

Seems to be the way to go.

How shall we go about deciding this? We all put in a list of people, and whoever the top five are we then go to a vote? I think all of us just randomly suggesting people won't work very well. Let's get some structure.

escobert
10-14-2007, 05:28 PM

Breine - Member 7356 - Posts this year

General Chat 502 (41st most active poster in General Chat this year)
Eyes on Each Other 73
Final Fantasy VII 8
Final Fantasy VIII 5
Final Fantasy IX 5
Final Fantasy X 4
General Final Fantasy 4
General Gaming Discussion 58
The Lounge 175
General Archive 1
Eyes On YOU Archive 1
EoFF Archived Awards 31
Final Fantasy XII 1
Heart (and Body) of the Kingdom of Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children 2
Final Fantasy XIII 1

You guys haven't even tapped the surface of what stats I can pull out for you. :)

dude, that's awesome!

Uh yeah, I wouldn't have any objection with Breine.

qwertysaur
10-14-2007, 05:29 PM
BoB, could we get Renmiri's stats?

Goldenboko
10-14-2007, 05:30 PM

Postage count, in GC or otherwise, shouldn't be that much of a factor. Yes being active is necessary, but it should be quality over quantity. Anyone can spam threads with nonsense and not really contribute that much. Anyone remember a certain individual called Devilman?

Renmiri is on my short-list as well.

Crossblades does quite a bit in terms of "scooping", but that's about it. In terms of being "in power", I don't know how reliable he would be.

GoldenBoko of course.

Seems to be the way to go.

How shall we go about deciding this? We all put in a list of people, and whoever the top five are we then go to a vote? I think all of us just randomly suggesting people won't work very well. Let's get some structure.

I think us calling out some names is a necessary step to see get some ideas out there, then we can make a big list and start crossing names out seeing as the vote should be unanimous.

Tavrobel
10-14-2007, 05:31 PM
So far, I think that Crossblades or Renmiri would make good CKs. They post actively in the gaming forums, and are generally well informed members. I've a bit of a concern that they don't visit the General sections of the forums enough. Also, there's no guarantee that they would moderate actively. They don't seem the hammer type.

I'd go with Breine, too, but he doesn't post at all in the gaming forums. He has less than 10 in each one.

I Don't Need A Name
10-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Suggestions so far:
edzxcvbnm
Jessweeeeee
Renmiri
Breine
DK
BG-57
Crossblades

so how are we gonna narrow it down when we have finished suggesting people?

Tavrobel
10-14-2007, 05:37 PM
By merit?

Goldenboko
10-14-2007, 05:38 PM
I think it should be someone we all agree on, and if there is one person who doesn't agree the entire idea is trashed.

Rye
10-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Suggestions so far:
edzxcvbnm
Jessweeeeee
Renmiri
Breine
DK
BG-57
Crossblades

so how are we gonna narrow it down when we have finished suggesting people?

We should probably come up with a list of 4 or 5 "key" things that are needed in a staff member. Then we compare with posts and such, the people on the list, to see who would fit, and who would not, and we knock the people who don't match enough of these key proponents off the list.

Tavrobel
10-14-2007, 05:45 PM
I think it should be someone we all agree on, and if there is one person who doesn't agree the entire idea is trashed.

That's how it works in the real Staff.

escobert
10-14-2007, 05:49 PM
OMFG DAN! <3

Loony BoB
10-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Find attached something that could help out (provided you have something capable of opening xls files).

Yamaneko
10-14-2007, 05:58 PM
They don't need us babysitting them. If they want stats BoB can post it, otherwise leave 'em alone. The process will be more authentic that way.

JerseyMage
10-14-2007, 06:00 PM
I think a good candidate should have demonstrated:
1. Responsibility
2. A desire to take on administrative duties

1 is pretty obvious, and I think 2 is important because someone who wants to take on the job will perform better than a reluctant person.

demondude
10-14-2007, 06:10 PM
I would just like to point out that I'm the second most active member according to BoBs list.

Goldenboko
10-14-2007, 06:13 PM
I would just like to point out that I'm the second most active member according to BoBs list.

Thats exactly why you SHOULDN'T be a mod :shifty:

I Don't Need A Name
10-14-2007, 06:21 PM

who says this is a good thing?

so yeah, backing up our choices:
edzxcvbnm - He's an active member who has been around a long time. he knows the rules and EoFF pretty well
downside: not very many posts in the final fantasy forums. still doesnt mean he doesnt visit them though

Loony BoB
10-14-2007, 06:25 PM
They don't need us babysitting them. If they want stats BoB can post it, otherwise leave 'em alone. The process will be more authentic that way.
You guys never ask me for stats anyway. :p I just give 'em.

Of course, I've only provided them with stats they've asked for so ar (or as close to what they asked for as I could provide).

Bunny
10-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Why is my name on the list?

God dammit, I have to start reading threads before I post in them. ffs

LunarWeaver
10-14-2007, 06:33 PM
If Cz, Slade, and Sephex were around more I would say them :|

Instead I'll just support ed because he humors me and I imagine his thread-closing statements would all be in caps.

escobert
10-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Cz is around, another good choice.

Captain Maxx Power
10-14-2007, 07:12 PM
*looks at stats*

The Fonz really needs to get out more.

Momiji
10-14-2007, 07:37 PM
I would personally pick edzxcvbnm. He's active, funny, sarcastic, and I think he'd do well in a position of authority.

Shlup
10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I thought you were going to give them their own fake staff forum. This is less fun.

Freya
10-14-2007, 11:07 PM
I do have to agree with edzxcvbnm as one of the choices but not so much briene, i haven't seen him much.

I do agree that we shouldn't base it on GC activity but that needs to be looked at a little bit, many of our members visit the general section. It's a front for any new members. If we have any member that's friendly in GC then that could help.

Tavrobel
10-15-2007, 12:39 AM
Any mod would eventually have to visit GC at one point or another. What they DON'T have to do is visit the gaming forums, which are a massive mess; therefore, someone who is inclined to gaming should be considered.

Lawr
10-15-2007, 02:10 AM
These are the people I took from the list BoB gave us and I got rid of the names of people on the Council. Later, I might try to see if anyone has equal visits to the Gaming and General Sections.

oddler
Harle-Quin
Jessweeee
Agrias
Pureghetto
Nominus Experse
bipper
Jojee
Iceglow
Christmas
Jowy
Rocket Edge
Jess
Roto13
I'm my own MILF
Polaris
Zeldy
TyphoonThaReapa
Renmiri
Shiny
Breine
Meat Puppet
yanis
Hambone
Evastio
Resha
Cim

Not really in a specific order.

Tavrobel
10-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Nice.

I'm all for MILF, Nominus, Roto13, and Shiny for CK-ship. I'd have to ponder about the others.

Denmark
10-15-2007, 02:30 AM
New (from that list, but have not been heretofore mentioned) that I would consider:
Jowy, Jess, Roto13. All are respected members (not exactly a requirement, but it doesn't hurt), quite active, NOT from California (Cid, Shlup, Murder, Miriel, Yams, Necronopticous, kikimm, maybe more [just because i don't know where the rest are from]. we get it.), would be folks I'd think would enforce the rules effectively, and I know at least Jowy ventures outside the realm of General. (I'm too lazy to look at the stats.)

Momiji
10-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Yeah...come to think of it, Jowy would be pretty good as well...

Evastio
10-15-2007, 04:15 AM
The people that I think would make good CKs are Jojee (if she's allowed to be a CK), Jowy, Shiny, Bert, Rye, Breine, Meat Puppet, Hambone, yanis, Vincent, Thunder God, Cim, Resha, Poetically Pathetic, and myself. They're all serious enough for the job and they come here often enough. I may have missed a few people though.

Behold the Void
10-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Reminder: those of you in this thread, pretend you're CKs for this thread discussing a new CK, thus, you don't need to bring yourself up since you're already "it" so to speak.

Masamunemaster
10-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Someone who has there own website, or has any kind of programming experience would also be a good choice for they have some kind of past that could help the CKs. So BoB do you think you could get us a list of these people?

Baloki
10-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Cks don't work on the front site, nor do they do anything fancy with the forums so they don't need to know jack about coding :)

Old Manus
10-15-2007, 10:35 AM
We need to show our diverse credentials by employing Typhoon, imho.

Mirage
10-15-2007, 12:28 PM
I think Renmiri would be a good choice. She seems responsible and fair, and she's fairly active too.

Momiji
10-15-2007, 06:56 PM
I think that Renmiri would also be a good choice, even though I would say edzxcvbnm is most qualified.

Burtsplurt
10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Renmiri or ed, both are good choices. I'd go for ed if pushed, just because he's become an upstanding dude over the years. I don't think the staff were too fond of him when I first joined.

Evastio
10-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Renmiri would probably make a good CK so she'd be a good idea. As for ed, he might be a good CK if he can be serious enough when he's doing his job.

Reminder: those of you in this thread, pretend you're CKs for this thread discussing a new CK, thus, you don't need to bring yourself up since you're already "it" so to speak.
Oh. Okay. This makes it quite a bit easier.

Denmark
10-15-2007, 10:52 PM
So how many people have been mentioned multiple times by different people? From what I can find/deduce (mentioned by at least two people):

Breine
Jowy
Renmiri
edczxcvbnm
DK
Roto13

objections? amendments? i think we can get down to brass tacks and start debating about each of these individually.

Rye
10-15-2007, 10:55 PM
So how many people have been mentioned multiple times by different people? From what I can find/deduce (mentioned by at least two people):

Breine
Jowy
Renmiri
edczxcvbnm
DK
Roto13

objections? amendments? i think we can get down to brass tacks and start debating about each of these individually.

I love Roto to death, but he and the staff just don't fit, and he's too busy to take the responsibility anyway.

Baloki
10-15-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm not keen on a large proportion of recommendations so far, oh well theres still time :O

Mirage
10-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Well yeah, we shouldn't CK someone who doesn't have time to do the job properly :p.

Freya
10-15-2007, 11:16 PM
I'd say bipper cause he can have valuable imput but he's often very busy. And jowy could be a canidate to, cept i have't seen jowy much i dont think.

Tavrobel
10-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Jowy's somewhat active in the Gaming Forums. I haven't checked his stats, though. I'm against DK becoming a CK, because as you all should know, he was gone for quite a while. Not only that, he's got EoY to deal with.

Plus, I'll veto him if anyone considers it further.

Captain Maxx Power
10-15-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm not keen on a large proportion of recommendations so far, oh well theres still time :O

Don't be so whiny. If you're so upset make your own suggestions. Personally I'm going to see which other people nominate since most of the people who I would choose already have powers of responsibility, great or otherwise.

Tavrobel
10-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Don't be so whiny. If you're so upset make your own suggestions.

I say we should CK Maxx Power, but the necessity of this appointment would be so redundant that it's incredibly painful and obvious. Try suggesting someone, Baloki. There's no need to complain all the time.

Lawr
10-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Yeah, Baloki. Now or never! :P

Tavrobel
10-16-2007, 02:38 AM
By unanimous consent, we, the EoFF Council have chosen KoShiatar.

I was informed that our decision would not actually make the new CK. REBELLION

Freya
10-16-2007, 02:39 AM
REBELLION!

theundeadhero
10-16-2007, 02:41 AM
*Squashes rebellion*

Tavrobel
10-16-2007, 02:43 AM
*Squashes rebellion*

BtV I love you giving me poetic license.

Evastio
10-16-2007, 03:14 AM

Breine
Jowy
Renmiri
edczxcvbnm
DK
Roto13

DK, Roto13, and Breine have been quite busy lately so they probably won't be able to moderate much. The others will probably make good candidates though.

Masamunemaster
10-16-2007, 05:11 AM
I would go with Jowy, but what about the people that aren't known as well, but are slowly getting on the rise?

escobert
10-16-2007, 05:38 AM

Breine
Jowy
Renmiri
edczxcvbnm
DK
Roto13

DK, Roto13, and Breine have been quite busy lately so they probably won't be able to moderate much. The others will probably make good candidates though.

Jowy isn't around much lately also. I think Cz would be a great choice. he's been active, a lowkey member but everyone knows him. He's also a pretty good member who doesn't cause trouble :p

Araciel
10-16-2007, 05:57 AM

(this is just me wanting to post in this thread :yellowkin )

Ignore him till he gets bored and stops. So far it's not working.

Baloki
10-16-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm complaining because only a few of you are actually coming up with suggestions, so far most of you have had BoB do most of the work for you, we're playing a game and in this game we're supposed to be the CK's, it's our elitist club so we're supposed to invite people we get on with, talk to often and trust, not pick someone from a list of top 50 posters in GC BoB posted for us. If we did that we might as well be voting for the MLT Become a CK in the ciddies...

As for suggestions I think ed would be a good choice, I'd also like to nominate Raistlin as it'd be nice to have someone back on staff who really gets Slups goat up :)

Araciel
10-16-2007, 10:08 AM
In that case, and I just realized this myself, I have no business in here. I really don't pay enough attention to make a solid, informed opinion on who I would choose.

Captain Maxx Power
10-16-2007, 10:38 AM
As I said before, either the people I would vote for in the past are already CKs, or they're part of this thread so I can't really go ahead and nominate them since we can't select people in this thread. Of the people who have been suggested I'm leaning towards Renmiri due to a consistently good posting record, and I just feel they'd be a good person to put into a position of authority.

Rye
10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
I second Cz, I'm sad that I didn't think of him myself.

Bunny
10-16-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm my own MILF wipes the floor with all of them. If you were to pair him with Quin, you would have a crime fighting detective team that is both unstoppable and undeniably handsome. The pants of ladies would melt away with their immense sexiness.

rubah
10-16-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm complaining because only a few of you are actually coming up with suggestions, so far most of you have had BoB do most of the work for you, we're playing a game and in this game we're supposed to be the CK's, it's our elitist club so we're supposed to invite people we get on with, talk to often and trust, not pick someone from a list of top 50 posters in GC BoB posted for us. If we did that we might as well be voting for the MLT Become a CK in the ciddies...

As for suggestions I think ed would be a good choice, I'd also like to nominate Raistlin as it'd be nice to have someone back on staff who really gets Slups goat up :)

Looking at concrete activity stats is actually pretty helpful :p It provides a good starting place you can branch out from.

Denmark
10-17-2007, 06:36 AM
how about az

dammit.

Alright let's get to making a decision before they CK all of our potentials!

Captain Maxx Power
10-17-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm my own MILF wipes the floor with all of them. If you were to pair him with Quin, you would have a crime fighting detective team that is both unstoppable and undeniably handsome. The pants of ladies would melt away with their immense sexiness.

Of course, MILFNESS! Who else has that right capacity for awesome? Well, me possibly, but His Royal MILFNESS comes a close second.

When we get round to voting, my tick is next to MILF. :up:

Rye
10-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I second MILFy. <3

qwertysaur
10-17-2007, 08:14 PM
So the current list is

Breine
Jowy
Renmiri
edczxcvbnm
DK
Roto13
Cz
I'm my own MILF

any other nominations?

Shauna
10-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Sorry not been around much. ^_^;

But, I like the nominations you've all made thus far. Cz and MILF especially. :D

Evastio
10-18-2007, 10:30 PM
any other nominations?
For some reason I'm thinking we should give Baloki a chance.

Markus. D
10-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Baloki~ Jowy~

It's a win win situation :3

Baloki
10-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Baloki is a loser and I'll have none of this talk!~

Lawr
10-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Baloki is on the Council d00ds~

Denmark
10-18-2007, 11:35 PM
i personally believe we should get down to deliberating. any takers?

Captain Maxx Power
10-19-2007, 12:01 AM
i personally believe we should get down to deliberating. any takers?

Like I said before my vote is firmly placed beside the MILFmeister.

I Don't Need A Name
10-19-2007, 03:18 PM
VOTING LIST

Breine
Jowy
Renmiri - qwertyxsora, Sagensyg, Mirage
edczxcvbnm
DK
Roto13
Cz - I Don't Need A Name, Poetically Pathetic, Shauna
I'm my own MILF - Captain Maxx Power, Denmark, Rye, JerseyMage, Tavrobel

ok then, get voting guys.
My vote is on Cz

are we gonna narrow it down to 2 then try and get a full decision?

Baloki
10-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Where's Raistlin in that list?

Denmark
10-19-2007, 05:34 PM
right where he belongs: not on the list.

I'ma cast this preliminary vote for MILF.

I Don't Need A Name
10-21-2007, 06:03 PM
ok, so no one wants to vote xD

Evastio
10-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Wait, so we have to narrow the list down to a few people?

theundeadhero
10-21-2007, 06:38 PM
You can only pick one. Only one week left, and you're not even to the hard part.

I Don't Need A Name
10-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Wait, so we have to narrow the list down to a few people?

yeah, i think we are gonna use the 2 or 3 people with the most votes and decide amongst us

Momiji
10-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Okay after thinking about it, Cz has my vote. =D

Tavrobel
10-21-2007, 07:00 PM
You can only pick one. Only one week left, and you're not even to the hard part.

That's because at this point, this whole experiment in choosing a "CK" is a farce.

Rye
10-21-2007, 07:23 PM
MILFy has my vote.

JerseyMage
10-21-2007, 07:23 PM
milf

qwertysaur
10-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Renmiri

Shauna
10-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Cz, methinks.

Baloki
10-21-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm sick of you people and your 'rules', I demand a recount and I demand it now!

*rebels against the system*

Tavrobel
10-21-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm sick of you people and your 'rules', I demand a recount and I demand it now!

*rebels against the system*

Then, why are you here? If you are here simply to revel, you can just leave, you know. I fail to see how you've been helping, especially because there's nothing to rebel against here. This here, isn't even the real system, and if it were, I most assuredly would tell you that's chock full of elitism and nepotism that is more concerned with not doing anything than doing what is best for the site.

MILF.

Baloki
10-22-2007, 10:27 AM
So your saying the CK's don't do anything for the forums so milf is the best choice?

Old Manus
10-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Staff games. They are serious fucking business.

Madame Adequate
10-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Am I staff yet?

Bunny
10-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Two days.

Loony BoB
10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
I think there are six days left.

Don't forget, there will need to be a 24 hour period where none of you object to the proposed newbie Knight. Maybe I should extend this to a month or something. Or next time have it done in a private forum so you can talk about the forum membership behind their back. Or something evil like that.

Madame Adequate
10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Don't forget, there will need to be a 24 hour period where none of you object to the proposed newbie Knight. Maybe I should extend this to a month or something. Or next time have it done in a private forum so you can talk about the forum membership behind their back. Or something evil like that.

I see your personal vendetta against me. Rest assured that when I outrank you... I will be forgiving and magnanimous :)

Bunny
10-22-2007, 02:44 PM
See? Another reason MILF needs to be added to the forum staff: He uses big non-words that sound like they could actually be words one day. Magnanimous? That sounds like a supervillian.

Loony BoB
10-22-2007, 02:47 PM

I see your personal vendetta against me. Rest assured that when I outrank you... I will be forgiving and magnanimous :)

Oh, now, now. I don't have any personal feeling on how this turns out at all, it would just be a shame if people didn't really come up with an answer inside two weeks is all I'm sayin'. But I suppose it has only been just over half of the way through, so there's time yet for them to get their act together.

I just want to see a little more EXTREME HEATED DEBATE ACTION. We had something like 600 posts over eleven days when deciding on hero and Kosher!

Lawr
10-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Maybe because most of this temporary Council would also be ideal picks. There'll be more "action" when we debate. Hopefully

I'm voting for Renmiri!

Baloki
10-22-2007, 04:41 PM

Oh, now, now. I don't have any personal feeling on how this turns out at all, it would just be a shame if people didn't really come up with an answer inside two weeks is all I'm sayin'. But I suppose it has only been just over half of the way through, so there's time yet for them to get their act together.

I just want to see a little more EXTREME HEATED DEBATE ACTION. We had something like 600 posts over eleven days when deciding on hero and Kosher!

BooB, go get your own thread, this ere thread is for us to discuss and make statistical demands of you!

*throws putrid Ryes and Yams at BoB*

Loony BoB
10-22-2007, 04:49 PM
*shuts up and lets you get back to it*

Tavrobel
10-22-2007, 09:55 PM
So your saying the CK's don't do anything for the forums so milf is the best choice?

No, I'm saying MILF is the best simply to get things over and done with.

Yeah, because two more CKs were absolutely necessary.

edczxcvbnm
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM

No, I'm saying MILF is the best simply to get things over and done with.

If you are voting MILF just to get things done and over with why not vote for someone who made one post? What difference does it make if you don't care and just want to get this over with?

I gotta say that I am with Baloki all the way on this one :D I think he knows the score.

Tavrobel
10-22-2007, 10:05 PM
If you are voting MILF just to get things done and over with why not vote for someone who made one post? What difference does it make if you don't care and just want to get this over with?

I gotta say that I am with Baloki all the way on this one :D I think he knows the score.

Do you see someone with one post on the list? I don't.

And I care about the score, why? Should I? I'd like a reason if you are going to defend him so.

Lawr
10-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Nah, we don't need a private forum. :rolleyes2

Madame Adequate
10-23-2007, 12:55 AM

Ah, that's fair enough then. :) I would like to see more debate as well, to be honest - the more rigorously my nomination is contested, the more genuine and solid my theoretical position would be, should I survive said trials. :p

Denmark
10-23-2007, 01:15 AM
I'd like to be privy to one of those staff EXTREME HEATED DEBATES, just see what goes on in there.

Baloki
10-24-2007, 09:12 AM
I'd like to see a good list of reasons why everyones chosen a particular candidate other then, oh they post alot, but we don't get what we want around here it seems Denny, lets go have pie instead?

edczxcvbnm
10-26-2007, 05:49 PM
I think apathy took over the group...that and betrayal on that of a shakespearian level XD

Mirage
10-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I think Renmiri is a good choice because she to me seems like a dependable and impartial person, and because she appears to be mature and knowledgeable about managing forums.

demondude
10-26-2007, 06:20 PM
I think Renmiri is a good choice because she to me seems like a dependable and impartial person, and because she appears to be mature and knowledgeable about managing forums.

I second this statement.

demondude
10-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Renmiri - The same reasons stated by Mirage.

Shame your not part of the EOFF council. :p

I Don't Need A Name
10-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Ok, so it looks like its between Renmiri, Cz and I Am My Own MILF. So who to pick? :confused:

Baloki
10-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Ok, so it looks like its between Renmiri, Cz and I Am My Own MILF. So who to pick? :confused:

Who said that, also wheres the reason for the other two?

I Don't Need A Name
10-26-2007, 09:58 PM
VOTING LIST

Breine
Jowy
edczxcvbnm
DK
Roto13
Cz - I Don't Need A Name, Poetically Pathetic, Shauna
I'm my own MILF - Captain Maxx Power, Denmark, Rye, JerseyMage, Tavrobel

there

Baloki
10-26-2007, 10:06 PM
I still don't see reasons why most of them have been picked.

Mirage
10-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Baloki's right, you know.

Lawr
10-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Well then, take the initiative and state reasons against them.

Baloki
10-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Well then, take the initiative and state reasons against them.

No, you want them, YOU make the effort to sell them to me, this is a capitalistic pig-dog thread, not one born in glorious mother-russia!

IN SOVIET RUSSIA REASON STATES YOU!

Lawr
10-28-2007, 12:49 AM

I second this statement.

My lazy ass is done for the day.

Baloki
10-28-2007, 12:51 AM
So out of the list of 7 plus people, we can only think of reasons for two of them and we can only sum them up in generic one word statements, phew-wee, boy have we worked hard on this thread guys, I think it's time to break out the congratulatory caturday memes for our chosen one and move on out to enlightenment. :p

Tavrobel
10-28-2007, 12:53 AM
I think it's time to break out the congratulatory caturday memes for our chosen one and move on out to enlightenment. :p

I approve of this statement.

Baloki
10-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Loony BoB, I would likes some statistics please!

theundeadhero
10-28-2007, 05:10 AM
Our experiment has failed. It's been two weeks and noone has the 24 hours put on them.

Mirage
10-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Yay!

Captain Maxx Power
10-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Our experiment has failed. It's been two weeks and noone has the 24 hours put on them.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that it's pretty much Baloki's fault.

Tavrobel
10-28-2007, 04:44 PM
I think I speak for everyone here when I say that it's pretty much Baloki's fault. this whole experiment was pretty much a farce once the new actual CKs were knighted. There we lost the need to pretend, which made us useless.

Fixed.

Baloki
10-28-2007, 08:14 PM

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that it's pretty much Baloki's fault.

I think I speak for everyone when I say STFU furfag :p

If people had activly taken part and the whole thread not been killed by the announcement of two CK's in a row just 40 mins after it starting I think we could have gotten somewhere, also people need to learn to give reasons, but eh :p

KoShiatar
10-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Actually I didn't take part because I was like, "What do I know about who could be the next CK? I could as well spend my time in some other thread."
Go figure. ;_;

Madame Adequate
10-28-2007, 11:50 PM

I think I speak for everyone when I say STFU furfag :p

If people had activly taken part and the whole thread not been killed by the announcement of two CK's in a row just 40 mins after it starting I think we could have gotten somewhere, also people need to learn to give reasons, but eh :p

Actually, BoB's rules only said that you need to give reasons to veto someone. :monster:

Shlup
10-29-2007, 12:06 AM

How'd it fail? This is what it looks like when we do it for real.

theundeadhero
10-29-2007, 03:02 AM
They ran out of time, didn't yell at each other enough, and didn't make fun of anybody :(

Baloki
10-29-2007, 11:20 AM
ShlupQuack always fails :(

Loony BoB
10-29-2007, 01:59 PM
My verdict is that you guys couldn't do this very well in the public eye. The major differences between this and the actual staff include...

1. People looking at which areas the existing staff are weakest in, via experience, knowledge and super awesome statistics in Excel spreadsheets (or just posts).
2. People weighing up the pros and cons of each individual.
3. People saying "No, not that person, they're immature." or "No, not that person, they're mean." etc. This is something that you can't really do in the public eye, though.
4. People getting all frustrated at why other people won't give in to their lengthy posts detailing how awesome someone would be if given the job.
5. Snide, unnecessary remarks aimed at other members of the staff.
6. A severe lack of posts. I think we drum up three posts for every post you guys make.
7. Too little 'selling' of candidates. You guys shouldn't need me to tell you that you need to give reasons!

I plan on making further experiments, though. I found bits of this interesting and have learned certain things about the membership, or at least the ones involved.

Baloki
10-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah BoB, we don't need you to tell us what to do you statistics WHORE!

Loony BoB
10-29-2007, 02:59 PM
STATISTICS whore*

Baloki
10-29-2007, 03:02 PM
You act like you know everything but without Excel you'd just be 'Loony Bob'!

Loony BoB
10-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Without Excel I'd never have your mom's statistics.

Madame Adequate
10-29-2007, 04:19 PM
I hate to say this, but I think BoB just came out on top of that particular exchange.

Seeing as I got the most votes and nobody vetoed me, I'm going to consider myself the winner and honorary staff member, k? :cool:

Baloki
10-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Without Excel your mom wouldn't have needed me about :joey:

Loony BoB
10-29-2007, 04:27 PM
My mum wouldn't need you, let alone my copy of Excel. She has her own copy. Taught me a bit of the stuff I know, actually.

Baloki
10-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Yeah but she needed someone to teach her ;)

Loony BoB
10-29-2007, 04:40 PM
No she didn't, she learned it all on her own. Don't make me get her in here. :p

Baloki
10-29-2007, 05:25 PM
I'LL MAKE YOU DO AS I PLEASE DAMNIT!

Also say hi to her for me :)