PDA

View Full Version : He Poos Clouds

Jessweeee♪
10-14-2007, 05:07 PM
So, I was searching project playlist for Maybe I'm a Lion, when I found this song called He Poos Clouds by Final Fantasy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Pallett).

...then I realized that it was just a guy who named his music project after the series, and the music didn't have much to do with Final Fantasy....but it sounded really cool!

Has anyone heard more of this guy? What did you think o:

charliepanayi
10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Yeah he's pretty good, I like both his albums to date (even if He Poos Clouds is an awful title XD). He's worked with good bands like Arcade Fire and The Hidden Cameras too.

Has done some good covers as well, including a rather bizarre Mariah Carey cover XD

Ryth
10-14-2007, 05:56 PM
I have the He Poos Clouds album, and I enjoyed it a good deal. :) I have his first LP, but never got around to listening to it. I kind of forgot I had it.

eestlinc
10-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Yea, Owen Pallett (i think that's his name) is pretty interesting. I don't think he really knew much about the video game series when he named his "band."

Necronopticous
10-15-2007, 08:18 AM
He was well aware of the series, his stage name is in fact named after the Final Fantasy games. One of the coolest things about him is that he's a huge geek and gamer. "He Poos Clouds" is his second record, the title track on that record is about Link.

eestlinc
10-15-2007, 08:21 AM
I thought that he was aware of the name of the series, and chose the name from the game series, but that he wasn't really into ff games. but i might have read that a year or two ago so who knows.

Calliope
10-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Owen Pallett (plus drummer) is pretty darn good. Those canucks get around.