PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop.... problem?

Mindflare
11-02-2001, 10:57 PM
<font color="00cccc" size=1> When I open a pic that I want to edit in Photoshop, it is tinted red. I have tried to change the color balance and it always looks right when I do this, but when I save it, it looks a bit too green. If I don't adjust the color, then it saves ok, though. How do I get rid of this red tint while editing pics?
(Also: Some pictures don't tint red and anything I actually make in Photoshop doesn't tint red, only some pictures)

crono_logical
11-02-2001, 11:23 PM
Try Edit > Color Settings, and select Color Mangement Off in the top drop-down menu. It might fix it, it might not :p

EDIT: Or perhaps you've got a tool selected with it's mode set to create a mask or selection - that causes the image to go a shade of red whilst you're editing it :D

Mindflare
11-02-2001, 11:51 PM
<font color="00cccc" size=1> Well, I actually had to turn it ON. :Þ

I set the RGB under Color Management Properties to "Convert to working RGB" and set everything under it to ask when opening. When I open a bad picture, I just set Assign Profile to Color Profile for Windows.

crono_logical
11-02-2001, 11:56 PM
Oh, okay. Turning it off works on my computer, but then somethings wrong with my computer anyway, any image/video I open is extremely dark :p