PDA

View Full Version : Who misses highschool?

MKusanagi
10-15-2007, 04:19 AM
I am in the midst of procrastination. So I thought I'd bring up a question I always thought I'd say no to. Who misses how easy-going highschool was? When I graduated I didn't even shed a tear. I was too busy saying " Peace!" But now I miss it. Why? Ahhh. I guess it is because I go to campus every tues and thurs and for me that feels like the most pointless schedule. Why come at all? I miss the steady M-F schedule. I miss the light hw load or the heavy hw load that was easy to complete. The simple 2-3 page reports. I look at some highschoolers posts on this forum and it's " Well, I got school tomorrow. I gotta go to bed." and I'm like awww man I miss that. Yeah, I know it's weird! But highschool life was so much easier. Bleh. Oh, and being able to laugh at people's silliness. Once on campus it's " Ohhhh really! Got any evidence to support that laugh?" I miss spending my lunch break in the library doing ab-so-lut-ely nothing!

Answer me this: Do you miss highschool? If so, why and what?

Jojee
10-15-2007, 05:45 AM
I miss high school a lot. ^_^ I always considered my senior year of high school to be the best year of my life, and not just on hindsight - even then, I knew that I loved it and it was the best year of my life. There were so many good things that happened that year. Although, I think I might be able to pass that soon, maybe! My life's been going great recently. :)

Miriel
10-15-2007, 05:56 AM
I miss high school a lot. ^_^ I always considered my senior year of high school to be the best year of my life, and not just on hindsight - even then, I knew that I loved it and it was the best year of my life. There were so many good things that happened that year. Although, I think I might be able to pass that soon, maybe! My life's been going great recently. :)

Yes yes yes. I agree with every word you posted.

Del Murder
10-15-2007, 05:58 AM
I only miss the characters. School sucks.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-15-2007, 06:21 AM

And with an additional caveat, a lot of my closest friends I met in college/university. So there are some people from High School I miss, but overall, not really.

Rostum
10-15-2007, 07:12 AM
I miss high school in the sense that I didn't have as much responsibility, and life seemed a hell of a lot easier. I hated the restrictions that came as a consequence for it, though.

Towards the end of the last year of high school really sucked though. I don't miss that.

Lynx
10-15-2007, 08:24 AM
i miss my senior year. i met a lot of good friends my last year in highschool and theyre what made it so good. i had such easy classes too. i passed my math class with a 94 average and i probably skipped it 80 out of 180 days of school. the last 2 days were kinda sad though. my friends were mostly in the grade below me and all the girls i was friends with kept crying in lunch cause i was leaveing. now 2 years and a few months later i still keep in contact with all btu 1 of them.

Woodinator
10-15-2007, 05:04 PM
I miss certain aspects of it... especially band (yup im a band geek) and my friends...but overall I'm happy to be gone ><

Flying Mullet
10-15-2007, 05:24 PM
I miss college a lot more than I miss high school.

No.78
10-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Who misses highschool?

HAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAA

Avarice-ness
10-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I miss certain aspects of it... especially band (yup im a band geek) and my friends...but overall I'm happy to be gone ><

It's quite the opposite with me. I was an extreme band nerd (SAXOPHONE'S 4 LYFE LOLOL) but after leaving the whole high school scheme where band people go with band people, I realized I'm in love with music, just not band and that choir and singing is my actual passion. I'm in college right now, and I plan to get back into music but I have no intentions nor want to pick my saxophone up again.

With me, High School was actually a time for me to realize what I didn't want to be in life, which at that time was everything I thought I wanted. So to the question do I miss it, Not at all. It was merely a time of growth and I have no reason to miss it.

MKusanagi
10-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I just miss how lazy I could be and get away with it. That's pretty much it.

EDIT: And now I'm really missing it. I have a hefty english assnmt due this fri, math assnmt due tomo and a test plus a project due the 30th. Then right after that another math assnmt due the 23rd. On top of that I have 8 exams on chemistry due by the end of semester and a total of around 25 lessons and 4 literary critiques due by then for my history classes. Oh, almost forgot, I have to look into a reporter in my local area and write a full 5-6 page analysis by Nov. 1. Kill me, please.

Jess
10-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Yes. I much prefer college.

Nifleheim7
10-16-2007, 08:32 PM
I miss only 20% of my time in highschool.The rest sucked!

Elementary school was much more fun!!!I really misss it...:(

nik0tine
10-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Highschool was a disaster that kept getting worse as time went on. I don't miss it one bit.

Although, I do kind of miss the education I didn't get.

prayzer
10-22-2007, 12:44 AM
I only miss it for football and my friends. The school part of it was just something that had to be done. Although I do miss the consistency of too.

Shlup
10-22-2007, 01:08 AM
I miss not being an adult, if that counts.

Seraphic
10-22-2007, 01:14 AM
I kinda miss parts of it,like being so carefree and seeing all my friends everyday like mostly everyone else said and also how easy the classes were and how most of it was done at school and not on your own,lol.
Also like how kusanagi said about the whole laugh thing, I dunno if its just me, but people at my college at least are really jaded.
They don't really look into making friends,they dont laugh much and they feel like theyve seen it all or something.
Just doesnt have the same welcoming feel that high school had :/.

Jessweeee♪
10-22-2007, 01:14 AM
I miss high school and I'm still in it :(

theundeadhero
10-22-2007, 02:05 AM
I miss the second semester of my senior year, whereIi didn't need any credits to graduate. I just floated along doing whatever sounded fun that day, not a care in the world for the studies of the class.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-22-2007, 02:36 AM
I miss not paying for my living expenses and the fact that high school was easy. Besides that, I do not miss it that much. I was never overly close to anyone thus it was pretty easy to leave. I miss some of my friends now, but not terribly so.

Shoeberto
10-24-2007, 04:12 AM

Yes and yes.

rubah
10-24-2007, 04:02 PM
I miss the easiness.

Peegee
10-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Brother was watching simpsons and in one of the scenes the kids were being idiots to each other (when Bart was a nerd). Remarked that 'kids are idiots'.

In high school it was no different. Kids act like judgmental in order to mask their own insecurities, and don't get me started on kids thinking they're more mature than they really are.

There's a joke about aux hole secks and 'zomg i'm only 8!' that sums up imo what a high school child is. Do I miss high school? I'm glad every day that I don't ever have to go back.

Heath
10-27-2007, 12:30 AM

Yeah, I'd say they both fit for me too. I wouldn't say I'm an adult, really (only 18 after all), but I do miss living a relatively more carefree and younger life than I do these days. I certainly didn't care about getting a job when I was fifteen.

I still regularly spend time with people I went to school with and we laugh a lot about the old times. Some of the old in-jokes from back then are still evident these days. In fact, one particular joke from our ICT lessons centred around the F1 key netted me a fantastic joke present off a friend for my 18th birthday (surprisingly, an F1 key).

Lawr
10-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Heck, I miss Pre-School...

MKusanagi
10-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Oh how I miss my inner-slacker.

Sweet Beloved
10-27-2007, 04:49 AM
I'm still in it.
A Junior.
LOL It has it's good times and bad times, but I'll know I'll miss it after next year =[ <3

Monol
10-27-2007, 05:32 AM
*Raises hand* I miss it...:(

*Puts down and walks away to that awsome song they played at the end of the "Breakfast Club"

"Dont you...forget about me!!"

Marshall Banana
10-27-2007, 06:31 AM
I missed it at first, because I loved some of my teachers, but I don't miss it at all anymore. In fact, I hate my high school. =X

Arc_Master_14
10-27-2007, 06:42 PM
i was there yesterday so no

Momiji
10-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Highschool was a disaster that kept getting worse as time went on. I don't miss it one bit.

Y-you mean you actually learn stuff in college and it's not a waste of precious youth like high school is? Wow, I have something to look forward to then!

CimminyCricket
10-28-2007, 02:31 AM
I only miss certain aspects of high school.

leader of mortals
10-28-2007, 03:02 AM
since I am in 10th grade and at a weekend... no I do not:D

MKusanagi
10-29-2007, 03:10 AM
Bleh. I miss it now more than ever.

The Lich
10-29-2007, 04:15 AM
I don't miss it. I didn't hate it but I find college and work to be more rewarding in general. I find the real world to be easier for me than highschool was (not that it is easy either but just better.) I've just loosened up more and none of that silly drama from highschool either. =D

Araciel
11-13-2007, 10:16 AM
I miss highschool, I was irresponsible, stupid, slacked all day, and got awesome grades. I Had all kinds of interesting, as-yet unjaded friends and did all kinds of fun stuff. It's now eight years since I was in highschool and though my life is ok, it's not as carefree or fun.

Loony BoB
11-13-2007, 11:32 AM
YES. Little responsibility, the ability to slack off and get away with it, spending all my time hanging around with friends, learning lots of useless information, making fun of teachers and teachers making fun of students, Aztech corn chips, meat pies and double chocolate donuts every day for lunch, lots of hot girls to check out... ah, good times, good times indeed. Oh, and not having to work until 5:30pm and then go home to make dinner. Yes.

leader of mortals
11-13-2007, 12:36 PM
im in high school now... so not really

ReloadPsi
11-18-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't miss high school. Worst bloody days of my life. Passed my GCSEs and that was the end of that.

Lon611
11-18-2007, 10:22 PM
oh man, do i miss high school. but college isn't all bad. i have a mon-fri schedule, because i like things spaced out, so i guess my schedule is a bit more normal. plus i've got a job, so i don't have lots of free time...

but i do miss the lackadaisical atmosphere of high school...the small classrooms...a designated lunch/nutrition...the list goes on. it seems after high school that people fall apart. i guess what i miss really is the friends more than anything.

MKusanagi
11-19-2007, 10:44 PM
yeah. I have now realized the true extent of adult life and am clinging desperately to the highschool dream of doing absolutely nothing.

James Leopold
11-21-2007, 02:46 PM
School was the biggest waste of my life, I am so happy to get out of that dump.

I am loving college.

Ayreon
11-21-2007, 03:14 PM
I miss nothing about high school.

Jiro
12-18-2007, 05:34 AM
Im still at high school. I hate it now, but i know im going to miss it once i leave. Not enough to want to go back. Its mostly just the godd experiences you have with friends. I'm missing camp a lot though =)

Randgris
12-19-2007, 08:50 AM
I miss only 20% of my time in highschool.The rest sucked!

Elementary school was much more fun!!!I really misss it...:(

It was hellish, people were dying... nah just kidding. No I don't really miss it. It's more like I missed it (missed as in 'oops, I missed the bus, etc) I didn't enjoy highschool. I wanted to burn the bullies but then I'll just drop down to their micro-cellular level. I am smarter than they think.

tidus_rox
01-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I dont miss it because I'm in it :( I used to like school... grade school was the best! (lol, I am so young) But everyone is a jerk in highschool and me no likes!

Roto13
01-01-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't miss it. Or college, for that matter. Real life for the win.

Yeah, there's a lot more responsibility (important responsibility) and it's a lot stressful, but it never feels like a big waste of time. Plus, I actually get PAID to work now, instead of being forced to do it for free.

Aerith's Knight
01-02-2008, 03:25 PM
I do.. even though i was in the highest possible class of students.. it was still doable.. and you had lots of free hours to "study".. so we went to a nearby supermarket ^_^

hmmm.. so much good food.. and it had a bakery ^____^

Roogle
01-02-2008, 04:01 PM
I am thankful that I am no longer in high school every single day of my life. What a waste of time. I could have been doing so much more.

escobert
01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Sure I had mad fun in high school

Larahl
01-03-2008, 01:31 AM
Although I finished High School only a few months ago, I'm really grateful that I finished it and never planning on even think about it.

Christmas
05-10-2022, 11:47 AM
I missed high school so much that I camped in the school and refuse to leave. They will never take my memories from me!! THEY WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!

Galuf
05-11-2022, 10:19 AM
I miss high school cos when i was there i felt like I had something to do but then I left and been aimless and useless ever since yup. Actual high school was whatever though, not very fun either.

Dr. Acula
05-11-2022, 11:10 AM
Nope. Hated every single second of it. I'm convinced that if you had a good time at high school, you were probably a bully. :D

Galuf
05-11-2022, 11:21 AM
Nope. Hated every single second of it. I'm convinced that if you had a good time at high school, you were probably a bully. :D

You would be right. Bully to myself!:cool:

Christmas
05-11-2022, 11:50 AM
That would explain why the teachers were having a good time. :chocobo: