PDA

View Full Version : Help with carpet!

MKusanagi
10-15-2007, 09:21 PM
My roommate is extremely clumsy and knocked hot wax onto the carpet. It absorbed before we could get it off. Anyone have any ideas about getting that up or are we just screwed?

Jess
10-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Use a knife to scrape off as much wax as you can, firstly. If you get some paper towels and a paper bag; put the paper towel on the floor and then the paper bag over the top of it. Use your iron over the top of the bag (but keep moving the iron, though, so it's not too hot that the wax just goes everywhere and so that you don't cause a fire). The wax will melt again onto the paper towel. You'll probably have to use more than 1 paper towel, though. :jess:

It's probably best that you clean the area afterwards, too. :}

MKusanagi
10-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah, it seems to be working. Roommates are a pain. It is taking a long time though. Isn't there any way to get it off faster?

o_O
10-16-2007, 12:32 AM
I got a pamphlet with a pair of jeans the other day that explains how to remove all kinds of stuff from them, and that's exactly what it says to do with wax. :p Also says that it may take a while and just to repeat until it's all gone.

MKusanagi
10-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Guck. Okay. Fine. I'll do it. Man, thanks alot roommie. She can't crouch on the floor like that cuz of her knee so I'm stuck with the task.

Peegee
10-16-2007, 06:35 PM
since thread is over:

/suppresses dirty joke

MKusanagi
10-17-2007, 03:52 AM
I heard you pureghetto!

Discord
10-19-2007, 12:48 AM
Try spraying petrol over it and throwing a match. The wax will heat up and, providing you hold it vertically, it'll go off by itself.:P