PDA

View Full Version : I need help with the internetz...

Zora
10-16-2007, 12:29 AM
No seriously. First off, I use IE as my main browser since I really do not like using my Mac. My Mac, which IS used for school, has Firefox and Safari on it, so if even of those cuts the process greatly, just guide me to them. K?

Anyways, recently I ordered Mother 3 and whatnot, and checked at a FAQ. The FAQ requires a certain requirement that your browser settings is supposed to help with, or something like that. I am not a computer nerd, so if I messed up on technical words, well it is understandable.

Anyways, it says my (what assume is language setting) to be set on "Japanese Shift_JIS." Now, I have tried to do some research, but couldn't find much, let alone how to enable it. So, could someone please tell me how to enable (or activate or whatever term is used) Japanese Shift_JIS? Thanks.

o_O
10-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Japanese Shift_JIS is a character encoding. It's for displaying Japanese characters. :p
I don't have a Mac or Windows, but you can probably change it by doing:

Tools > Options > Content > Fonts & Colours > Advanced > Character Encoding
or
Edit > Preferences > Content > Fonts & Colours > Advanced > Character Encoding:p

Zora
10-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Neither of them worked, by ironically the term character encoding helped with the index search. Anyways, I got it working :p

o_O
10-16-2007, 01:19 AM
I should have mentioned that those are for Firefox. :p

rubah
10-16-2007, 03:18 AM
macs have awesome language support? :D

o_O
10-16-2007, 03:40 AM
Only if you choose to install additional language packs. :p

crono_logical
10-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Probably something simpler like View > Character Encoding > Auto-detect > Japanese, which is also what my Firefoxs are usually set to as well :p