PDA

View Full Version : tip?

i_like_ff8
10-16-2007, 01:16 AM
So i was thinking of buying this game again for the ps since my last disc broke:mad2: its been so long though that i cant quite remeber how bad loading times were, since it came out on GBA does the PS version seem even slower?
also my friend reckons that if you use a ps2 and on the menu change the disc speed settings to "fast and smooth" it makes it a lot faster, is this true?

JackNapier
10-16-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm not sure about the disc speed setting, but I'd just go with the GBA port instead.

theundeadhero
10-16-2007, 02:46 AM
I think i would recommend the gba port too. I never played that one, but the loading speeds on PS really were slow.

Crossblades
10-16-2007, 03:20 AM
Get the GBA version. It has no loading times and has extra features that the PS version doesn't have

blackmage_nuke
10-16-2007, 07:00 AM
You miss out on the 2 or 3 fmvs if you use GBA. You might be able to find the vidoes on the internet though, so just go GBA. I dont think the ps2 makes a difference unless theres some special chip implanted

Heath
10-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I'd recommend the GBA version too. The load times are practically non-existent, the game has some rather nice and interesting extra features (extra Espers, yes please!) and it's portable too. Yay.

i_like_ff8
10-16-2007, 06:31 PM
sorry i didnt mention i dont actually have GBA, but i mean since it was relased for it does the ps1 version seem so unbearable you wouldnt want to play it becuase of loading times?

Flying Mullet
10-16-2007, 06:36 PM
The loading times are still extremely long when playing on a PS2, even if you change the system settings on the PS2 to try and speed up the load times.

KoShiatar
10-16-2007, 07:04 PM
You could get a used GBA, they go pretty cheap at shops like Gamestop. Really, that version's probably the best, or it would be if they hadn't edited out Celes hanging in chains.

Flying Mullet
10-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Or if you have a Gamecube you can pick up a GBA player for $40-50.

The Ceej
10-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I would definitely not recommend the GBA version. Let's put aside that it's a handheld. According to a friend of mine, they overcensored it. They watered it down. Whatever you do, don't buy it. If you have a PS2, the PlayStation version is the one to get. The load times aren't that big of a problem.

cloud21zidane16
10-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Id get the PS version, its not that slow, also i read somewhere that its only the american version thats slow.

Araciel
10-17-2007, 07:25 AM
I emulate it cause I'm evil.

Necronopticous
10-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Come on, man. It's time to get a Nintendo DS Lite. There is no longer any excuse not to own one.

Once you have your DS, grab Final Fantasy VI Advance.

You're all set.

Heath
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Id get the PS version, its not that slow, also i read somewhere that its only the american version thats slow.

Nope. I'm afraid the PAL version is just as bad. I'm a fellow Brit and the loads times weren't terribly nice in our version either. I've got to agree with Necronopticous because DS Lites are absolutely fantastic and so is FFVI-A, which leads to an unprecedented level of fantastic.

cloud21zidane16
10-17-2007, 07:26 PM

Nope. I'm afraid the PAL version is just as bad. I'm a fellow Brit and the loads times weren't terribly nice in our version either. I've got to agree with Necronopticous because DS Lites are absolutely fantastic and so is FFVI-A, which leads to an unprecedented level of fantastic.

really!? well i havent played it for quite a while now, maybe ill start again soon.