PDA

View Full Version : yiazmat

Lynx
10-17-2007, 04:22 AM
so who beat him? and what were your stats stratagy and what not? also how long did it take?

i lost after 6 hours of battleing at level 79 with 3 of my characters. and 33 with the others.

i went in not prepared at all exspecting to get killed without takeing a million hp from him. instead i left him with about 3 million left and finnaly dead.

my stratagy was sooo complex. i went into battle without many chronos tears about 4 remedys not enough gold needles and 14 hi ethers and 80 ethers. and i never use elixers if i would ahve used them id have won very easily. i went in exspecting to lose i jsut wanted to see how well id do.

ok so now for my stratagy. ashe as my wizard doing all the curing, protect, bubble, haste, berserk. balthier also helped with the curing but also joined in the fight with a masamune. vaan was my berserked hasted protected fighter with the tournsil and genji glove combo.

when ashe ran out of magic i switched her to the fighter switching all weapons and armor with vaan cause vaan had full magic. then when vaan ran out balthier took over. and so the process repeated as i ran out of all ym items. nothing to cure stop left em keeping my guys alive until they came out of it or haveing them get killed to bring them to life. also when i had items i switched to the pheasant netsuke (if thats what its called) to increase the potency. theres more too it such as my gambit it set up but its just way too much.

all in all im going in better prepared next time same levels and ill win. also are you able to leave the battle and cure at the crystal cause the book says you can but i dindt want to risk his life coming back?

Yiazmat
10-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I've killed myself. Lol! :D

I really want to make a tutorial video. I'm trying to figure out a way to do it. If I can do a video, you will see how I've got a wonderful save crystal strategy that I recommend newcomers to use for Yiazmat. (By the way, always Dispel him before you leave. You can leave the entire area and do whatever you want for as long as you want.)

Reasoniamalive
10-19-2007, 12:34 PM
The best weapon you can have is the Yagyu Darkblade you get from a rare drop from a rare fiend in the Lhusu Mines. I'll post a link to a youtube vid: YouTube - Final Fantasy XII - How to get Yagyu Darkblade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZZpNa8QJWA) Apart from this, the best possible set up is beserked, hasted, bubbled Masamune-weilding characters (Basch and Balthier were my favs) -VS- Masamune-weilding characters that take advantage of the Infuse Technick...basically leaving them with ~ 10 HP will make their katanas combo MUCH more often. At the beginning of the battle, use Expose several times to maximize the amount of damage done to him (9999, 6999 later.) Using Shellga on your party is also a good idea when Yazy is spamming his instant death attack as it will make him miss 1/2 the time.

I'd say that your lvl 70ish characters would be a good choice...followed by a backup party in the 50s or 60s or higher. Keep in mind that you don't have to do all his 50million + HP in one sitting, you can run to and from the save point to restore you HP/MP and fallen party members if needed. Just don't stand around reviving everyone where he can't hit you because he'll cast Renew and all your hard work will be for naught.

Gambits towards the end become less important. Keep bubble up at all times unless you chose to use Lure + Reverse on your magick user...although I would say that if Reverse falls you'd best have bubble on anyway. = P The first time I fought him it took me about 6 hours...the second - 4 1/2. I was much better prepared though....and there's vids on YouTube that show you can do it in under an hour!

That's all really. If you have a party with the Tournesol, the Zodiac Spear and a Masamune...you should do fine. The last few bars seems to take forever - just remember to dispell Reflectga when he casts it on your party and Dispel HIM each time you enter the screen. Reviving your fallen party members during battle takes priority over ALL other actions here... and adjust your gambits accordingly as he's becomming more and more difficult. In the end... I basically only attacked once all my members were under Protect, Shell and MAYBE Haste...and I had Bubble Belts on everyone.

I truely hope this helps people who take the time to read it. D:

gudkid
10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
what the purpose of dispelling yazy???

Yiazmat
10-20-2007, 01:10 AM

It keeps him from regenerating his health.

Reasoniamalive
10-20-2007, 02:47 AM

He casts buffs like Brave, Protect...blah blah blah. Dispel takes care of that. Each time you leave the battle arena and come back in, Dispel him and begin the chaotic rampage of slashing and stabbing....joygasm! xD

Lynx
10-31-2007, 07:02 AM
i want to beat him in one straight shot no running to the crystal. if i need a break from the 6 hour battle ill pause and let the game sit. running back to the crystal would jsut make the battle too easy and afterall im there for a challange. also im trying to beat him without the use of elixers or the reverse spell. i dont ahve any real reasons other then just trying to make it a harder battle. i went in completely unprepared and almost won which means the battle was much easier then i had exspected.

Clawsze
10-31-2007, 11:06 PM
Omega Weapon is considered the ultimate boss as it is Lvl 99. I have not yet got very far on FF12 (Corrupted File when i got to Stilshrine) but I am looking Forward to Yiazmat.

Also, always Dispel Yiaz when you leave because if he's got Regen on him, he's gonna heal a million every 10 seconds or so.

Cubster
11-06-2007, 01:04 AM
I finished the game back in February and beat Yiazmat to boot! A couple of tips I can give:

Have Windbreakers (you can also try to get yourself and other characters in different positions) to negate the damage to his huge wind-based attack (some characters can avoid the attack depending where they are). You have to be quick, once you see the message that he is about to do the attack, quickly go to the menu and put on Windbreakers and once the attack subsides, put on your previous armor.

The Shell Shield can negate his instant-death attack by around 50% (its the one that has a Pentagram look). Again, once you notice Yiazmat about to cast it, quickly go to the menu and equip the shield. Regardless if it worked or not, quickly go back to the menu and re-equip whatever weapons and shields you had on before.

It took me nearly 10 hours to beat Yiazmat but I bet all of us had a rush of relief and excitement the second we see his death animation!:D

gudkid
11-19-2007, 11:21 PM
does anyone have a video ofyazy's death animation???

Lynx
11-20-2007, 06:08 AM
yiazmat defeat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Za9EvJX2gg&feature=related) there you go gudkid.

ff is da best
11-26-2007, 05:48 PM
i beat yiazmat in like 7 hours i think.
i havent played ff12 in a long time.
i rememba my whole party were at lv 99.
i had all the ultimate weapons.

JFA_bobguy
02-08-2008, 08:27 AM
The first time I beat Yiazmat, I didn't retreat once. My party was all level 99, all licenses, and I was stocked with as many items as I could possibly have (well, except maybe elixirs/megalixirs). It's pretty much a matter of grinding out those first 30-40 life bars at first, since his attacks cause instant KO sometimes, which is very annoying.

When reaching the last 10 lifebars, I take the reverse+lure route with a tank. The thing is, his combo rate goes waaaayyyyyyy up after he uses his magical level-doubling move. The tank actually goes BEHIND Yiazmat, because when Yiazmat attacks someone in front of him, he attacks very quickly in succession, whereas when he's behind Yiazmat? He's gotta use that tail, and though he still has a high combo rate, the attacks come more slowly. This means fewer chances to cause instant death.

It took me seven hours to win. And I didn't even know he was weak against Dark at the time. I had pretty much every weapon, though not the Yagyu Darkblade. I used the Tournesol, the Ultima Weapon, anything strong and non-elemental. I had 21 Chronos Tears left...and around that many Softs too.