PDA

View Full Version : Appeal your profile

Lucavi Rocks
10-17-2007, 05:14 AM
I mean to get rid of this,
Hello, Lucavi Rocks! It appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
so I though that making a thread would work. Profiles I want to talk about profiles. Do you look at them 'cause I don't. Whatcha gonna do to make them more interesting? Do you think they're interesting? :confused:

To further my feigned interest in profiles you guys can explain your profile information in case you entered obscure information in there to sound cool (i did!) and have been waiting years months or days to open up your darkly cloudy soul to others. :p

rubah
10-17-2007, 05:30 AM
I just put stuff in my profile so it's there. I don't really pay attention to how it presents me xD

MKusanagi
10-17-2007, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I'm not one to care, either. If people choose to view my profile more power to them. They're not going to learn anything they haven't learned on the boards.

Araciel
10-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Nobody looks at profiles. It's like that tag on your mattress. No one reads it, and if they actually do...well they probably own an ant-farm too.

Miriel
10-17-2007, 07:37 AM
I only ever look at profiles when I'm about to PM someone or when I'm investigating someone to see if they're a second account. :p

Oh and also for usernotes, but I don't usernote that much.

Heath
10-17-2007, 11:34 AM
If it's someone who has changed their signature and avatar to a certain theme, I might take a look at the profile to see if they filled it in all to that certain theme, because I always think that's rather cool. Otherwise, what Miriel said: for PMs and usernotes, mainly.

Jess
10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I sometimes look a profiles if I can't figure out if somebody is male or female. Most of the time I just look at profiles to usernote or PM. I hardly ever usernote anymore in comparison to how much I used to. :jess:

Shiny
10-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Sure, Not (Taken from the movie, Idiocracy.)
Biography:
Bastard coated bastard with bastard filling. (Taken from the show, Scrubs.)
Virgina. (Taken from the show, Family Guy.)
Interests:
Parents, punch your children in the face. (Somewhat taken from some comedian.)
Favorite Final Fantasy:
omg i luv FINAL FANTASY mii favirite is teh gud 1!!!!111 (Since I'm not sure what my favorite is, I used a cop out answer for this one.)

All the rest is self explanatory, or I made up from my demented head. I'm not quite sure how the Hell I came up with my user title, but it shall stay until I think of something even more demented.

Jessweeee♪
10-19-2007, 01:14 AM
meh...sometimes...I usually skim them when I'm about to leave someone a usernote, but I don't give them out a whole lot :p

XxSephirothxX
10-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Professional kneebiter was a Hitchhiker's guide reference, I think, and the sword tale bit is a reference to our forum description which is taken from Penny Arcade.

I look at profiles when I want to know more about people, which is generally entirely pointless since most of us don't put much relevant information there. Wouldn't want to give those stalkers too much to work with.

escobert
10-19-2007, 01:24 AM
I only ever look at profiles when I'm about to PM someone or when I'm stalking investigating someone to see if they're a second account. :p

Oh and also for usernotes, but I don't usernote that much.

LunarWeaver
10-19-2007, 01:27 AM
My profile is effin poetry.

I do read others now and again. When we're friends n' stuff :O

Bunny
10-19-2007, 01:50 AM
My profile is filled with quote lyrics, nonsense, and half-truths. Much like my life. I rarely look at people's profiles.

Did I do this thread right? I only skimmed the first post because it was kinda boring. I read a few posts but those were boring too.

Leeza
10-19-2007, 02:03 AM
Nobody looks at profiles. It's like that tag on your mattress. No one reads it, and if they actually do...well they probably own an ant-farm too.
I do not own an ant-farm...anymore. :cat:

Tavrobel
10-19-2007, 02:17 AM
I only use the Profile to find out what people are doing if I'm bored. And usernotes.

Mine is filled with false and often contradictory information.

Vermachtnis
10-19-2007, 02:30 AM
I look at profiles if I can't figure out if it's a man or woman. Or sometimes when I accedentally click on avatars.

Yamaneko
10-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Any information on my next victim is always welcome.

theundeadhero
10-19-2007, 07:36 AM
I'm a Kristinonaut because kikimm thinks I'm awesome. I'm interested in pestering Del Murder because pestering Del Murder interests me. What more do you need to know?

Lynx
10-19-2007, 07:48 AM
usually in threads where you have to post something about the person above you will get people looking at proflies. i dont even think mine is correct with the number of games ive beaten.

cloud21zidane16
10-19-2007, 12:20 PM
i look at profiles if im posting a usernote or PM, or if im just bored:)