PDA

View Full Version : [A] Dog.

Breine
10-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Okay, I'll apologize the somewhat poor quality of the pictures in advance, but since I don't own a scanner I had to take pictures of my work with a digi-cam.. *sigh*

Anyway, this dog is a project I worked on in Art Class earlier this year, and I thought that I'd post in here for all of you to see.
The first picture is a somewhat quick pencil drawing of a dog, which I mainly used to make an outline and to find out where to put the shadows and whatnot. Anyway, my actual idea was to make it bigger and then give it some abstract colouring. For this I used only oil pastels, which are great for colouring stuff if I may add. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the end result. I decided to post both the pencil drawing and the coloured one, just so you guys could see the working progress of it all.. and once again I apologize for the somewhat poor quality (e.g. the real picture of the coloured one is a little darker than the one here, and of course some of the minor details are always lost).

Rocket Edge
10-17-2007, 12:48 PM
I really like the eyes. They are almost mystifying (In the drawing sketch). Your line could be improved as it looks a little messy, but the composition in general looks pretty accurate. Also, the colours & shading seem to be spot on. Overall, a good piece with interesting points, so well done.

Jess
10-17-2007, 01:46 PM
I really like the coloured version. The detail on the fur is fantastic.

Good job.

Rye
10-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Ooooh, I love working with oil pastels, I'm using them as my main medium for AP Art. Anyway, it looks fantastic, the fur is great!

Cookie
10-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah the colouring and shading on the colour version is ace.

Slade
10-18-2007, 10:52 AM
The coloured one is nice. I like the choice of colour you used in the background and the fur is very well done also :up:

Breine
10-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys :)

KoShiatar
10-21-2007, 02:43 PM
I like the colors you gave it - the contrasts between the reds and blues and greens. It's expressive, in an eerie but good way.