PDA

View Full Version : Relationships

The Last Oath
10-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Who do you think had the strongest relationship in the Final Fantasy series???

Genreally i think Cloud and Tifa's sucked. they showed the least compassion amongst the others.

edit by Levian: Don't double post. Use the edit button if you want to add something to your posts.

blackmage_nuke
10-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Locke and Celes

Levian
10-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Squall & Rinoa! Gawd, that scene on the ragnarok with Eyes on Me and you know. :'(

Tavrobel
10-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I vote none of the above.

The Onion Knights and Sara in FFIIIj did. They slept in her bed!

Avarice-ness
10-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Locke and Celes

Agree'd.

Squall and Rinoa also. May not like FFVIII that much, but it's true.

Also, maybe he didn't put Locke and Celes up because they're not really "established" or something. But seriously like the story between Locke and Celes is one of the most dominate (if you let it) storylines in the game.

I mean hell, the whole reason Celes is able to continue on with her life after an attempted suicide is because when she washed up on shore, there was that dove with Locke's Bandana tied to it's wing because it was broken. She then had Locke's Bandana with her to keep him close throughout the rest of the game, as you can see in the ending when Celes drops his bandana as they're all running out of Kefka's falling tower and she goes back to grab it as the place crumbles and Locke runs to her grabbing her as she started to fall with the place pulling her up (which he wasn't able to do for Rachel), then lectured her like any obscenely worried lover would with "Why would you risk your life for THAT?!" or what ever he said. Then pulling her and them getting to safety.

*waves Locke and Celes forever flag*

theundeadhero
10-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Garland and Princess Sarah. He loved her so much he kidnapped her and ran away to a cave so they could be together.

Sefie1999AD
10-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Strong relationship? I'd say Zidane and Dagger because their relationship is more about supporting each other and caring for one another rather than just having overly mushy moments.

I vote none of the above.

The Onion Knights and Sara in FFIIIj did. They slept in her bed!

:D Princess Sara wasn't with them, though. However, when you visit the Blacksmith's house in FFVII, all your (max 9) party members sleep in that one bed. :eek:

cloud21zidane16
10-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Zidane and Dagger, it was a well thought out story as to how their relationship built up, plus their love was more about being there for each other:)

The Ceej
10-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Shuyin's and Lenne's was strong enough to come back from the dead and attempt to destroy the world over. That's a strong relationship.

Not to downplay the others.

Well, some of the others.

Some were pretty strong.

Twilight Edge
10-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Squall and Rinoa. The Ragnarok scene proved it.

--Aegis.

Tabris
10-18-2007, 11:57 AM
I chose Tidus and Yuna, although that is the only pairing I have seen. (Except Shuyin and Lenne).

gothic_fantasy
10-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Genreally i think Cloud and Tifa's sucked. they showed the least compassion amongst the others
Oh so that's why Tifa stayed with Cloud 24/7 when he was a babbling vegetable instead of going off to save the world with the others? She DID kinda save him from a complete mental breakdown. Thanks to Tifa, Cloud could finally be Cloud. They were distant from each other because Cloud thought Tifa didn't like him and Tifa thought Cloud liked Aeris. To me I've always seen their relationship as one of the most complex and deep relationships of Final Fantasy. It was also more realistic as opposed to say, Zidane and Garnet (thief and the princess falling in love, blah blah). Well that's just my opinion. No offense to Z&G fans!
Tidus and Yuna take second place...I mean they actually made a sequel just for them to be together, now that takes dedication (no matter how crappy it was!!) :-D

PeneloRatsbane
10-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Locke and Celes are v interesting. But Balthier and Fran have the tightest bond, its Fran and Balthier, not just fran or Balthier, they are best as a duo and apart they seem incomplete

Heath
10-23-2007, 11:40 PM
I think Fran and Balthier had a particularly strong relationship because they simply depended upon each other and, simply put, were a team. Although we aren't always shown this throughout the game, the scenes at the start of FFXII are a testament to their relationship, I think. Perhaps it's overlooked because we don't see two strangers develop a bond like we do with Squall and Rinoa or Tidus and Yuna.

Otherwise, I think Cloud had rather strong bonds with both Aeris and Tifa. I think the bond with Aeris rather speaks for itself, but with Tifa he managed to get his life back on track, learn about his past and support each other throughout thick and thin. I don't think Tifa would've come across as strong a character as she did if it weren't for the fact that she did, in the end, depend on Cloud more than people think. It was nice how a childhood friendship like that was able to rekindle even after years apart.

Akaria
11-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Tidus and Yuna...cuz after Tidus, well, yknow, there's a WHOLE SEQUEL where Yuna goes off to find him. And those songs in X-2? Oh man.

Araciel
11-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Tidus and Yuna.

Although they look kind of alike *cough*

PeneloRatsbane
11-15-2007, 10:22 PM
no they don't, lol, hes tanned and blonde, shes a pale brunette

Aphrodite.
11-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Even though Tidus was whiny and Yuna had more balls than he did, they're my pick.

Their relationship grew from a little crush to "I'll do anything for you." love. It was really sweet, and you could see the whole thing develop.

Finola
11-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Oh i'm suprised that Zid and Dagger are leading.
They would have been my second choice. But imo no one can beat the relationship between Tidus and Yuna.

Queen Anthai
12-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Cecil and Rosa. It was fun to come smack dab into the middle of a relationship instead of seeing it gradually happen (or just plain shoehorned) during the gameplay. As opposed to all the other games, there's no "redemptive" quality - it's not like one person loving another is going to make that second person any better. (I do love Squall/Rinoa, but it is pretty shoehorned and unrealistic. I'll never admit that in public again.)

There is never any threat to their love - although Kain desires Rosa, there is never any reference that Rosa might see him as anything more than a friend, and Cecil trusts that Rosa will not leave him.

While admittedly Rosa does play the "damsel in distress" far too many times in FFIV, she still has an unwavering faith in Cecil, whether it's fighting against his own nature as a Dark Knight or knowing that he's on his way to save her.

I thought it was incredibly refreshing to see nothing but a strong, mutual love between two characters from the start that never once faltered throughout the gameplay. And they even get married at the end! (The gane's over fifteen years old; I don't think I need a spoiler warning for that one.) If Cecil and Rosa aren't a sterling example of a strong romantic relationship in FF, I don't know what is.