PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter 4

JKTrix
10-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Street Fighter IV Announced news from 1UP.com (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163721)

Nothing to really say about it, but Capcom has announced it.

Necronopticous
10-17-2007, 05:06 PM
It's going to be hard to follow up a game like 3rd Strike.

Peegee
10-17-2007, 06:40 PM
It's games like this that make me want to get a ps3. SF is pro.

XxSephirothxX
10-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Holy :skull::skull::skull::skull:. I thought that countdown had turned out to be for Bionic Commando, and I was a bit disappointed. But they really are working on Street Fighter IV. Very sweet.

It better make it to the 360, or I will cry blood.

KentaRawr!
10-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I wonder what they'll add to the engine with SF4. SF3 was pretty much perfect when it came to the engine, at least in my eyes. All it really lacked was characters from SF2 and SF1.

JKTrix
10-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Trailer
YouTube - Street fighter 4 trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZP3WYiOncI)
Getting a bit of an Okami vibe... I don't think this indicates that this will not be a 2D fighter, so 2D fans don't get too upset. It's just a trailer.

SF4 really has a high bar to reach for, not only from SF3 but because of the competition that has since come out. KOF is a perennial rival, but the Guilty Gear franchise started after SF3 was first released. Not that I think GG or KOF is better than Street Fighter (despite my choice of avatar), but there's a lot more serious competition out there now.

Maxico
10-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Usually I'm a big ol advocate for proper 2D artwork. But if they pull of the entire game in 3D with those kind of shaders in that style it'll look amazing.

I'm generally against this '2.5D' stuff, but I'd take that over generic capcom anime anyday.

EDIT: Also probably necessary if they're doing this in HD.

Nifleheim7
10-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Trailer looks amazing!Great news indeed!!

I think it's also time for another vs game...Marvel Super heroes vs Street Fighter was one of my favorite arcade fighters.:)

DK
10-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Hopefully this gets a European release, pissed me off that I never got to play 3rd Strike.

Dreddz
10-17-2007, 11:33 PM
I see some nice fanservice is in order here. Im going to refrain from saying much as we havent seen any gameplay but the art direction looks decent, whether this will reflect much in the actual game is up in the air. I dont care too much about what system this will be on as long as its either the PS3 or 360. Not just because I own them but the Wii will ruin this game, sorry to be so blunt about it but it will. I would probably pick the PS3 version over the 360 just due to the fact that I hate the d-pad on the 360 controller. Capcom is nice when it comes to the features on either consoles so I dont think either system will lose out.

With KOF slowly digging its own grave and Guilty Gear following, lets hope SF4 can still keep it old-school.

The Amazing Spiderman
10-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Seriously, I've been waiting for this since I even heard fake rumors about it! Can't believe it's true.

I hope they make it as much old-school as they can. Same style of playing, and awesome characters from the previous series. I'm hoping for Cammy, Chun Li, Urien, Yun/Yang, Guy and Ibuki to show up! No need to worry about Ryu, eh?

And, I'm still waiting for a Marvel VS series game.....but right now, that's impossible...=/

Rostum
10-18-2007, 01:09 AM
That trailer looks so damn awesome. I'm hoping this turns out great, except that I don't have either of the newer systems. :p

KentaRawr!
10-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Not just because I own them but the Wii will ruin this game, sorry to be so blunt about it but it will.

How exactly would the Wii go about ruining a fighting game? So long as one is able to use a Gamecube or Classic Controller, it shouldn't hinder a 2D Fighting Game too much, either graphically or engine-wise. It somewhat defeats the purpose of the controller, but its merely being on the Wii doesn't show any true signs of ruining the game. A good example of a fighting game on the Wii is Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core. It wasn't ruined (Or is it won't be?), because they allow the usage of both the GCN Controller and the Classic Controller.

Of course, I really shouldn't bother posting this. You probably already know what my stance on the Wii is, and it's completely off-topic. :x

As for what I can add to what I think of the trailer, the Art Style is definitely very good. But, unless the game is taking on this sort of style, it doesn't seem to tell us anything about the game at all. Now, if it does take on this style, that would be great. It's a pretty cool style. All I can really gather from the trailer, besides the style, is that Ryu and Ken are fighting with teh 1337 skillzorz. Something about it reminds me of the intro to SNK Vs. Capcom Chaos, but I really can't land what's reminding me of it.

Madame Adequate
10-18-2007, 02:40 AM
I'd really love it if the game actually looked like that. I mean for seriously. That would rock more than anything.

Polnareff
10-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Dude, being the biggest Capcom fan anywhere, I must say that this game will most likely even trump KoFXII if done right. This is definitely Capcom's answer to SNK saying that KoFXII will be the "ultimate 2D fighter." Heh, not if Capcom has anything to say about it. :p

Oh yeah, and for those worried about the game being in 3D, it won't be, it'll be in 2D and on the Taito Type X-2 hardware (which, ironically, is the same hardware KoFXII is on). More details will be revealed on the game tomorrow at capcom-unity.com and at an event in Japan in February, supposedly. So we'll just have to wait until then for more announcements.

But this is a hella great time to be a Capcom fan, I'll tell you. A new Bionic Commando, Gyakuten Saiban 4 being released in English, Megaman ZX Advent in English, SSFIITHDR, SPFIITHDR, and now SF4.

JKTrix
10-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah. While it is great that we now know SF4 is official, its release is apparently over a year away. In Japan. In arcades. So you can kind of expect a pretty long lead time before your average fan will be able to get his hands on the game on a console.

Since it will be a 2D fighter, there's a pretty decent chance that they'll follow Arcsys and SNK by releasing it on both the PS2 and Wii. (SNK hasn't released KOF on Wii, but the Metal Slug collection was on both PS2 and Wii). GGXX^core's motion controls on the Wii SUCK, but plug in the classic controller and all is well. As long as these games continue to support normal controls, they can do whatever the hell they want with motion controls as far as I'm concerned.

While I wouldn't buy Hori's Wii arcade stick (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1u6b-71-113-49-en-84-j-70-23bd.html) just for GG, SF4 would definitely be worthy of it on its own.

Nifleheim7
10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
I'd really love it if the game actually looked like that. I mean for seriously. That would rock more than anything.

QFT!!:D

Elite Lord Sigma
10-18-2007, 09:55 PM
My cousin's going to cry tears of joy when I tell him about this.