PDA

View Full Version : A weird number called my phone....

SeeDRankLou
10-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey guys. This number called my phone:

*yoink*

It's the seconds time this number has called me, and it only rings three times and hangs up. I'm in the USA, and I'm not sure how international calls look and stuff. Does anyone know what this number is or where it's from or anything?

Ouch!
10-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Isn't 01 the country code for the United States? Meh, even then it's too long.

Araciel
10-17-2007, 10:23 PM
It was me...

Tavrobel
10-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Isn't 01 the country code for the United States? Meh, even then it's too long.

Our numbers are only ten digits. It looks like a Japanese number to me, but even that's probably wrong.

Iceglow
10-17-2007, 10:39 PM
try looking here: International dialling codes (http://www.kropla.com/dialcode.htm)

Sergeant Hartman
10-17-2007, 10:49 PM
13 digits, haven't a clue.

edczxcvbnm
10-17-2007, 11:01 PM
64 NEW ZEALAND FEATHERSTON

cloud21zidane16
10-17-2007, 11:03 PM
called you twice? maybe your destiny is at the other end of the line:D

MKusanagi
10-17-2007, 11:06 PM
If they call again:
1. answer
2. ask, "City Morgue, can I help you?"
3. See what they say
4. If they hang up, it's a fraud or something.

Tavrobel
10-17-2007, 11:10 PM
try looking here: International dialling codes (http://www.kropla.com/dialcode.htm)

According to this, this would appear to be a United States number (or a territory thereof) that is calling you from outside of the country, inside of country land.

Therefore, you are being contacted by terrorists.

Rengori
10-17-2007, 11:38 PM

:eek:

What a twist!

edczxcvbnm
10-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Man you are all full of fail XP

Looking up a number?

If you're trying to find the country of origin for an international phone number, you can look it up with the Fone Finder.

Fone Finder query form (http://www.fonefinder.net/)

You can put the phone number in there and figure out where it is coming from. According to what I put in, look at my previous post. If it happens to not be an international number then the area code would indicate New York City.

Loony BoB
10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
For what it's worth, Featherston is around Wellington, and I think there are a few EoFFers from that region around. I'm going to remove the number, now, though - I don't think it's appropriate to leave phone numbers in the middle of the internet.

EDIT: My money is on Mitch.

Bunny
10-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Did you put your number in the thread about phone numbers? If so, um

Duh.

The Ceej
10-18-2007, 03:06 PM
It's from Featherston, New Zealand. And 011 is not a country code. 011 is the number you dial before the country code when making an international call. 1 is America's country code. Kind of arrogant to choose 1 as our own country code, don't you think?

On a related note, last night, when I got off work, I had a missed call on my phone from a blocked number, then I noticed I had a voicemail. It went as followed:

"Hey. Nice answering machine. I'll call you tomorrow. You know who this is. Bye."

I listened to it several times and was not able to figure out who it was. I called several of my friends and no one admitted to calling me. I was determined to find out who it was before they called back, but now I don't care anymore. Really. If they don't have the courtesy to let me see their number or tell me their name, they're not important enough for me to care who they are.

Peegee
10-18-2007, 03:14 PM
On topic contribution to this topic.

This is the biggest possible coincidence I've experienced.

One seemingly random day I received a text to meet a person at a club called Voodoo for a bday party. I was like 'wtf' but upon thinking:

- the random day is the day of my ex gf
- Voodoo is the name of a club in Windsor, where she lives (and where I studied). It's also the name of a club in Toronto, where I live.

So two things:
- my ex gf found my toronto phone number, texted me, and invited me to her bday party
- a random text with no consequence whatsoever to me

I eventually concluded the latter but asked my parents and family if they ever gave my cell phone # out. Very odd.

And that's my story. I like purple.

Rengori
10-18-2007, 03:27 PM
1 is America's country code. Kind of arrogant to choose 1 as our own country code, don't you think?

We kinda had phones first, so not really in this case. We're still arrogant as hell though.

oddler
10-18-2007, 06:25 PM
1 is America's country code. Kind of arrogant to choose 1 as our own country code, don't you think?

We kinda had phones first, so not really in this case. We're still arrogant as hell though.

1 is the loneliest number.

escobert
10-18-2007, 06:28 PM
It was my mom. she thinks your sexy.

Avarice-ness
10-18-2007, 06:51 PM

:eek:

What a twist!

PLOT TWIST?! Not again!!!

I don't know, when my dad calls my cell phone it looks like +9012398238 with like a hell of alot more numbers. That isn't his number by the way, and even if you called you'd be calling the middle east, Bush would see that and think you're a terrorist.

I'm prolly considered a terrorist now 'cause the middle east calls me like every weeks! OH DEAR!! :razz:

Tavrobel
10-18-2007, 08:22 PM

THANKS ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL YOU RUINED MY LIFE