PDA

View Full Version : Sick of This!

arcanedude34
10-17-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm so sick of people saying stuff like 'omgZ caet sith! suxors!!!!11 lol!!11 how does he attak wiht a microfone lol!!!!!!!1'

First off, he doesn't suck. At all.

Secondly, he uses his microphones and megaphones to command the giant mog doll to attack the enemy, and the stronger/louder the microphone/megaphone is, the more the mog doll is compelled to attack, and the more damage is done.

MJN SEIFER
10-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Well done.

I don't think he sucks either, infact I really enjoy using him, "Slots" was one of my favourite skills in fact.

Actually I wouldn't mind betting that the reason that people hate him, is because of apperance - he's a stuffed toy, so they simply don't "bother" to use him, and say he sucks, I personaly don't mind him.

cloud21zidane16
10-17-2007, 11:01 PM
i dont really enjoy using him in battle but i never really had a problem with him as a character;)

LunarWeaver
10-17-2007, 11:07 PM
They're all jealous of his resemblance to the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!

I don't mind him so much. He's a kitty (sort of), and that's enough for me!

Crossblades
10-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Cait Sith is just a fun a character in and out of battle(I give him all Attack Magic so, he's basically my Black Mage in Battle:D )

Xurts
10-18-2007, 02:40 AM
I don't use Cait Sith for the same reason I neglect Vincent: their Limit Breaks suck. It's a shame really, Vincent is such an awesome character.

Jon Thompson
10-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Cait Sith was the epitome of horrible character, especially in battle. Yuffie was decent in battle so gets some propz

Xear
10-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Cait was a good character I think. His concept was interesting, his slot skill was fun to use. And he had an important and intresting role. I also liked the way his personality worked. :-D

He was not a stuck up attention whore like Aries.... nor was he a bad Mr T rip off :-D

Besides :-P anyone can use a gun or a staff in battle, but it takes skill to control a giant stuffed mog and use a megaphone as a weapon.

Elly
10-18-2007, 01:38 PM
i just don't like to use anyone that has the chance to blow up the party and give you the Game Over screen, the way i see it is your party members should not have the ability to kill your own party off in 1 roll of the slots, for me it has nothing to do with his looks or uber-dumb personality (which he only plays dumb to keep ppl from figuring out he's really Reeve), it's the fact that he's a walking suicide machine that i don't like him...

KoShiatar
10-18-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't use Cait Sith for the same reason I neglect Vincent: their Limit Breaks suck. It's a shame really, Vincent is such an awesome character.

That because you forget that every time Vincent has a Limit Break, his HP is fully regenerated. He saved my sorry behind in many situations where things had gotten really hairy and he even was good for lower level Gold Saucer battles.

Anyway, the reason why I didn't use much Cait Sith was because he had poor physical attack, I seem to remember, and I rely a lot on that.

Marshall Banana
10-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Poor Cait Sith No. 1. =(

I'll never play this game again without including Cait Sith in my party as often as possible!

MJN SEIFER
10-18-2007, 04:29 PM

In my opinon, Cait's Limit was ace, and very fun to use (I like the thrill of the randomness), I would have liked Vincent's better if you could control what he did. His attacks are pretty damaging, but it's like being Beserked, save for the fact you can use skills. The beserk status is one of the most anoying and boring status changes in my opinion.

ReloadPsi
10-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Secondly, he uses his microphones and megaphones to command the giant mog doll to attack the enemy, and the stronger/louder the microphone/megaphone is, the more the mog doll is compelled to attack, and the more damage is done.

*BZZT* Wrong! The mog doll yoinks the megaphone out of the cat's hand and bashes the enemy with it. That's way more awesome.

Cait Sith rules. When one day I do a "Whole game in a single day without saving" playthrough I'm gonna use him and Vincent because it'll make things more interesting as they're pretty high risk.

Although I didn't use him much, Cait Sith can also be useful in the challenge I've nearly just completed, namely Initial Equipment without changing anyone's Materia. Escaping from Junon and being able to shrink the SOLDIER-2nds was an utter godsend, after all, Barret's got no useful abilities besides the odd Limit Break, and Yuffie sure takes her time coming along to help.

Unfortunately he's also one of the primary reasons a remake may never happen, as (I keep saying this, sorry!) Squeenix can't be bothered animating his giant mog.

Serapy
10-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Simply put; if you don't like him, don't bother using him in game nor complaining about him on the forums then.

Done.

Sefie1999AD
10-18-2007, 06:19 PM
I didn't use Cait Sith much in battles, but I still enjoyed his character. I also felt quite sad when Cait Sith No. 1 died, even though he was replaced by Cait Sith No. 2 almost right away.

Bolivar
10-19-2007, 01:04 AM
there's alot of ways to effectively use each character in the game...

Breine
10-20-2007, 09:36 PM
I didn't use Cait Sith much in battles, but I still enjoyed his character. I also felt quite sad when Cait Sith No. 1 died, even though he was replaced by Cait Sith No. 2 almost right away.

That death is highly overshadowed by the death of a certain other character :p

Anyway, I don't really use Cait Sith that much.. I don't really know why to be honest with you. I guess he just never made that great of an impression with me as a fighter - because, well, I don't really have anything against him as a character.

Vivisteiner
10-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Cait Sith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cloud

arcanedude34
10-25-2007, 01:39 AM

IMO, the Cait Sith " death" was used to emotionally prepare players for Aeris's death

Marshall Banana
10-25-2007, 02:20 AM
In my case, the death of Cait Sith No. 1 overshadowed that of you-know-who, not vice versa.

.:kerrod:.
10-25-2007, 06:37 AM
Poor Cait Sith No. 1. =(

I'll never play this game again without including Cait Sith in my party as often as possible!

haha, meaning you feel sorry for him when he sacrifices himself with that black materia (from memory)? cos he doesnt even die, the guy CONTROLLING him just sends out another one :p it's the same guy...

Marshall Banana
10-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Reeve sends Cait Sith No. 2.

Cait Sith No. 1 is lost forever.

BG-57
10-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Except #1's materia and equipment somehow end up on #2. :D

Anyway, I liked the character design of the cat part (essentially a copy of the Esper Stray in FFVI) and the megaphones, but I absolutely hated the moogle part. It was with a sigh of relief that AC dispensed with the moogle completely.

MJN SEIFER
10-25-2007, 11:06 PM

IMO, the Cait Sith " death" was used to emotionally prepare players for Aeris's death

I think it was to emotionaly let players guards down for Aeris's death especially n00bs to the game, back when I was one I certantly fell for it.

"They couldn't... They couldn't let on of the main characters die could they?!"

"I knew it! They couldn't go through with it, the main players are always invincable

So I was completly unprepared for what happened later on... I'm convinced that was what Square was doing, especially when there is a lot of drama before Cait "dies" and the other death was only slightly foreshadowed.

Heath
10-25-2007, 11:44 PM

That because you forget that every time Vincent has a Limit Break, his HP is fully regenerated. He saved my sorry behind in many situations where things had gotten really hairy and he even was good for lower level Gold Saucer battles.

I suppose Vincent got rather hairy as well when using the limit break. Oh, I'm such a wit.

I used Cait Sith in my last game and found him to be an enjoyable character to use. Dice is a really decent skill for most of the game because it provides a dependable amount of damage when you're throwing more die. I don't think he's great, but there's certainly no reason not to use him really.