PDA

View Full Version : world of warcraft or runescape

smily face
10-18-2007, 01:30 AM
witch one you think is great I play runescape and I never played world of warcraft but I herd it was good if I gave it a score I wouldnt know
sry but witch one u think is good:)

Rostum
10-18-2007, 01:37 AM
With your great punctuation, grammar and spelling, you'd fit into both. So don't worry.

:monster:

Of course, any MMORPG is better than Runescape, especially World of Warcraft. But I have yet to see an innovative one come out or that is coming out.

cloud21zidane16
10-18-2007, 01:37 AM
I downloaded WoW for the 10 day trail and found it to be quite good, but i wouldnt buy it because its just to time consuming, but i prefer it anyway.

Mirage
10-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Anything is better than Runescape.

Rengori
10-18-2007, 01:42 AM
This is like asking who you think would win in a fist fight between Mike Tyson and baby.

WoW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Run Escape.

Værn
10-18-2007, 04:43 AM
WoW.

escobert
10-18-2007, 04:49 AM
Guild Wars.

With your great punctuation, grammar and spelling, you'd fit into both. So don't worry.

Of course, any MMORPG is better than Runescape, especially World of Warcraft. But I have yet to see an innovative one come out or that is coming out.

You should look into Tablu Rasa. Not sure when it'll be out but it looks amazing.

Araciel
10-18-2007, 05:44 AM
WoW.

Miriel
10-18-2007, 05:52 AM
Gaming threads go in gaming forum! *boots*

Rostum
10-18-2007, 06:26 AM
You should look into Tablu Rasa. Not sure when it'll be out but it looks amazing.

Yeah, it does look pretty good. Not very innovative, but good nonetheless.

McLovin'
10-18-2007, 10:01 AM
witch one you think is great I play runescape and I never played world of warcraft but I herd it was good if I gave it a score I wouldnt know
sry but witch one u think is good:)

I think you'd be called a noob in WoW the second you ask for something. :p

Peegee
10-18-2007, 06:32 PM
WoW is better. The lolore is not there, but the fights are engaging and actually challenging. The problem is that most of us copy the elites' strategies and consequently there's no challenge.

I quit WoW due to performance issues in a particular Dungeon -- rather than troubleshoot it I gave up and have never looked back since. I work out, I feel good, and there's substantially less stress in my life.

^_^

Markus. D
10-18-2007, 08:50 PM
WoW.

Trust me, almost every MMO/ORPG is better than Runescape.

RS is like "My First MMO" ... to bad sometimes they never go out of it.

Rostum
10-19-2007, 05:31 AM
I am so glad my first MMO experience wasn't Runescape.

Ragnarok Online was pretty awesome, but to me nothing tops the memories that stem from my time on FFXI (I wouldn't say it's the best MMO now though).

WoW had some good memories too, but not as much as FFXI.

If you can be bothered paying the outrageous $15/month, then WoW is a good bet. But there are heaps of MMO's coming out that will surely be a better experience.

Carl the Llama
10-21-2007, 11:30 AM
outragous? what are you going on about, haveing just played both FFXI and WoW I can say that in the EU the price of the monthly subscription is EXACTLY the same £8.99 pcm, aditionally World of Warcraft is downloadable and you can get a free trial. And with the fact that Blizzard do maintenance their game every week there are less problems.

Rostum
10-21-2007, 11:56 AM
outragous? what are you going on about, haveing just played both FFXI and WoW I can say that in the EU the price of the monthly subscription is EXACTLY the same £8.99 pcm, aditionally World of Warcraft is downloadable and you can get a free trial. And with the fact that Blizzard do maintenance their game every week there are less problems.

With so many subscribers WoW has, they should lower their price per month. Honestly, they make a fortune off the 8 million or so players they have on their servers. How does having a free downloadable trial make any difference? FFXI is the same, though not having as many subscribers, it is an old game and you are starting to get some decent MMO's that cost far less and are kept maintained very well.

I can honestly say that for paying $15US a month, WoW isn't maintained that well and you don't get much innovative content being added.

McLovin'
10-21-2007, 10:31 PM
You should see the next patch in Nov...

leader of mortals
10-21-2007, 10:57 PM
well, Ive nevver played Wow, but the Pros and Cons of Runescape are...

Pros: ITS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Its fun for the first hour or two, Its... sort of good after the first hour or two.

Cons: When you are bored of it, You will never play it again(although I still average about 15 minutes a month)... and you get bored quick.

I also have a con for Wow: People will make fun of you

Discord
10-21-2007, 11:00 PM

Dito!

The problem with all MMOs is that they are just so bloody generic, except for GW (first pseudo-MMO which places thinking above grinding), which isn't really an MMORPG though. End of story.

Markus. D
10-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Well, for those lacking factions it's an MORPG and not an MMORPG :3

Dr. Acula
10-22-2007, 06:26 AM
Yuck. Runescape is a waste of time, IMO. No offence to those Runescape fans. Last time I played it was ages ago when I only played for 2 minutes before thinking, "That's it, I'm bored, I'm gonna play WoW now".
So yeah, WoW is waaay better.

Mr Cactuar
10-22-2007, 08:11 AM
After playing Runescape for about 2 and a half years, and reaching level 117, I can say that essentially it is a bad game. Once you get to the level 80+ region it starts to be ok because most people who are that level aren't little turds and are fun to play with. But I just couldn't handle it anymore and at the beginning of this year, I gave it up. Possibly the best decision I've made. It just sucks too much time out of your life. And it isn't even a good game.

Being a CSS player I know that whenever someone comes into a game saying "anyone play WoW?" they instantly get called fag and the like. WoW has never pulled me in that much so I can't say how good or bad it is.

Old Manus
10-22-2007, 08:15 AM
After playing Runescape for about 2 and a half years, and reaching level 117, I can say that essentially it is a bad game.Took you a while to reach that decision :chef:

Mr Cactuar
10-22-2007, 08:49 AM
I was young and inexperienced. But now I am as wise as the wise old man on the mountain *cackles*.

Mirage
10-22-2007, 01:33 PM
If you want a free MMO, RO is far better than RS :D.

Discord
10-22-2007, 01:37 PM
I'd personally recommend Anarchy Online as a free MMO. It's totally unbalanced when it comes to skills, classes and so forth, but hell it's huge. And *cackle* it looks better than Runescape.:tongue:

Bunny
10-22-2007, 01:40 PM
I can honestly say that for paying $15US a month, WoW isn't maintained that well and you don't get much innovative content being added.

[!]You must be either retarded or dumb. Maybe both? [/!]

No. Be respectful to others. ~Ko

World of Warcraft gets new content on a consistent basis. Every few months there is a new patch that adds several new things to do, and every other week or so there is a smaller patch that changes, modifies, or adds something newer to the gameplay. I suggest you either be quiet about what you do not really know or actually start playing the game so you can make at least a somewhat knowledgeable claim to the truth.

As far as the $15 per month is concerned, it is not a big deal. You are paying the $15 for several things, the leaset of which is consistent gameplay.

WoW is far superior then any MMORPG out there today.

demondude
10-22-2007, 01:55 PM

You must be either retarded or dumb. Maybe both? World of Warcraft gets new content on a consistent basis. Every few months there is a new patch that adds several new things to do, and every other week or so there is a smaller patch that changes, modifies, or adds something newer to the gameplay. I suggest you either be quiet about what you do not really know or actually start playing the game so you can make at least a somewhat knowledgeable claim to the truth.

As far as the $15 per month is concerned, it is not a big deal. You are paying the $15 for several things, the leaset of which is consistent gameplay.

You can't call people retarded or dumb because they disagree with you.
He has a perfectly good point and insulting him like that just makes you look like even more of an ***hole.

Bunny
10-22-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm not insulting him because he is disagreeing with me. I am not insulting him. I am saying that the idea that WoW is not maintained and that new material is not added on a frequent basis is dumb and retarded, and therefore by extension he must be for believing so.

As I said, WoW is maintained with a weekly maintenance day and small patches every other week and a large patch every few months. There are plenty of things added during these patches that make the $15 fee very viable.

Peegee
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
I've only stopped playing WoW for about half a year, roughly (for those who play it) just before they released some SKy-Island type area with more 5 man content. Prior to this, content is sparse, depending on what content is defined as. By content I mean 5 man content or raiding content. If by content you mean 'anything' then maybe you'd have an argument, but still not much of one. 'Casual epics', or as I called them 'EZmode epics' were not very good.

The game suffers from 'Raiders get the best gear' syndrome because it is impossible (I have poasted on their boards trying to get this idea through people's heads) to have two simultaneous routes and have both routes equally as difficult. I'm of the opinion if the 5 man route is easier, raiders would not raid properly (they would blast through content as they can get geared up and overpower the raiding) or they wouldn't raid at all.

Behold the Void
10-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Bunny, you should know by now that personal attacks against other members are not tolerated on this site. Don't do it again.

escobert
10-22-2007, 06:28 PM

You must be either retarded or dumb. Maybe both? World of Warcraft gets new content on a consistent basis. Every few months there is a new patch that adds several new things to do, and every other week or so there is a smaller patch that changes, modifies, or adds something newer to the gameplay. I suggest you either be quiet about what you do not really know or actually start playing the game so you can make at least a somewhat knowledgeable claim to the truth.

wow, every few months? Guild Wars is updated almost daily.
an no, bunny it REALLY isn't at all. Have you ever played EQ or FFXI? OR even LoTR online? those 3 plus WoW all equal the same damn game in a different setting. Really nothing new in any of them. And I have played all 4 of them.

look_out_below
10-23-2007, 03:36 AM
WOW is better then runescape but if you want MMORPG that you dont have to pay for i would recomend FLYFF. Its free, its graphics are good, and you can fly, there just are not as many quests and dungons as WOW.

Rostum
10-23-2007, 04:39 AM

Yes, RO is seemingly decent for a free time sinker.

I'm not insulting him because he is disagreeing with me. I am not insulting him.

You must be either retarded or dumb. Maybe both?

You would actually flame me over a discussion on online games? How pathetic can you really be? Honestly. There is absolutely nothing retarded in what I said, so please keep your distasteful words out of it.

It is your opinion that good content is being added and maintained in WoW, it is my opinion that it is bad content and it isn't being maintained as well as it should be at $15/month.

Also, if you check out rating websites such as MMORPG.com, you will soon see that WoW does not rank very high when compared to newer MMO's. So, you are wrong.

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention: I did play WoW on and off for awhile since open beta to recently this year. Just so you don't keep making some fanboy-ish assumptions again.

Markus. D
10-23-2007, 04:42 AM
WOW is better then runescape but if you want MMORPG that you dont have to pay for i would recomend FLYFF. Its free, its graphics are good, and you can fly, there just are not as many quests and dungons as WOW.

gPotato makes fantastic MMORPGs.

Rappelz and Space cowboy is great too.

escobert
10-23-2007, 05:09 AM

Yes, RO is seemingly decent for a free time sinker.

I'm not insulting him because he is disagreeing with me. I am not insulting him.

You must be either retarded or dumb. Maybe both?

You would actually flame me over a discussion on online games? How pathetic can you really be? Honestly. There is absolutely nothing retarded in what I said, so please keep your distasteful words out of it.

It is your opinion that good content is being added and maintained in WoW, it is my opinion that it is bad content and it isn't being maintained as well as it should be at $15/month.

Also, if you check out rating websites such as MMORPG.com, you will soon see that WoW does not rank very high when compared to newer MMO's. So, you are wrong.

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention: I did play WoW on and off for awhile since open beta to recently this year. Just so you don't keep making some fanboy-ish assumptions again.

Yeah i just checked MMORPG.com and WoW is number 15 behind EQ2 at number 1 and Guild Wars Factions at #2 and LoTR online at #3