PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

Hayabusa
10-18-2007, 05:26 PM
OK! Everyone is roughly lvl 41 - I just got the dolphin ship but I never did the cave of the summons or sylph cave - anyway - The monsters in both caves are destroying me? am I not strong enough or what's the deal? they take so much HP and take awile to kill. Do I need to train my party? Or do I just suck?

Crossblades
10-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Seems to me that your equipment is lacking. Are you up to date with weapons and armor?

Evastio
10-18-2007, 11:23 PM
You should try to get Excalibur and some Diamond Equipment (or Genji Equipment if you want to risk it in the Cave of Bahamut) if you're taking too much damage from monsters. It's recommended that you go through those two caves first. If you don't you may lose the opportunity to get the Sylph summon forever. You'll also find some great weapons in those two caves.

Hayabusa
10-19-2007, 04:24 AM
ok here's my stats and equipment

Rydia - Lvl 38

Attack=44
Def=30

R. Hand=Chain
Head=Tiara
Body=Black
Arms=Gold ring

Cecil - 41

Attack 122
Def= 54

R hand=Light
L hand= Diamond shield
Head=Diamond
Body=Diamond
Arms=Strength

-------------------
Rosa

Lvl 40

Attack 52
Def 30

Rhand=Archer
Lhand=Mute arrows
Head=Tiara
Body=Wizard
Arms=Goldring

-----
Edge= lvl 35

Attack=114
Def=37

Rhand=Kotetsu
Lhand=Kotetsu
Head=Ninja
Body=Blkbelt
Arms=Mrythrl

-----------------

So there's my party crossblades. Is that where I should be? or should I work on leveling up?

Evastio
10-21-2007, 03:12 AM
A few more levels wouldn't hurt. Also, your equipment is quite good but it can be upgraded a lot in those two locations that I mentioned.

sefirosu
10-23-2007, 03:44 AM
The recommended levels for both dungeons on the GBA version are as follows:

Cecil - 38
Rosa - 37
Rydia - 36
Edge - 34

In case you didn't know already, the acid from Sylvan and the lava from CoS takes HP off your characters whenever you tread onto them. Be sure to cast float for all characters every time you enter a different zone as it wears off when you do that.

In my playthrough, the majority of the random encounters in Sylvan mainly consisted of Bog Witches usually accompanied by several Tiny Toads which made for really easy fights, since the only available option they could use in battle is the Toad spell and nothing else. Long it may be, but the EXP was well worth it in the end. I only resorted to fleeing when Marlboros joined in, as I'd be healing more than fighting if I decided to engage. Mammons are heavy-hitters, even more so when in Berserk mode, so ignoring them might also be good idea to ensure you get to the fairies' house with minimum fuss. But the Blink and Image spell learnt by Rosa and Edge respectively should render such attacks ineffective.

The strategy I employed for CoS is not much different than the one I used for Sylvan. It wouldn't hurt to escape from battles should it prove too much to cope with. Gil dropped from running, you should try and recover thru defeating monsters.

Hayabusa
10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Yo-ho! All is well! All it needed was a few more levels up. I spent my time on the moon and trained in the Cave of Bahamut right by the door and rasied like 7 levels quickly. So I was like at 48/49 and such so the cave of the summons and Sylph was a breeze. I don't know...maybe I over-reacted from the marlboro's...but it really helped out a lot. And yeah....I used Float. That would be stupid to walk on the acid. lol Thanks for all the help guys! It helped me not give up and commit hari-kari. :eek:

OH! And through that I got Excalibur! ROCK!

Evastio
10-24-2007, 01:43 AM
Glad we could help you out.

Also, make sure you got the Sylph summon. Talk to Yang's wife if you were able to talk to Yang while he's unconscious.